don't click here

Sonic Fighters

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by grap3fruitman, Oct 9, 2012.

1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    They just can't get this one wrong, if the Gems Collection version is any indication.

Right, SEGA?

2. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    We're not even being as far as tricked by Sega, they just arnt doing things we're optimisticallt expecting them to do, yeah 2006 got is SonicNext and Sonic genesis, truly terrible games

But whats the worst we can reallycomplain about recently?

"Generations story coulda had abit more polish"
    "Damn, Supersonic doesnt appear to be Sonics allstar move anymore in SASR:T"
    "Oh no, they didnt put quite as much effort into the widescreen of sa2:HD for this 11 year old game"

We only have normal selfish things to moan about now lol rather than real genuine problems.

When Sonic the fighters comes out in HD it'll be the same game it always was, not particually amazing, but still fun for a quick slapfest, Id like to see them finnish of characters found in romdumps like Honey and Rocketsonic, but thats just not gonna happen, so I'm not gonna obsess over it, if I want to play as Honey, I'll just use my emulator XD

3. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I can see this being released in some fighting game collection on XBLA and PSN like those recent collections done by M2. Also, both Virtua Fighter 2 and Fighting Vipers got Sega Ages version for PS2 so I guess it'll be those versions like with NiGHTS.

4. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    I'll buy the shit out of that if it ever becomes a reality. Hell, I'll buy multiple copies if Chaotix uses Taxman's Retro Engine. :v:

5. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    From what I gather, the Sega Ages 2500 conversions are... minimalist. As in, exactly the same as the arcade originals, plus a few extra odd features (I hear you can change the refresh rate in Virtua Fighter 2 from 60Hz to 57.5Hz for super duper accuracy). They didn't remaster any graphics like previous entries in the series, and from what I can see, they might even run at the Model 2 resolution (496x384 filtered up to 640x480).

These games are effectively a generation behind recent Dreamcast/PlayStation 2/GameCube conversions so I can't see them being released separately. It wouldn't be fair on the consumer to charge 800 MS Points for any of these games.

6. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    I'm just going to wait for the endless complaining once this is released and shake my head in slow motion.

They had trouble with SA2 being made bigger resolution; this ought to be a challenge that they will probably botch somehow that will then cause endless kvetching.

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Nice to see this get some well-deserved showing - I'll be sticking to my physical disk copy in Gems Collection, naturally, but if it nets Sega some more cash and doesn't cost a lot to do, I'm all for it.

8. I hope they include an option to disable the comeback mechanic in StF.

9. RedMetallix

RedMetallix

Supreme Thunder Member
    A desk.
    What? Don't be silly.
    I really hope not, with SegaSonic I'd be okay with it since I have no trackball for MAME to play it competently on there.
    Chaotix though, I bought a fucking Genesis with plans to get a 32X just to play this game on real hardware (Well okay, I bought the Genesis to expand my collection, but Chaotix just happened to be there too.), I don't want them to slyly release it on digital platforms until I can do that (Though I'll have to get new cables too so my sound works.)

10. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Regarding Chaotix, didn't Iizuka basically say a port would never happen because nobody would buy it? Considering that SEGA probably has no idea how to emulate 32x games, and that since the game doesn't have Sonic in the title a lot of people would probably miss out on it, I don't see it happening. Plus, really, the game isn't that good anyway.

11. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    True, and while I quite like it I feel some do give it a LITTLE extra credit. I think it's more that it's something a bit different rather than the same-old formula the classics already built, but while still having most of those core factors. It also seems to be what inspired Advance 3, which I personally loved.

12. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    As long as the cost of porting is less than projected return, it doesn't matter, Sega can't afford to not try anything that could at least make a little cash. The original Chaotix didn't sell because the 32x was balls expensive. XBLA and PSN both have enormous user bases, and anything listed under "Sonic" will sell. Plus, Knuckles has a lot more of a fanbase than we give him credit for... even if a lot of those fans just know him as "Red Sonic." But put that on there for $10 or $15, and it'll sell plenty.

As for Sonic the Fighters, the last store I found that had Gems in stock was over 2 years ago. Making StF more available is completely fine in my book, and I really think it's going to take off better than we may expect.

13. This is assuming that Iizuka is a source of rational intelligence.

14. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    The game is coming next January 2nd, along with Fighting vipers and Virtua fighter 2

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So wait, did SEGA say something? Source?

As for Chaotix, just get Taxman to do it, he could literally get E.T. for Atari to sell if it was remade in his engine! :v:

Allot of people undermine Chaotix, sure its unique and not Sonic in terms of gameplay but with the right buzzwords and a proper control setup it could work.

16. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
  17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    If Chaotix were to be remade I would hope that Sonic and Tails would be reinserted into the game as an extra, ala Tails in Sonic CD.

18. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    That would only happen if it was greenlit as a Retro Engine project with Taxman's involvement. Sega themselves won't otherwise do any sort of major enhancements.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh yes I realize that. Simply a dream (prob won't even be rereleased anyway)

20. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    This is too cool, I like StF, it's a fun and simple game. Releasing FV and VF2 however will get some good sales, epspecially if they put online play on these games. Don't get me wrong but not a lot of people know about StF (or FV for that matter), but VF2 as I'm aware of was a HUGE hit internationally, people would LOVE to play that game Online, though if they do put it in I can only hope for Online for StF and FV.

As for Chaotix, I'd say Taxman porting the game is our only hope of seeing a re-release unless Sega makes a new Mega/Gems Collection with Chaotix in it.

I do wonder though, with VF5FS out now, maybe it's time for AM-2 to make a new fighter, not VF6 yet but how about a FV3 or a new StF! It's a shot out of the dark but you can't say it wouldn't be awesome! Then again if Sega ever releases a Sonic Fighting Game it would probably be a game similar to Smash Bros, no complaining from me either way though.