don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Ever see Brave? I beg to differ :p you just have to do it right. I like everything about Zoney's model other than the hair's oddness (maybe just a quirk for me) and her face looking kinda odd.

Also Brave's entire scenary kinda inspired me for... something you may see me dish out in the future ;P

2. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works

You don't think I already would have known that. And its called alpha maps for the eyebrows dudes (althought I could model them but it would be more polies). Plus the offset of the model is the defining nose. I didn't make it cute and small like most females. Since if you look at Unleashed they are not cute looking, but you are right I've noticed that about the face. I'm more than likely going to change it. Just don't know how to stick with that Style without deterring from it.

I will look at the Incredibles Work for some guidence on that to fix it up. Thankyou I needed some critique instead of people saying it just looked good. I didn't know what to fix on the face. Now I do.

Anyways reason why I'm doing this is for a Generations Mod another hint will be I'm modeling Elise in the Unleashed Style as well plus modeling Yacker (oh boy so hard). Plus the levels will be original not rips either. Although I do see Secret Ring ports could happen in the future though.

Side Note : I thought I did good with the body work of the model at least.

3. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    The body work looks amazing I honestly didn't knew if you got it from somewhere or modeled it by yourself.
    Also... Could this be what I'm think it is? Sonic Generations 2.0? With new zones that were forgotten from other games. It so... Man, you have my axe in whatever you need. Just feel like it's impossible to choose the best zone from Secret Rings... I'm stuck with Sand Oasis, Pirate Storm, Levitated Ruin and Night Palace. Shit, even Skeleton Dome, Dinosaur Jungle (I can see some cool shit like those whale things in SA and Holoska from SU)... Sorry... I really like Secret Rings (h8rs gonna h8).

Anyways, good luck on Shahra :3

4. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    Body work is all my own, hell I even made a body base with belly button and everything to model the clothes around it. ( I love the conform to mesh tool)

Yeah I want to do games that weren't represented, and I want to make Aquarium Park from Colors since that level would just be awesome with 3d underwater parts. Yeah I still haven't decided on a Secret Rings level, I'm iffy about doing Sand Oasis or Night Palace. Someone suggested that I should do Night Palace and have it teleport you to most of the levels from Secret Rings, since Night Palace did do that type of teleporting. Would be a neat concept but a lot of work to put into it. I loved Secret Rings so I'm there with you. Plus I think I'll do Black Knight as well, even then most of those areas from those two games I like a lot.

I'm still in planning phases, just working on these models first then I"ll move onto that, since you need to have some type of Hub Character. This'll be a project I'll really get into once Unleashed Project is over. So many things I'm working on its nuts.

5. Other than the Storybook series and Aquarium Park, what other games do you have in mind to represent? I mean, you've got 6 more level slots if you're planning a full set. (Yeah, I know it's a tall order and wouldn't be disappointed if you chose to only stick with the three you already mentioned.) There's Shadow the Hedgehog and the Riders series, but I can't really think of anything else that stands out, unless you're planning on Advance, Rush, and the Game Gear games.

By the way, I'd think Night Palace would be best out of Secret Rings. I really liked the crystal-looking effect on the teleport areas. I've never played Black Knight, so I don't have any idea on what to do. I know Heroes was already done in Generations, but I'd love to see a level like Egg Fleet, where you go from ship to ship. (Starlight Carnival would be awesome if re-imagined like that!)

6. Crasher

Crasher

Why hello there! Member
    I would love to see a Riders representation. There's that pyramid level, I think it's called Sand Ruins or something like that. Splash Canyon and it's counterpart would be cool as well :D

Riders levels would be pretty cool to see, especially if they were actual levels....

7. Paraxade

Paraxade

+1 for Night Palace, I'd love so much to see that level in Generations. It's definitely the best/most memorable SatSR level in my opinion.

That Shahra model looks fantastic also. Can't wait to see what comes out of this. :P

8. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Secret Rings had pretty cool levels, I just wish I could play it with Black Knight's controls, silly as that might sound. I love visiting this thread, there's always cool stuff here.

9. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB0DXYIh3aY

Hope this guy can actually finish the last few remaining things (alpha maps, GIA)

10. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    That same guy also gave us a godsend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wfh655evZM&feature=channel&list=UL

No more Loading Screen Omochao

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Most simple yet useful mod in all of existence. (EDIT: New page)

12. Joe T.E.

Joe T.E.

