don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    And is exactly the problem with the 2010 stuff.

Other than the final battle, were Robotnik is on the ropes, what exactly does Knuckles do to help the Resistance's chances outside of the Resistance HQ?

Chaotix pose a distraction for Infinite when you raid the Spaceport. Silver confronts Infinite, which... I don't know why, actually, Infinite was destroying Phantom Ruby prototypes, why did Silver locate and fight him there?

Anyway, Knuckles, what was his role outside leader in the background?

You give them new contexts that fit their character. I don't think Knuckles should have been Resistance Leader, I think that should have been Silver's role, for instance, and Knuckles is MIA to further twist the knife for Tails after 'an assault on Angel Island' saw the island crash down in the ocean. Reasoning is that, since the Phantom Ruby is having energy issues, Robotnik went after the Master Emerald for it's infinite energy.

Cause and reasoning, which is what a lot of the plots are missing. It's not a fault limited to the 2010s, as evidenced with Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), but it really shouldn't have been the issue it was for so long.

Still, we've gone off topic at this point, this is the Sonic Frontiers thread, not the "Issues with Sonic the Hedgehog Plots and How to Fix Them" thread.

I might make that topic and do some examples, but let's go back to the new game.

2. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    Or when he runs directly towards a clearly dead-end way when Sonic dies and everyone (he included) decides to search for the Chaos Emeralds.
    upload_2022-11-2_14-40-40.png

3. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    I mean, to be fair, everywhere is a dead-end in that place. Behind them is much of the same as what Knuckles ran toward:

[​IMG]

Would not surprise me if his Emerald Sense is being weird, or has locked onto the Master Emerald instead and he made for that.

4. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    What is that song at the end of the video, at 9:20? It doesn't sound like anything we've heard before, and it doesn't sound like the singer of One OK Rock. New vocal track?

5. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    I have no clue! Quick! Someone ask him on Twitter!

Probably the obligatory ballad after the ending theme (because there's not enough song to fill the whole credits).

6. jubbalub

jubbalub

Do you remember the guy who streamed Mania before release, and got 12 game overs in Oil Ocean?

He's returned. This is nothing important, I just thought it was funny that this has happened for two major Sonic games now.

upload_2022-11-2_14-23-4.png =

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    What are the odds that I could walk in a store and just buy the game right now

8. jubbalub

jubbalub

It's worth a shot. A member of REMS saw the game the other day. I've been calling my local Best Buy the past few days to see if they have it in stock, but no luck.

9. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    If it's a locally run store, you may have a shot. If it's from a chain retailer, very unlikely.

10. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    I should remember this in the future and not buy the digital release of these kind of games :doge:

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya I’ve had Target put a game out early on the shelf but their system won’t allow you to purchase it until the release date, super annoying.

12. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    just reuse the scrapped ones from Adventure :thumbsup: if anything having him with a combo system would make the game even more like an Adventure title...

13. Patrolman

Patrolman

12 games overs in what?

14. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    And I don't think you need a whole set, just have him glide instead of dropdashing. It's a reskin with a new ability, which, if planned beforehand as I suggested it seems possible, wouldn't be that much, just make his model do the same Sonic's model does with maybe some dreadlock movement isntead of quill movement. Not a single day task, but not that much for a whole new character that fits the fighting role and is pretty known and loved by the fans.

I guess it was with the apparently hard octopus boss so many people complained about.

15. jubbalub

jubbalub

As people are speculating what that song at the end could be, NateWantsToBattle posts this on his instagram story.

upload_2022-11-2_16-2-33.png

Gotta wonder.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  16. I really appreciate the effort Tomoya Ohtani went on this soundtrack. I think it will be pretty good.

17. jubbalub

jubbalub

• Informative Informative x 7
    • List
  18. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    That’s nice to see. I do like that Forces and now Frontiers go the extra mile in terms technical wizardry to give Switch players the best experience possible.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    I'm following a handful of people who have the game already and their impressions are basically "this game is pretty good with some clear flaws." The most exciting part is that they're not tired by the third island.

20. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I just want those clean ost rips man, nothing else matters to me before the 8th