don't click here

Sonic Fighters

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by grap3fruitman, Oct 9, 2012.

1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Patience, gentlemen. SoA is closed for the day. Maybe they'll have something ready tomorrow (if only a blog post), but I would say wait until next week for more substantial updates.

2. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    So people online, the ones saying "I'd be sold if Metal Sonic and Honey were in it, with online play" are now complaining no Rocket Metal? Rocket Metal doesn't even have a good moveset.

Also, I'd be more pissed off Daichi Katagiri and Yu Suzuki aren't playable in Fighting Vipers :v:

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Hah, lol. it wasn't a complaint but I figured there adding in Honey and the others already, why the hell not! more cut characters they add is more money they get thrown.

4. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    According to the game's memory, Rocket Metal's ingame name was "DUM6". Never intended for play, but a default moveset and for whatever reason a title card was assigned to him.

I believe this is due to a rare glitch in the game where if Player1 were to start the game while Rocket Metal was displayed on the intro, the intro uses Player1's character value to determine what two characters are on screen. Rocket Metal, value 0x0E is assigned to Player 1. If for whatever reason the game did not load the default value of Sonic 0x00 in it's place, Rocket Metal would still be loaded in the value's memory, thus preventing the game from crashing.

However, I believe that was given for early testing in the game as a catch exception rather than to be used in actual arcades.

5. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    DEAR GOD YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy to see this, not only are some of the best Model 2 games are coming out online, but Sonic the Fighters are getting the characters I've always wanted to play as! Personally I can do without Rocket Metal, but who knows. I'm also glad they are putting on Fighting Vipers, a game I've never played but I've always wanted to, and I always liked Virtural On in the arcades.

I never had a Sega Saturn (though I will get one in the future), this collection for me is like a holiday.

6. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    This is some good news to come home to. I would have gotten the collection anyways, but online and Honey/Metal will likely make this the definitive version of the game (content-wise, I'm sure nothing beats playing it on the original hardware), and I definitely want to try the other titles. Hype.

7. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I think I died.

8. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    The only thing I can think of that they could add which would surprise me is the restoration of the multiplayer stage on the Death Egg II, as seen at the bottom of this scan. As far as I know, you never fought multiplayer on that stage? Can someone correct me if I'm wrong? It's never happened for me before.

9. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    It happened with annoying frequency to me in the Gems Collection version. Thankfully, there's a stage select tucked away in the character select, I believe.

10. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    Just played 30 straight vs matches in arcade mode. All levels except that one.......

11. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    I have nothing better to do so let me haul my Wii out and I'll take a look. I'll report back shortly.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]

That was on my first try.

12. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Honeys back?!

I think we can mark her as the first Pasted character in the Sonic Series. (Cut & Paste) Maybe this time we can actually get a rip of her model.

Sunset Town, HERE WE COME!

13. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I did not see that coming. I suppose this makes Honey an official character now.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    and just like that, Honey is now as official as Bark and Bean. Did not see that coming.

Metal Sonic will rape online though. God tier right there.

15. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    There's a minor nitpick here that's kind of funny. It's just a few of their Retro Sonic ports where they have recoded the games or completely been built from the ground up recently. Anything 1998 to now has been especially lazily ported over, however.

Honey, Metal Sonic, and Robotnik? Way past cool.

16. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Please do - Pengo is one of the more interesting hidden things in Sonic the Fighters

17. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if they changed Dr. Robotnic to Dr. Eggman, for consistencies sake.

18. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Sonic the Fighters with new playable characters might be the best Sonic-related news for me since Sonic Generations, thank you SEGA.

19. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Judging from the gameplay footage of him, they have.

[​IMG]

20. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    Didn't see this one coming, but I'm glad it did. Thanks, Sega.