don't click here

Sonic (music) Archive

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SeanieB, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeanieB

SeanieB

Chief Server Monkey Administrator
    San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    That's what I expected for Sonic Eraser, but I was wondering wht format the mobile phone tracks were

2. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    Some of them are MIDIs ripped from the actual game files, and some of them are WAVs that I recorded using audacity while playing them on an emulator. They all sound perfect, though. I have most of the music from Sonic Schoolhouse (Actually downloaded it from Shadow Hog) as MIDIs. Some of the mobile phone music is really interesting. Imagine Sonic 2 music in chiptunes, and that's pretty much what it is. I have Eraser in WAV format, unless you'd rather use Tweakers' suggestion.

3. Shadix

Shadix

Oldbie
    I'm sure this has been brought up, but having these, particularly the newer soundtracks, up for download for free is not going to tickle SEGA's fancy. To clarify a little bit Jun Senoue is really an advocate agains't piracy and stands up for the current copyright law whole-heartedly, and he gets just a little hacked off when he sees his work getting torrented and whatnot. (Also part of the reason why he won't release any of his unused songs from SA)

The soundtracks themselves are probably safer here or on the sites they're already at disguised as regular Sonic sites. Making a community that exploits the music archive is just begging for legal trouble, as much as I want a source to get my Sonic music now that the mega Sonic Soundtrack torrents that used to be on sonicfreak and onthenet have dissolved.

4. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I assume the Sonic Jump ones are MIDIs? Because I had originally ripped them as well as the graphics =P

5. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

I actually couldn't get into Sonic Jump and just pull the midis out, so those are WAVs. Almost all of the other mobile games I have MIDIS for.

6. SeanieB

SeanieB

San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    That's fine, I will give you the info for uploading it when it's available again.

7. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
  8. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    He should go after the pirates in Taiwan and China that sell illegal copies of his CDs and bring some old CDs back into print for the next wave of customer's wanting to get them because some of them are hard to find. Alot of people for example don't even know Everanime pirates video game soundtracks. I mean take off the official logos of the original label and put their's on and try to sell it off as the real thing.

Forget about people who put stuff up to download, most people don't care about such soundtracks until they buy them or been exposed to some of the music. So those websites are doing him a favor in promoting it.

9. Metal-Geo

Metal-Geo

Toot toot Member
    No interest in the SegaSonic the Hedgehog soundtrack, is there? :)
    (Yes, the System 32 game)

10. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Turns out my "Sonic Jump" is actually Sonic Jump 2 with a different title. The title screen looks like this: [​IMG]

I know there was a different version of Sonic Jump without the chaos emeralds. Anyone know where I can download it, or other Sonic Cafe games? By the way, I'm working on getting music from Sonic Pocket Adventure.

11. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I found it on Shadow of a Hedgehog. I could try uploading it if people want it.

12. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

I think we already have SegaSonic Arcade. I would, however, like to know if we have the unused track from Sonic the Fighters. The mp3 of it's on Sonic Cult.

13. NickW

NickW

Provided that song is still in Gems Collection, the ADX version of it is either uploaded or is going to uploaded when I can upload again.

14. SeanieB

SeanieB

San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    If you have it in MP3 we can use it -- I like to have the ADX copies but I want MP3/standard codec copies too.

15. TiagoJ7

TiagoJ7

Great idea, SeanieB. I totally support this.

16. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

I don't know if it's there or not, but you can download it here and give it a listen.
    http://www.sonic-cult.org/dispart.php?cati...d=1&artid=5

By the way, do we want music ripped from Sonic game trailers? Some of it's pretty cool.
    What about fake/pirated games?

17. SeanieB

SeanieB

San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    No way, that music's usually awful... Thanks anyway for the other stuff!

edited because I didn't mean the top part :P

18. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Wow! Going off topic a bit, surely, but this is probably the best song in all of Sonic the Fighters! It's a real shame it wasn't used anywhere.

Looking forward to hearing the high quality version if it still exists. :flunked:

19. NickW

NickW

I just checked. It turns out that they did not include that song in Gems Collection. :flunked: Gems Collection only contains 24 BGM.

20. fifthelephant

fifthelephant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.