don't click here

Sonic Social Media Shenanigans (This totally just happened...)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ashura96, Jul 8, 2015.

1. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Just you all wait. :ssh:

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    This isn't the BBFA3 thread, stop teasing about it in here. =P

+ - But yes, it'll be worth the wait =P  

3. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Sounds perfectly logical! You do sound correct and on-point. It's probably a project title referring to a game then. Just three short weeks and we'll see the announcement. To add to your bullet points Aaron has near enough confirmed on social media that it's a game. I think there's a specific tweet where he references the 22nd of July and refers to the project as a game. So it's most likely a project code name referring to the next mainline Sonic game. Looking forward to the announcement in July.

4. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    [​IMG]

Is the monitor from Sonic 2 HD? Or is it new art?

5. JansenM

JansenM

Devon, UK
    Generations mods
    It's a render of the Generations model, likely uprezzed a bit and the textures redone for CG. Or at least, it's in the same style as the object in the game.

6. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Good to see this thread still alive and kicking. Guess we'll have substantially more to talk about come the announcement on the 22nd. Can't wait.

7. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Less than three weeks wait at this point! Whatever the game ends up being, the social media is making it clear they're really proud of this one, and that gives me a lot of hope.

That, and the fact that I promised I would eat a ghost pepper and film it if it's bad. So... I have no choice at this point than to hope it's good.

8. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Not @sonic_hedgehog but @xboxuk posted this:

[​IMG]

I'm quite surprised sonic_hedgehog didn't get this one first. You're slacking, Aaron!

9. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    ^ Lol, perfect.

Yesterday for NiGHT's 20th anniversary we got a nice little Tweet about it, since it wasn't posted here.

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/750484837681623041

Just gotta keep dreaming for another entry, I suppose. I can wait.

10. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Delete your account.

[​IMG]

hmmm teasing about the new game I see.

11. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Teasing about the new game indeed. New Sonic game screenshots is such a tease. Only 10 short days until we see the announcement!

12. I hope it's something substantial! A video or some decent screenshots. If it's just a teaser which shows nothing :argh:

13. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

Provided it doesn't leak first ;) Call me terrible, but I'm expecting/hoping a leak happens :P

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

We've waited so long already, what's another few days? I feel like whatever it is that SEGA's cooking, they've kept it under wraps for an unusually long period of time because they're serious about doing it right. And if they're putting the effort in, then I don't want them to have their plans buggered right at the last minute.

15. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Ruby asked Madeon to provide music for a trailer so I'm assuming they're going to show a trailer with his music hopefully! :)

lol Tell me about it. I've been refreshing NeoGAF every day hoping to see a leak. Sega are infamous for leaks so I'm hoping one happens.

Definitely. Sega are serious this time about prolonging development to ensure quality and it shows with this game being set for so far in to the future. Chances are the game will be decent because it'll have had long enough in development. The game should theoretically be great.

16. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    This protracted development period means that the game will have had less pressure on it to develop quickly, which means there is a higher likelihood of it being a polished product. That does not equal the game being a good game, though. Sonic Boom: Rise Of Lyric was not a good concept for a Sonic game in the first place and no amount of polishing it never recieved could have made its core gameplay appropriate for the series it tries to call its own.

The way I see it is that this game will be a true litmus of what Sonic Team can do without the time pressure SEGA usually provides, and a game that isn't great could do more damage now than ever. It's good to be excited, and I am too. But expectation management is always key with this franchise.

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I don't know. Frankly, I don't think it was polish that Lost World, Generations and Colours back. All three used filler content that was significantly less interesting, less fun and much more basic than the main levels. It felt like they are trying to squeeze more levels and missions until their development time and they really shouldn't have bothered. Lost World lacked polish and refinement of ideas and concepts in addition to the above, but it's not so much the car for the other two.

18. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAd78EuaHgE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ce56RqKfco

19. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

THAT CHAO AIR-PETTING, THOUGH

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member