All life form data, successfully copied! Member
    At my home in Florida
    Big the Cat in Sonic Generations, High-Res HUD for Sonic Lost World, Metal Sonic Lost World (Version 1.0,) Sonic Generations: Episode Metal (Version 3.0.)
    For the past few hours, I've been working on something I haven't seen anyone else try yet. (spoiler'd due to large images and possible mind-blowing.)
    The idea is to see how well any of the other characters from Sonic Generations can work by being re-rigged onto Sonic's skeleton (plus renaming their materials.)
    For this test, I used Blaze.
    [​IMG]
    Only the eyebrows, mouth, tail, and skirt need to be improved, but they're rigged decently as-is. I also gotta tweak the vertex coloring too. Otherwise, all of Sonic's animations (including cutscene animations, boss intro animations, etc.) look perfect, which doesn't happen with most model swaps. However, this does make the model quite incompatible with non-Sonic animations...

[​IMG]
    Oh, and I made the Super form (or in this case, Burning form) too (complete with separate textures.)

13. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Offtopic, but I've always appreciated that Blaze's super form isn't called Super Blaze. If I had my way, every character's super form name would be related to their own names somehow. Breaking Knuckles, Shining Silver. Something more distinguishing.

14. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.

Cool, so your making character mods too? or just improving the ones out there?

Wow, this mod must be spread around, I really hate that omochao in the loading screen and should've been an optional removal.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So if someone were to do the same method for, say, Metal Sonic or Knuckles or even classic Sonic over Modern Sonic, it wouldn't look like total shit like they normally do by default (Like how with normal model swaps Knuckles's right foot is stiff or how many character's eyes are always shut)? Or does size still play a role in how these things look (Because I'd love to see classic Tails over classic Sonic).

16. Joe T.E.

Joe T.E.

All life form data, successfully copied! Member
    At my home in Florida
    Big the Cat in Sonic Generations, High-Res HUD for Sonic Lost World, Metal Sonic Lost World (Version 1.0,) Sonic Generations: Episode Metal (Version 3.0.)
    Neither. Just messing around and testing out some ideas.

Yep, they'll look "good" by default when done correctly. I did absolutely no animation swaps (nor did I do any skeleton swaps) in those screenshots.
    As long as the character's overall shape is similar enough (and sometimes even if it's not completely similar), the size of the model doesn't really matter much as long as the model won't look weird during Sonic's animations (however, Sonic's bones cannot be altered.)

Also, see the part of your quote that I put into bold text?
    Challenge accepted. (expect it to be done at some point tomorrow. It's too late to start it tonight.)

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh my, now this I want to see... Also I want to see classic Robotnik over Modern Sonic for shits and gigs.

18. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Actually, I've come across a couple mods for Shadow and Silver that are actually pretty decent (Hell, Silver's mod even has all his spines intact when moving). So a lot of other character mods that look like shit can be the result of the creator not putting enough effort into it. I'm not sure about the other characters, though.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ^I have seen good looking ones as well. They almost have Shadow down perfect now, and I've seen some good Silver ones (even the Knuckles one I've seen isn't that bad). But I have seen some crap that's for sure (I do hate when they edit the HUD... ugh)

20. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Indeed, here's the mods I use:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmdC-bq4U-g&feature=plcp

^ Shadow mod.
    Pros:
    +Pretty true to the character, right down to the voice clips, the pose animations, and even the fact they switch Shadow and Sonic around during the Dreamcast Era Rival Battle.
    +Custom HUDs are an optional download, and one of them is merely the original Generations HUD given a red coat of paint and the Sonic icon replaced with a Shadow icon

Cons:
    -Hard to chain tricks, since Shadow's trick animation is longer than usual, so don't expect to pull a 10-combo trick off the clock tower in Rooftop Run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d22GUMOUKQ&feature=channel&list=UL

^ Silver mod. Not as extensive as the Shadow mod, but I feel that Sonic's animations fit Silver just as well.
    Pros:
    +Those two spines that disappear when moving in an older Silver mod stay intact.
    +Actual voice clips from Silver, and not just that annoying grunt in older Silver mods.

Cons:
    -Custom HUD is part of the mod, and, I'm sorry, but it's kind of an eyesore. Your best bet if you hate Custom HUDs would probably be to remove the HUD files from the mod, if not the entire bb folder itself.
    -For some reason, Generations crashes when I try to play Classic stages with this mod activated.

EDIT: Fixed the Shadow mod video