don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    As of right now, Nintendo's official site has a link to BUY PHYSICAL on Sonic Mania.

EDIT: As of right now, only their Amazon link is working. It's taking me to a Collector's Edition for the Switch that isn't being sold yet. The picture has a download card, just like all the others.

2. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
  3. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  4. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    Not on the UK Amazon store as yet, but I suspect it will be shortly. Still waiting for the PC edition to become available in the UK (it's not going to happen, is it?).

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  6. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    I'm surprised it's not Taxman and Stealth themselves who are handling the Switch port.
    I mean, who would be better at the job than the engine creators themselves?

But you guys seems ok with Tantalus so oh well :)

7. MartiusR

MartiusR

Rather not. But I'm guessing that there is still some chance to obtain it in more "local" internet stores, closer to release date. After all, it wasn't considered officially as possible to buy only in Amazon (if I didn't miss anything).

(quite odd, that content of this Collector's edition is still not considered as "final design")

8. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Sonic CD was handled on consoles (and PC) by another porter as it was originally only licensed for mobile devices (or something along the lines of that). Getting another group to handle ports isn't something new.

That being said it is good that Sonic Mania will be on many devices, so more people will get a shot at playing this if you only have certain devices.

9. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    According to the tags of the Sonic Tumblr's post about the Switch version, there will be more news later today: http://sonicthehedgehog.tumblr.com/post/155796914283/its-true-sonic-mania-is-headed-to-the-nintendo

10. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Why isn't Tax and Stealth handling the Switch port as well? was the switch port a last minute decision and thus have no time to focus on it?

11. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I'm gonna guess they might already have enough work to do developing the game for three different platforms.

12. Linkabel

Linkabel

Wait, is the metallic card for the Switch different? Didn't it used to have Sonic instead of Tails & Knuckles?

13. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    I think that's the other side.

14. Linkabel

Linkabel

Ah cool, though now I might get the Switch version of it as well so I can have it on the go.

15. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I'm chomping at the bit about what new info they're teasing for today. Maybe a first look at a cutscene? Any new look makes me insanely more excited.

16. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
  17. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Oh was it? Well that works too, haha!

18. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Yeah, that makes sense.

Would be nice to see some footage of GH act2 (besides the screenshot). Really liking how act2 looks.

Hopefully we'll get footage of another zone and/or a new trailer soon.