don't click here

Sonic Sessions - A new YouTube music series

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Sonic Warrior TJ, Dec 16, 2021.

Tags:
  1. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    SEGA is still scared to mention who composed what in Sonic 3 due to MJ’s involvement and potential legal troubles.. but honestly at this point, the fans can just do the research on their own and figure out which tracks his team worked on via process of elimination and what SEGA has re-used since then.

But I do agree and wonder how SEGA will go about it in Origins.. if they use the prototype songs, will they remove MJ’s team from the credits??

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
  2. Linkabel

Linkabel

I don't think it has anything to do with the Sonic 3 music issues.

For example, If I'm remembering correctly they didn't credit Fumie Kumatani for composing White Jungle when they posted the Forces Remix, Spencer Nielsen on VS. Metal Sonic (US ver.) Remix or Naofumi Hataya/Tee Lopes with Mania's Stardust Speedway Act 1.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    I wonder what tracks will be next. I think it'd be cool if they did a cover of a Sonic R song. maybe they could also get TJ Davis for that.

4. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

Better than Sonic Genesis... Member
    I wouldn't mind hearing both TJ and Lyn singing together, to be honest. I think their voices would mix well.

5. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Yes they didn’t mention the original composers when they posted the songs on YouTube.. but for Mania’s SSZ they at least gave credit to both Tee Lopes and Naofumi Hataya on the iTunes release

56005A64-9407-4056-84D0-E7C5B2AFA3AF.jpeg

6. The only problem with Sonic 3's music is the "Michael Jackson" ones. Songs made by "SEGA SOUND TEAM" I think is fine. I guess they really lost the "source" who composed the "non-Michael Jackson" ones tho'. With exception maybe the ones Jun Senoue or Howard Drossin composed.

And I think Number One would be a perfect song for that, honestly.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  7. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    Wasn't Ice Cap theme a problematic song and also non-Michael Jackson?

8. IDK whether it has ever been truthfully problematic, but it stemmed from Brad Buxer's band the Jetzons. It was majorily writte/composed by another band member, but became a Michael Jackson work once Brad firmly established himself within the camp.

9. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I've said this before many times but Sonic 3's music problems probably go beyond Michael Jacksons estate. The songs were composed by Michael Jacksons team and any one of those members could be the one causing issues.

We also have no idea what the situation even is with the OST at this current point of time. Considering they are re-releasing Sonic 3 I think it's likely they've resolved the music issues to at least some extent.

Anyway I'll only post this once on this matter so I don't veer the thread off topic.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  10. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I really wonder what "Fist Bump - Edgy RMX" is.

11. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Damn, I so wanted a didgeridoo remix of Throw It All Away...

12. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    oh cool I literally got my one wish of a Sonic R song lol

13. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

Better than Sonic Genesis... Member
    Aren't some of these songs prior remixes Tee did?

14. Douglas Robb is returning? Oh shit. Kinda wish that was Crush 40 tho, but having Douglas Robb plus Jun Senoue is very good too.

15. MH MD

MH MD

This slaps

16. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I don't like this one at all. 2 edgy 4 me. Mind you, I only really liked the instrumental version of First Bump to begin with. This version is just... Bleh.

17. Snowbound

Snowbound

I Know the “escape from the city” remix is old news but I haven’t seen anyone bring this up... the song’s instrumental arrangement, particularly the organ, gives me MAJOR Sonic Advance vibes

18. This goes hard. I approve that.

Not gonna lie tho', I was expecting to hear Jhonny's voice.

19. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    I like the instrumental but I think the lyrics kind of take away in a way that they didn't for the original version.