don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Friendly reminder that there is a spoiler thread. Let's not tempt people with links in this thread :)

2. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    Sonic Blast

3. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
  4. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    The music in Sonic Blast is fine. It's not the greatest in the world, but it's in no way terrible. I like Yellow Desert, Red Volcano and Silver Castle. The final boss music especially is pretty good.

5. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Again, I note who this game is specifically targeted at. An Adventure-era fan liking the game isn't exactly news at this point =P

6. Non-Sonic fans have been liking the game too.

Can we please stop with the era bullshit please? Its the secondary to the video game itself.

7. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    I watched the Knuckles Prologue animation. I thought it was great. I liked Knuckles' characterization and his voice. It feels like a mix of SA1/2 and his recent voice direction. Is this the first time since S3&K or SA1 that we see Angel Island, or at least the shrine area, in the water while the Master Emerald is still there? I like the idea that Angel Island is supposed to be a regular island and Sky Sanctuary is the floating part.

Also the idea that the chao are native to Sky Sanctuary fits really well. A Sky sanctuary Chao Garden would be awesome.

8. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    I think both Evan and Lourdes were initially critical of Frontiers for a lot of reasons. They had a lot of concerns over stuff I also agreed with at the time like the apparent lack of momentum physics, lackluster gameplay loop, dull combat etc.

so to hear that they both really enjoyed the game is super reassuring! I'll trust their opinion on this stuff.

9. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    Welp... the next 4 days are gonna be HARD lol. I've already seen a pretty nasty spoiler in a YouTube thumbnail preview, but I'm doing that thing where you pretend you didn't see anything. That new island (I'm guessing?) they showed in today's trailer looked pretty damn cool, I was actually hoping for an island with that theme tbh. Please, can this week just end...

10. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    That new island they showed is definitely Kronos Island. There's a big pyramid structure with a sharp top in the background, the same one you can see in the announcement trailer from last December.

Makes you wonder how exactly you get there at all..

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  11. Kyro

Kyro

Funny internet man has uploaded his own impressions for the Hawaii trip to play the game

EDIT: Supposedly contains spoilers, watch at your own risk. - Mod

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2022
  12. Battons

Battons

Shining Force Fan Member
    What is this feeling I have, a funny feeling I haven’t felt in generations, could it be called genuine hype? God I can’t wait till Tuesday. I’m hoping my GameStop does a 9pm release on Monday just to squeeze a few extra hours in.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  13. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    God, I was thinking the other day how I've been waiting for Frontiers for so long that the excitement is beginning to wear off, but nope, this trailer put that tightness right back in my chest.

I will say though, one thing that has been on my mind with all CG segments we’ve seen is that they don’t really look all that improved from what we saw in the Forces trailers. I’m not really sure where exactly this comes from, but the CG for this and Forces looks and feels more plastic-y and the lighting feels less lifelike than the CG animations produced for Sonic at the end of the 2010s (Unleashed being a standout in this regard of course). At the end of the day it’s extraneous to the game itself, but I do think it hampers the trailers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  14. Hamzawesome

Hamzawesome

Who do you want the game to be targeted at?

15. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I'm just pointing it out, I'm not saying anything more.

That said, @Sonic5993 is right, we should probably move off this.

16. MootPoint

MootPoint

Clockwork Aquario's Strongest Soldier Member
    Just a heads up, don't watch this video at all if you don't want legitimate spoilers that aren't the cyberspace levels. I'm not sure Jacob got the memo, but he was just showing off actual story content and even the big Super Sonic boss fight, lol.

The only thing of note I'll bring up is that there was a section where Sonic was using the drift! ... but it's Colors-Styled drift, so it's only on specific sections.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  17. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    Are you referring to the one with the bonzai trees? I thought that one could maybe be Ares if anything, but it looks sort of different.

18. RDNexus

RDNexus

The vids posted here yesterday of edited OST track rips got removed.
    SEGA sure is going hard on keeping people from spoilers ^^"

19. Vertette

Vertette

I got in my copy and I'll give a short spoiler-free impression:

It's pretty fncking good.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  20. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Be careful online, some people on Twitter are leaving comments 'not saying' things about the game.

Fairly certain I've been spoiled on something endgame, but I'm not verifying it in case they're just talking out their bum.