don't click here

Sonic Social Media Shenanigans (This totally just happened...)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ashura96, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Felik

Felik

I mean that means we have roughly 1.5 years from actual announcement till release. Isn't it a bit too long? I know we're gonna get a "Sonic project" next year so maybe they will only announce non-game related stuff in july and later the game?

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    By the way, last time SEGA did a "Sonic project" we ended up with a racing game, a 3-game compilation, a port of a spinoff and a cancelled weird experiment, so we'd better not get our hopes too up.

3. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Dunno, that all doesn't sound so bad to me since you're talking about Sonics R, Jam, 3D Blast and XTreme. Maybe not so good in the now, but our future selves may appreciate it more.

Maybe.

I can't be trusted here though, I admit. I love Sonic R too much for that.

4. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    The "Sonic project" tag line sounds to me like this might be more than just one game. If it were just a game they'd say so.

5. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Not necessarily. The Tales of team in Namco like to call their games Project: (Title) when they're in development. Tales of Vesperia has "Project Vesperia" as part of its boot sequence, and Xillia has "Project Xillia."

I'm just saying, it's not strange to see project only reference one game at all.

6. Bwahaha. I need to look into this, then!

7. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Or, you know, Project Needlemouse. :v:

8. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Technically that was multiple games. :v:

9. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    You do sound correct. Your logic there is sound. However isn't this the first time in history they've labelled a Sonic game a "project"? Just curious as to why they're doing that all of a sudden. Normally they just call them games; this is the first time a new game or games are referenced as a project. They definitely have my curiosity.

Only three short weeks until we find out what this project is!

10. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    The first "Project Sonic" was just Sonic Jam and Sonic R. (The other games were separate).
    I believe it was called "Project Sonic" because they wanted to reintroduce Sonic to the gaming public. (I think I read in interview that they got lots of questions from people after NiGHTS asking about who Sonic was (as NiGHTS had the Sonic Team logo)).

I think the second "Project Sonic" ended up being Sonic X.

11. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Like Gene said, games are often called "Project *something*" during development. Besides that, there's this to consider:

• Sega has been teasing that the 25th anniversary party will have a game announcement.
    • They already announced the Sonic movie so it can't be that.
    • It's very unlikely that they'd announce a new TV show while Sonic Boom is still going on.
    • It's been a decent amount of time since we've had a mainline Sonic game. Normally Sega would already have announced a new game by now.
    • Video game projects usually aren't multiple games.
    So it's probably a video game. :v:

12. Motwera

Motwera

I don't know why people are still wondering what the "Sonic Project" in 2017 is about, it is obviously a new main-line Sonic game and the PR/Social Media team have obviously implied it, no need to go too deep into this, people.

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Yup, that sure is the point I was trying to make with my post.

14. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Because we're secretly making a Death Egg in high orbit and don't want people to realize it.

...but perhaps I said too much.

15. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    I don't see how, since you're teasing that you know what's up without also teasing what it is. :specialed: What you said could imply anything.

In other news, has anyone here ever formally talked about the Big's Big Adventure 3 game that took over Retro for a night? That was seriously both fun and funny in so many ways. I loved its self-aware humor and multiple story paths.

16. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator

If you loved The Trial, you'll love the full version.

17. There is no full game.

...Is there?

18. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    There is.

19. I thought that was in development hell? :v

20. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Correction: it's going to be a full game. :v: