don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

How is it not good? Everything that happened in that timeline is what is showing up in Generations, except for Shadow's game and no one wants to see that (and irrelevant to Sonic).

I agree that details are irrelevant and to me, Blaze falls into this category. It doesn't matter if Blaze being at the birthday party is because either Rush is canon or Blaze being from an AU was imported. It doesn't matter as it doesn't change anything at all. She's still defined as the SOL princess from the AU. Like six to seven emeralds, like the Moon being complete or not, the worlds map not overlaping. It's not that much of a deal breaker. However, something like Tails being Eggman's right hand man, Shadow being Sonic's tagalong, Amy crushing on Knuckles, the rings replaced by fairies, probably.

2. Boy, you REALLY don't want Black Knight to be represented in Sonic Generations, huh?

3. KKT

KKT

http://segahd.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/modern-era-crisis-city-2.jpg

^The sign says Chao Garden- Next Exit
    Crisis city has a chao garden. Chaos swim in lava.
    EDIT: Also, how is that a highway? It's only 3 quicksteps long. Not very smart, Sega.
    In post-apocalyptic times they have the money to build ramps on the middle of highways that could collapse at any second.

4. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Can you rehost that on a site like ImageShack? The site doesn't allow hotlinking.

5. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    But you can trick it. Copy the link and paste it in the url bar after you get the "hotlinker no hotlinking!" image. It'll pop up.

6. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    One lane traffic? :v:

I wonder if you can quick step in this area, looks like you'd miss the ramp and die if you quick step to the sides.

7. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Probably one of those sections where you don't really have control over Sonic for a couple of moments, and he just does something pretty.

8. KKT

KKT

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/moderneracrisiscity2.jpg/
    There's an imageshack link for those who are unable to figure out how to get around the hotlink blocker.
    Also, I realized there is a second lane on the far right of the screenshot for cars going the other way(and presumably an alternative path for Sonic).

9. That sign was in the original version of Crisis City. Presumably the garden is long gone, as the city is kinda destroyed at the moment.

10. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    As a kid, always kinda freaked me out when going through Adventure's Last Story and realizing all of my Chao in Station Square's garden were probably flooded. I mean, as that is technically the final point in the game, that's pretty much their fate. Poor buggers. But I digress.

Looking at the screencaps, I think Crisis City will have a really subtle makeover. Maybe since it's been a while since I've played it, but there seems to be more of a focus on the detail on the rust, dust, rubble, and lava than in '06. Just knowing they've been refining smaller details on the graphics is enough for me. (Initially I was a tad disappointed)

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I allways made sure my chaos had some flying traits so that way they could escape their watery fate :p. Ah, to be young again...

Maybe that freeway overpass sign has some symballic meaning, like the chao garden no longer exists were never going to see it again and is nothing more then a rusted memory in time. either that or its just lawlpastgamereferences

12. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Then who the hell were the chao at the ending scene after Chaos is "purified" or whatever? I dunno how they could have transported there otherwise. Besides, they can at least struggle to swim through water even if they haven't been trained.

13. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    You heartless fiend.

My gut wrenched every time I heard one of my babies drowning. They can struggle through the water my ass.

14. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Perhaps I'm just thinking of SADX. I don't think they could actually drown as such in that one, but then I never actually tried.

15. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    And thank god you hadn't! There should be laws for people like you. I can't even imagine the sounds they'd make, fighting for their lives as you stand there picking your nose.

Aba-bwa-BU!

Poor little things.

16. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I have to admit, playing demo versions of Sonic Adventure for DC, I did actually entertain the thought of jumping off the ledge while holding a chao to see if they'd survive it.

Anyway, more to the point, I'm very curious to see what the music for Planet Wisp is going to sound like. If Hataya's doing the arrangement, I wonder if we'll hear some references to Quartz Quadrant in it (heck, for some reason the whole stage's concept reminds me a good deal of QQ, so I wonder if we'll see references to it in its style or if there'll be conveyors anywhere).

17. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Speaking of Colors and CD, Planet Wisp Generations really looks like something out of CD. It looks like it'd be a good future of some stage... Doesn't it?

Anyways interesting to see little details like the burnt Chao Garden sign make the cut. Though that's to be expected since 06's textures were already high-res, as were the models. I believe only a bit of tweaking was needed on Crisis City and Rooftop Run. Planet Wisp, considering it's also getting an HD makeover despite being a modern stage, probably needed a bit more work put into it design wise. Though it should be obvious a lot of work is going into Crisis City's layout to make it actually ENJOYABLE.

18. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Yeah I did tak that from Overlord, who I trust with information :v: I wouldn't want to go into it because I haven't witnessed it so it would be preferable is Overlord would tell us further!

19. serpx

serpx

I just realized that this game is going to have the greatest soundtrack of all time. There better be an amazingly awesome remix of Open Your Heart.

20. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    Seconding this greatly. A classic styled remix of that would be quite interesting. Also, a classic and modern remix of Speed Highway: At Dawn would be awesome, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.