don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    That recent cover you made there Blaze? Freaking awesome.

About the GHZ Modern Sonic music...remember when we got our first official look at Sonic Unleashed, and the music playing for Savannah Citadel was kinda different than what was in the final game? We could be looking at something similar.

Also, I'm amazed no one's mentioned the possibility of Advance/Rush stages in this game for the Modern side. I hope I"m not stirring a "Hold Right" debate here, but I feel those games have some stages that wouldn't be too out of place in this game, unless Generations is just covering main games, which I'm still absolutely cool with.

2. cornholio857

cornholio857

The Great Cornholio Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
    I had a thought, what if Sega was able to get Michael Jackson's original recordings for Sonic 3 and have them as unlockable tracks? Far fetched, I know. But I think that would be awesome. :) Plus, Sega loves hinting around about MJ's involvement with Sonic 3.

3. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    That is such a great idea, please consider something like this SEGA. A homage to the Genesis would be excellent.

4. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Someone go post it on the Segablog forums or something

Several hundred times

5. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Looks cool. I thought maybe incorporating some sort of tie-dye look into the box like the background art for the Dreamcast games along with the Genesis' grid box would be a neat idea, but I have a hard time imagining that concept without it looking awful.

I'd think it's just they don't want to have to spend valuable resources and dev time making a lower-spec version for the Wii (or bringing in another team to make an inferior version, like Unwiished), and are just focusing on the two consoles with similar horsepower. At least, that seems like the logical reason.

6. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Uh, Mega and Gems Collections?

(and Sonic GBA lol)

I'll assume you're not counting ports though. Either way, I doubt Nintendo cares much about which design Sonic has in a game.

7. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Totally disregaring all the other topics on this thread, just because I've been off for a week from the Sonic scene.

Wow, that gameplay video looks totally amazing. I love the detail of Green Hill Zone in 'classic' style, and how they've managed to finally make a 2.5D Sonic game style which looks as though it carries the same style as the Classic/Advance games.

It looks like Clasic Sonic is becoming the Toon Link of the Sonic world- same character, different style. I'm wondering if there's any concrete plot to the game, or whether it's just 'defeat Robotnik'. The simpler it is, the simpler it is to explain two different versions of Sonic, and I hope they keep the 'two Sonics' thing strictly as an aesthetical design choice (and for a really cool trailer) rather than a plot point - "OMG TWO SONICS MEET!!!". Seeing as both are the same character, and that Sonic has constantly evolved through the years in an obvious way;
    [​IMG]
    I can't see how that's possible.

Anyway, this is looking brilliant. Sonic 4 seems a lot less polished now, and given that it already gave off hurried and lacking feel, it just makes it feel that little bit sillier. It raises the question for as to how Sonic ; Ep II will raise the bar and bring in something new now, considering this game seems to be doing it in a similar way, and arguably better. What I mean is, the classic level was certainly more like what I imagined Project Needlemouse to be like. Then again, if it were, it wouldn't be downloadable across the three consoles of this generation, and I love my Wii.

Talking of Wii, I certainly hope it gets officially confirmed soon. :colbert:

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It is a plot point. The press release says Sonic meets his 1991 self. I dunno about you, but I interpret that and the rest of the press release as time travelling through the fourth wall as opposed to C.Sonic being a young version of M.Sonic.

Wii got officially rejected btw. Iizuka mentioned it in one of the interviews floating around.

9. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    I don't think anybody mentioned this, but I noticed the classic Sonic gameplay had RED AND YELLOW SPRINGS, WITH DIFFERENT STRENGTH BY COLOR. It's like SEGA really is paying attention to the minor details this time around. This is the sort of stuff that gets me really excited about this game.

10. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    So why do they keep trying to avoid the system that sonic sells the best on?

11. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I'm assuming because this is an anniversary blow out? The Wii is hardly the system to do that with.

12. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Not just that.

If you're following the Project Café rumors, Sega supposedly has a devkit. I think it's safe to say that if this is coming to a Nintendo system it'd be Café- easy porting. On the Wii, you're essentially making two separate games.

13. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I hope this is the case. Besides, it'd mean we could dodge the possibility of a Sonic Generations in vein of SUWii.

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

They were always very open about Unleashed Wii/PS2 existing, they just didn't show it for a long time. In the case of Generations they flat out confirmed it's not happening. The only way it's coming to a Nintendo console right now is if the Project Café rumours are true.

15. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Rush
    Rush Adventure
    Chronicles
    Secret Rings
    Black Knight
    Colors
    Summer Olympics
    Winter Olympics
    London Olympics

All those exclusives = Avoiding? :v:

Colors wasn't even barely six months ago.

16. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    I like how the only game I really really like in that list is Colors. Then again, Rush and Rush Adventure aren't terrible. Rush Adventure could've been genuinely fantastic, come to think of it, but that's a whole 'nother topic.

So, other than the possibility of Project Cafe being a real thing that will happen soon, what about the 3DS? Can you imagine playing Generations in fucking 3D?

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's not coming to 3DS either. They would have said so if it was.

18. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    Still crossing my fingers this is the case, it would be really stupid not to put this game on a Nintendo console.

19. dsrb

dsrb

How many new pages in just over a day? :S

I didn't make it clear that by “forced running” I meant uncurling from a spin on the ground, à la the boosters in StH4:EI, very shortly after beginning a spin-dash. As for the loops themselves, I was referring to the classic mode, so that's not applicable!

Sorry, but to me that looks worse: considerably more jagged.

20. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    Trust me, this is nowhere near as bad as the shitstorm Sonic 4 brought with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.