don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. I had that issue. Then I turned off V-sync and the audio seemed to sync well after that.

2. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    I now nominate "TIME FOR A CHANGE OF PACE!" as the new "GET A LOAD OF THIS!"

3. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Having had some issues with Steam and my stupid tiny monitor and having to spend ages configuring the res, I'm having an amazing time with this game. Seriously. it is awesome.

4. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Nice little article on IGN of where sonic may be going next in 2012.
    includes some mention of sonic Generations as it stands now.
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1211695p1.html

5. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I believe that's the same one that appears on Retro's home page :v:

6. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    One of the things I really like about the soundtrack is that it acknowledges both the American and Japanese versions of the Sonic CD soundtrack, AND the Saturn soundtrack for 3D Blast. (The Stardust Speedway remix, for instance!)
    I managed to find all the Red Rings in Classic Crisis City on my first try, but I'm still missing one in Classic Green Hill Zone. Damn "swings".

7. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    Holy hell... 6 dubs? That's gotta be the most language options I've ever seen for a video game.

8. MastaSys

MastaSys

For a game intended to everyone, including children, this is very important.
    But's still it's far from Sony level, that yes are the games with most dubs I ever heard.

I actually curious to hear the spanish one, I heard that these actors work on sonic since AOSTH to Sonic X, just to see how consistency would work on Sonic really.

9. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Am I the only one getting errors on PS3 when trying to do ranking or 30 second trial? Not tried this morning mind you, but it keeps coming up with an error.

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Good news - mine's arrived, and much faster than the Amazon delivery estimate. Good job lads, my faith in you is completely restored after a few stories I've heard over the last 2 weeks from both here and outside.

Right, see you all when I've finished this game =P

11. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    So 2 hours from now?

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    It took me 8 to do Colours actually, so seeing as people are saying this game is about 5 I'm expecting it to be more like 6. But eh. =P

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=26809&st=0&gopid=636405&#entry636405

13. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Still getting the error on the online stuff...annoying...

14. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    It's kind of interesting in the sense that this is the first time any Sonic game got dubbed into German, French, Spanish and Italian at all.

Also kinda funny that they managed to get Sonic's, Tails', Eggman's, Knuckles' and Amy's voice actors from the German Sonic X dub back but everyone else has new voices.

15. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Both my LE's from amazon were only dispatched YESTERDAY, on release day :/ and not here today, so won't see them until monday, if not tuesday or later. :/

Will complain to them about why they sent out the game so late, at least I have a steam version to play for now.

16. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Secret Rings featured a German dub.

17. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    Just finished the main story. S ranks up, down and all around, yo.

Was a very enjoyable game! Only one glitch found, and in Classic Crisis City to boot. :v:

Honestly - I really enjoy this "modernised Classic Sonic" gameplay. It's much less frustrating to play than Sonic 1 or 2. The single button "spamdash" I actually like, as it implies that the boost is an evolution of the spindash, and implies more continuity. The modern Starposts and Dash Rings I like as well - the 3D nature of the modern starposts and the "arial spring" usage of the Dash Ring both come together to make this game more cohesive! The running into springs I thought I would hate at first, but at least they look like the classic springs. I don't like the classic dashpads, but I guess I'll let that slide.

Now to get all those damn red rings. *shudder*

18. I'm fighting Shadow on 360, just about to kill him, then he gets himself stuck in an endless loop of Chaos Spear. He's still invincible so I can't attack him.

It's been like 10 mins and he's still there lol.

19. Korama

Korama

Tech Member
    You're wrong.

20. Woofmute

Woofmute

stuck in ram Member
    turning into a dreamcast
    I'm good at this game, evidently.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA1oULVHKuU