don't click here

Sonic Megamix

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Stealth, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    There isn't enough space in a CD to fit an entire soundtrack for original mode AND all the tracks we have planned. End of story.

2. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    You sayin DMAshura's music won't be good enough for you? :)

3. MDave

MDave

Head Ninja Member
    North Wales
    BladeBattles - Indie PC game.
    Just when I thought it couldn't get any better. Great music choices! Love the sense of speed demonstrated in the videos, looks like the acts are getting even bigger too :)

Got any other surprises in store? :P

4. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Ooh, alright. Yeah, I suppose you guys would have had a good reason for not adding a new soundtrack. =P

5. GasparXR

GasparXR

I'm back! Member
    No. I'll probably have a version with and without my custom soundtrack. =P

6. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    CDs?..Who says cd? I WANT a 10gb image :)

NOT.

7. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Blu-Ray Disc.

8. Cyberblade

Cyberblade

Can't catch me ya bastard! Member
    Ohio
    Sonic Shift
    HD-DVD for life, right next to my Betamax tapes and UMD's. :v:

9. Granville

Granville

US
    Cool beans on continuing this project! I wish you the best of luck and hope your time back here is relatively noob free (wishful thinking).

Uhoh, here comes a noob in me. It can't be stopped:

Is the regular Genesis version dead? If so, I guess I couldn't play the game on DS anymore. Oh well.

10. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    It's been dead for a while.

And the DS, really? :v:

11. Granville

Granville

US
    Yeah, sorry for being weird. I still play the old version (pre-segacd) on JenesisDS. Nice that it works. I was just asking, but it doesn't matter. Even if It were still on Genesis, I probably wouldn't be able to play it anymore since I suspect the file size would pass 3MB. Lordus never implemented large file support.

I just asked because it seemed like the release may have just been a quick one to say farewell or something. Wasn't sure if the Genesis version had been officially discontinued. Thanks for the answer! I can still play on PC. Good luck! :v:

12. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    And this is why I love Picodrive for the PSP; Mega Drive and Mega CD emulator in one.

Oh yeah.

13. Arctides

Arctides

I am a bloated bag of hate. Oldbie
    Just out of curiosity.. are the character additions stopping at Knuckles and Tails?

14. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    Yeah. This isn't Sonic Nebulous with its 32 characters in JPEG quality.

15. Arctides

Arctides

I am a bloated bag of hate. Oldbie
    Ah. Well, I'm not exactly expecting 32 characters. Though throwing in Blaze would've earned you some brownie points.
    Meh.

16. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    What if the original mode was just directed to share some megamix tracks in CDDA mode, that way, we could just simply replace the MP3's with whatever suits. Personally, I'd love the idea. Alternative being getting QJimbo to write S1MP3 tool. :v:

17. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Now that I have cleaned up all the jizz on and around my desk and the rest of the room, I think it was a smart move to make this secret....at least for a little while. The score tally between screens and the unique character face backgrounds will probably make the old Sonic Team jealous. Great job guys on making the best Sonic game Sega never made! It seriously makes a good majority of the games look like an absolute joke. It's a welcome sight to see hard bosses that won't piss me off because I forgot to press "L" and got bitch slapped into an instant death with 10 rings left. Originality meets retro design and glorious gimmicks. I don't know who said they hated Stealth and everyone else, but then again there are always those that have to constantly complain about something. It really won't bother me if this isn't done till 2015. At least the wait will be worth it and at last a good Sonic game will come out of it because it was never rushed.

18. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    yes while we are at it let's make our own hardware, the MEGA BD player.

I'll also say that in the megamix I played a while ago I dislike the shadow sprite, doesn't seem to work well imo, I'd be happy with just sonic, tails and knuckles.

19. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I once suggested it XD

Also there was a fake Mega DVD add-on once (fake in the sense that it didn't work, but the hardware was there actually =P)

20. filmzombie

filmzombie

The real spindash... Member
    England- The Land of Tea
    Sonic Synthesis
    Shadow was fine. I think the version in Megamix is the best so far. If you don't like Mighty or Shadow though- you can just ignore them.

However I for one will be enjoying Mighty to the full.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.