don't click here

Sonic Forces: Speed Battle

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by JcFerggy, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    That would be true if you actually beat them. I had managed to get to 5935 today. After trying to push my score a bit further in the hopes of getting the last chest, I have now fallen to 5760 through bad luck and shitty game balance. The amount of effort you have to put in to get anywhere in the rankings is nothing compared to how easily you can lose it through no fault of your own and it’s soul crushing.

2. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    I mean. I do beat them. Usually I use Omega for 1st place or Knuckles for consistency. Sonic is great on movie levels. It's just a damn shame you can't get the level first and then character, it would help a lot for how I play.

Or if I could actually get ANY cards for my main. She's now my lowest level non-super rare character by a long shot.

Edit: finally, Tangle is level 6. Cream is level 8 already and I barely touch her but y'know, progress.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  3. Only for viewing

Only for viewing

aka Superstarxalien Member
  4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  5. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Because he's the only evil brute we got.

Also, his IDW portrayal at least gives him SOME character. Not much, but it's something.

6. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    Game’s been updated again, here are the balance changes:

upload_2021-2-10_12-31-18.png

Bit of a slap in the face that they buffed Zazz, the most oppressive character in the game who absolutely didn’t need it, before nerfing Blaze, despite the fact she had nothing going for her to warrant it.

Edit:

New characters have been datamined. Lancelot isn’t exactly out of the blue after we got Excalibur Sonic but Eggman is very much a surprise. Wonder whether he’ll be in a mech of some kind or just on foot.

https://twitter.com/existingdebeing/status/1359483929804292101?s=21

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

They didn't change Zazz at all, right? Zavok got some welcome buffs though. And they nerfed Tikal's captive light attack, which is also a very welcome change.

8. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    Oh yeah I mean they buffed Zazz a few updates back, increasing his speed or acceleration despite the fact he’s been the most oppressive character for a good long while. They’re clearly catering to whales tbh, given they gave Winter Amy a reskin of his star mine item.

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I haven't spent a penny on this game so in one sense I've got no grounds on which to complain. But I'm never going to pay when the game is the way it is. I'm not paying for a game that's unbalanced and getting updates all the time that change the material I'm paying for.

10. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
  11. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Still low on the currencies from the last characters. Such is the model.

12. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    Yeah, I wish they gave you rings from battle chests full time - given the sheer amount of rings you need for later upgrades you wouldn’t be able to get things done too quickly without dedicated grinding. I play a lot less when I’m not getting rings from battle chests because you just barely get anything.

As it is, I try to keep close to enough rings in reserve for the next Tangle level up, but the fact that I still get common character cards after maxing them all out makes her cards less plentiful than I’d like.

13. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    I realise this topic is pretty dead but I sat down and made a tier list for anyone interested. For disclosure, I don't have every character so there are certain placements which are based on anecdotal evidence. Entirely happy to accommodate questions and debate on this.

[​IMG]

14. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    Apologies for the triple post but I feel like this doesn't really fit as an edit towards my frivolous tier list.

https://twitter.com/SEGAHARDlight/status/1363169712008556550?s=20

Eggman has a trailer, and I think it gives us more to discuss than you'd think at first blush. First of all is the Eggman 30th anniversary logo. I imagine it's probably nothing too significant but it does lead me to wonder if there'll be more focus on this being Eggman's anniversary too. Also interesting is how a bunch of Eggman depictions are presented, from classic to modern. Again, probably just visual flair, but between this and the G.U.N. materials on Elite Agent Rouge's promotional materials a while back, it begs the question whether certain inconsistencies and retcons that have drawn ire from the fans have been reneged on, or whether SEGA simply doesn't hold HardLight to a rigorous adherence to their current vision of the setting.

Anyway, with regards to the gameplay itself, Eggman looks to be the most unique character we've yet had in this game. Right away we can see that he races in his Egg Mobile, so clearly the game is ruined as we don't get to re-enact the age old memes of Eggman being faster than Sonic and this seems to come with its own unique properties. Eggman doesn't duck at all in the trailer, instead opting to jump over a bridge that lies in his path. This on its own wouldn't be too telling, but at a later point in the trailer, he also crosses a gap seemingly without any input. Perhaps a core mechanic to Eggman is that he can't duck, but also can't fall down gaps? Anyway, Balkyrie seems to be a pretty powerful missile that tracks multiple characters. Seems they're really leaning into Eggman's status as a boss and basing his gameplay around that, bending the rules of the game to suit him and having some very potent weaponry.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the in-game news update confirms he’s a super rare, along with listing all this items, each of which is brand new to the game.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!

This cute little Eggman anniversary video was put up to kind of announce the event is starting soon (like tomorrow).

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. RDNexus

RDNexus

SEGA sure wants to keep 06 Eggman out of the light, huh? :eyebrow:

17. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    Which is funny, because SEGA added Mephiles to Sonic Runners!

I also recall seeing a datamine of a Sonic Runners update, which included Princess Elise graphics, but perhaps I'm misremembering?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  18. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    Speaking of, the latest update seems to have added even more characters, which surprises me given they could’ve been added with Eggman and Lancelot. Given the trend towards Black Knight characters beginning to form, my bets are on Perceval and Galahad, though I would be entirely unsurprised if we got the Werehog. I’d be somewhat surprised if we got Darkspines Sonic but it’s not out of the realm of possibility.

To my knowledge nothing has been datamined on them as of yet.

AND STILL NO ZAZZ NERFS

19. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Gotta go fast is what I think and how I play!

20. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    Eggman event has started. Good luck getting cards for him, this game is as stingy as ever - they really want everybody buying all the vault keys, huh?