don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    At the Silver video: Oh so THAT's what they wanted the drift animation for. I didn't even know what it was requested for.

I was discussing on releasing the hilarious werehog swap, but without the fur shaders and the fear of seeing recolors and bad model edits, it doesn't sound like such a good idea. :v:

2. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

If you actually have those ported Unleashed animations working, I'm sure there are more than a few people (myself included) who would love to see those put into a mod release.

3. That One Jig

That One Jig

aka RichterSnipes Member
    Somewhere in America
    (Not) Working on My PokéHack
    It looks like the link for the Shadow video is broken. I'd have liked to see it because it sounds impressive as far as character hacks go.

The Silver hack is pretty good too, though.

4. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works

You should just chill out, bothering to animate the animations that aren't even in Unleashed is time consuming just to let you know(besides having a life and being sidetracked to hell). I have all the animations swapped to work with the Unleashed Model but you have to remember that Generations has animations Unleashed never had. Honestly, why they moved the bones a few spots is beyond me, otherwise the animations would have worked perfectly, I wish it was able to be fixed in the hkx itself to fix it all for the default positions.

Anyways, set up a whole new computer and ready to get to work with things and finishing up some other things hopefully.

5. Kampfer

Kampfer

I've been loving playing around with some of the mods this game has to offer, but is there any way to unlock all skills without having to get all red rings or do those certain challenges? I beat this already on xbox, and I'd just like to toy around with the game without having to do everything again.

6. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    You could download a 100% save file.

7. Joe T.E.

Joe T.E.

All life form data, successfully copied! Member
    At my home in Florida
    Big the Cat in Sonic Generations, High-Res HUD for Sonic Lost World, Metal Sonic Lost World (Version 1.0,) Sonic Generations: Episode Metal (Version 3.0.)
    Welp, got another example of that "re-rig a pre-existing model over Sonic's skeleton" process.
    I was not kidding when I said that I was gonna port Classic Tails over Classic Sonic...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Like with Blaze, most of the parts animate properly, while others could use some better rigging (tail, eyebrows, eyelids, arms/legs, etc.) but work decently enough. It also seems scale DOES matter for some parts when both movement and rotation are used in each animation, such as the arms and hands in this model's case.
    This model import is still amazing on a proof-of-concept standpoint, though. Seriously, with this method, the only limit is how accurate of a rig you can get.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!

It's beautiful. Please tell me we can see a download of this at some point (Tails Generations go!). Also I seriously hope people will use this method in order to make much better mods in the future. Perhaps you could make a how to video for people to do it themselves, then we could see even more wonderful character swap hacks (Seriously, Classic Robotnik over Modern Sonic just has to happen).

9. Machenstein

Machenstein

Is... is that orange classic Tails? Glad to see someone remembers that HE'S NOT YELLOW. :argh:

10. Joe T.E.

Joe T.E.

All life form data, successfully copied! Member
    At my home in Florida
    Big the Cat in Sonic Generations, High-Res HUD for Sonic Lost World, Metal Sonic Lost World (Version 1.0,) Sonic Generations: Episode Metal (Version 3.0.)
    I won't release any of these until long after I release Super Sonic Generations V5. I just did these to prove that the method can work.
    But whenever I DO decide to release this Classic Tails (if at all,) I'll make sure the new rigging (and new animations, if any) all look perfect. And I'd totally find a way to make his tails show up while he's spindashing.

Uhh, you do realize that I was using the textures (and base model) of Classic Tails that were already in the game, right? The only differences between my hack and Classic Tails' NPC appearance is that mine is a little shiner (due to vertex coloring issues) and the rigging/shape of some parts are different. I wasn't the one who remembered that he's orange, Sega were the ones who remembered when they made the game...

11. Machenstein

Machenstein

I must be thinking of the CG promos. Carry on then.

12. Kampfer

Kampfer

That's a good idea, but now I feel like an idiot because I can't find where the file is located. I've seen online on multiple sites the file path should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\[some number]\71340\remote, and a sonic.sav should be in the folder. But I don't have folder 71340 in my steam folder, and when I search my steam folder for sonic.sav, I only find the Unleashed Project save data, and not my normal save I want to replace with the 100% save I downloaded.

13. Dario FF

Dario FF

You can use CPKREDIR's save redirection, if you have it enabled by default. Just disable mods(by checking them off in the list, not the general cpkredir functionality), you should have a cpkredir.sav on the Sonic Generations folder, which you can replace. You can also change the redirected save file in cpkredir.ini

If cpkredir.sav isn't there, do what I said and enter the game at least once(and save it by quitting). It should appear.

14. Paraxade

Paraxade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxDrNS2LQMM

I've been working on this for a couple weeks. Nowhere near done yet, but it's coming along. It's not quite as awesome as what a lot of you guys are doing, but eh :P

15. Out of curiosity how'd you manage to RIP the model and texture of the original stage? Method I use would take me months just to get the actual stage model, nevermind the textures. Interesting concept!

16. Paraxade

Paraxade

IIRC I googled around a bit and found

- This for extracting data from the iso of the 360 version
    - arctool for unpacking the .arc files (just reuploaded it because I can't remember where I got it from and it was pretty hard for me to find)
    - And this to convert the .xno models into something you can import into 3DS Max via maxscript.

17. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I don't really like it. The level layout just doesn't really work for me. Even if you filled in all of those gaps.

18. Kampfer

Kampfer

That worked. Thanks Dario.

19. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    let me get this straight. To import Sonic Generations animations in Max, I have to use the Skyrim Method? I'm going to *attempt* to get Classic Sonic in GDK. And why does Classic Sonic have SO many animations <_<. Especially the stage specific animations.

20. Dario FF

Dario FF

Yes.