don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    The thing I find interesting is that, besides the caves, that one section of Modern Sonic's Green Hill right before the caves actually reminds me a lot of Bridge Zone.

2. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    I think they forgot about the Gamegear/SMS levels.

3. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    I think everyone outside of Sonic Retro forgets the Game Gear/SMS levels at one time or another.

4. And probably some people inside. It didn't occur to me at first that the caves could have been a throwback to the 8-bit Act 2. Still, it's probably just a coincidence.

5. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
  6. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    :ssh: :ssh: :ssh:
    It is just a coincidence, but you don't need to spoil the fun for the ones of us who want to believe that they do care and understand enough about the franchise in order to do throwbacks to obscure 8-bit games. After all, we all want to be able to witness Iizuka saying in a interview "Yes, yes; we inserted various nods to the Game Gear titles. It was compretery intentionaru." :specialed:

7. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

I was already going to be down there at the time, so registered and will be going. Hope they allow me to use my Video Camera...

8. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    I'm like 10 minutes away from there.

Might be cool.

9. serpx

serpx

Would love to hear some opinions from Retro members. I can rely on opinions here moreso than anywhere else, really, so definitely hope some of you can go!

10. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Maryland, Y U No on West Coast?! Certainly will be paying more attention to this than E3 this year. By the time it's over, I expect level maps of GHZ.

11. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    This, and/or replace with West Virginia.

Anyone wanna take me to Sonic Boom? All I need is transportation and some air, I won't get in your hair. :specialed:

12. Cool, so we'll have some impressions from people on Retro. Can't wait for Sonic Boom to go down.

13. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Got a confirm from a friend and he's going as well, so I'm excited. This won't make up for me barely missing E3 this year (always next year, we could only send two representatives and I was going to be the Third) but should be fun in it's own right.

14. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

This is gonna be sweet. I expect some real in-depth analysis from those of you who are going, and not just "DERP PHYSICS ARE NOT SPOT ON", because let's face it, physics are always changing, and as long as they're as good as or near enough the same (ie; they give the same basic movement, something Sonic 4 totally eliminated but which the Advance series got right) there won't be a problem.

Anyway, I know you lot are good enough to bring back some awesome written details, that's why I love you. :ssh:

15. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    If you want tickets, e-mail me at slingerland AT sonicretro DOT org.

You know you want to party with Taxman and I.

16. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    The idea of spending hundreds in airfare and lodging to play Sonic Generations AND pester Taxman about Sonic CD iPhone is very tempting...

17. I know I'd love to! But damn, I don't know if I want to make the drive from AZ and plus it's right in the middle of the work week... crap.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Relevant for Everyone Not Near L.A.
    There's hope.

19. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I want to be excited about that, but even an East Coast US convention would probably be in NY.

Ah well, nice to see SEGA going all out with this either way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.