don't click here

Sonic Social Media Shenanigans (This totally just happened...)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ashura96, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Doubt that would ever happen again, I think SEGA today would just cancel a game then let 2006 mk. II happen under their wing (and before you say Rise Of Lyric, I feel that was out of their control if they had more control of the project they probably would just either delayed or canceled it).

Just hate the fact that Fire and Ice is literally the only Sonic game were gonna get to play this year. at least give us a Sonic 3k mobile SEGA...

2. Felik

Felik

So much this.
    Seriously if they just did that it'd be a perfectly satisfying anniversary game for me.

3. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    I'm still waiting for the remake of Sonic 2 to hit PC myself :V

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    My point is more: no anniversary year game is better than an anniversary year game they had to rush out for release.

5. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    Nonsense. It would be + - better than nothing. A valuable lesson we learned from Mighty No 9.  

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I got it. but I guess I just want more then a pushed back 3DS title and the usual Olympics based crossover title for this year.

Like I said, just find a way to get around all the legal bullshit and give us a Sonic 3k mobile done by TaxStealth and that would be great for this year. otherwise this was a real waste of a year in my opinion, just allot of teasing for basically nothing but a reveal.

7. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    I know we always get into the argument of "Sega's broke!" "No, they have pachinko money" but considering all the relatively recent closures and the downsizing of the US offices, you know they're not doing as well as they used to. I don't blame them for wanting the anniversary title of the only IP that makes them money to be good. I'm a little disappointed too but I would much rather have the Valve approach than the old Sega approach.

8. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    You mean promising a 3rd title and then never having it come to fruition? ;p

9. They really shouldn't have teased as hard as they did if it wasn't going to be released this year. I really hope Taxman and Stealth are being coy and secretly were working on Sonic 3 and Knuckles

10. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I really do get the feeling it was intended to be announced earlier, but the game was delayed so the marketing team had to backpedal.

I don't mind the wait for the game itself, I just need an announcement and a demo and I'm set to wait for next year.

11. MartiusR

MartiusR

I agree with you Lanzer, I didn't expect some new big title on this year (due to obvious reason, that it would be announced earlier), but on the other hand - I can see there a lot of possibilities, where is no need to use big amount of money & human resources. Especially re-releases (to be honest, I would be happy even with re-release of Knuckles Chaotix and GG games, and those are definitelly not something hard to make). My hopes for S3&K for Android are not too high (higher than hopes for releasing those remade versions on PC, but still not too high), but I would be extremely happy if I was wrong. I'm really glad that I've jumped into Android wagon in previous year, and those remastered editions of Sonic are one of the main reasons.

(and this privileging of users of Nintenduh's hardware, it's not for the first time :/)

12. Flygon

Flygon

I'm quite curious how difficult it would be to rerelease the Sonic & Knuckles Collection, with the VDP emulator hacked for widescreen (and the rest of the port to account for it).

One can always dream. :v:

13. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    If they did that, I think they shouldn't use midis. The S&K collection were made with windows 95 midi sound drivers or whatever technical mumbo jumbo in mind. They sound terrible on modern midi players, so people who never grew up on S&K collection listen to "rips" on youtube that were recorded with modern sound drivers and go "Wow, the music of this game is terrible."

What SHOULD be done if there is a widescreen s&k collection revival, would be HD remixes of all the tracks including the s&k collection original tracks that replace the MJ team ones that caused this problem in the first place. I want those tracks to get the love they DESERVE.

14. GT now you have me curious. Any 'authentic' rips?

15. Flygon

Flygon

That reminds me, I do need to record the tracks from my 98SE machine from the Sonic and Knuckles Collection. I just need to figure out a method of recording from the digital buffer, rather than risk going Digital>Analog>Digital (such as how the Stereo Mix may be).

This should help is figure out just what the hell is going on, using standard Microsoft Wavetable Synthesizer.

Edit: @ Friend of Sonic - Show me a method and I'll show you rips torn from my 98SE PC to a USB drive bigger than it's Hard Drive. :v:

16. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    The delay/extended development time in to 2017 is a good thing because it increases the chances the game will be decent. I'm personally expecting something on the level of Sonic Generations quality wise. It proves Sega are serious about their new development ethos with Sonic being positively affected. Rushed development schedules have plagued Sonic since as far back as Sonic 3 (or even Sonic 2 if you count the lost levels like Hidden Palace Zone). It has been an issue since the genesis of the series with so many casualties along the way like the infamous Sonic 06. Sega being serious about longer development times is a profoundly good thing; the best thing to happen to the franchise since the Colours/Generations resurgence if not one of the best things to happen to Sonic in forever. It doesn't necessarily mean the game will be great but it means the game will shake off one of the major factors that cause bad Sonic games moving forward. I don't mind the game being 2017 as long as we you know, just find out what the game is this year.

I'm looking forward to the event on July 22. We've had confirmation now (from Iizuka I believe) that the game will be announced then. Excited for it.

17. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    I'd daresay it's been a problem since Sonic 1. The cut sound test animation, storyboards indicating that the ending we got was a drastically scaled-down version, graphical features that didn't make it in till the first revision, etc..

18. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    ITT any game ever with any cut material is rushed.

19. Felik

Felik

I wonder if they aim for the usual christmas release for this one.

20. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Maybe a 2017 Christmas release. :v: