don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

And the game being incredibly childish, so naturally unsuited to much of the market for those systems.

2. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    ..and that they're probably focusing their work on the anniversary title right now.

Colors would need quite a bit of retooling on the 360/PS3 consoles anyways; since it'd have more open controls. Then again, I'm sure that'd be as easy as copypasting everything from the HD Unleashed games. Either way the game still would need lots of heavy editing since the graphics need to be twice as good to be great for the nextgen consoles.

3. Runner

Runner

Long time no see, old friend. Member
    I played the game fully in both the Wii and DS, but I really would like to buy the game again in PS3. Maybe the game "wouldn't worth" releasing into a physical disc, perhaps they can release in DLC?

4. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
  5. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    This is actually very interesting. Maybe it was supposed to be the White Wisp power announcement whenever you boosted, since boosting could be considered charging. Or it could have been used for Frenzy early on, considering it "charges" ahead to destroy things.

Or maybe they were planning on adding another wisp, as suggested. We may never know, but it is certainly very interesting.

6. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Just to note, the announcer shouts CHARGED! - the D makes all the difference. It's unlikely to be the name of a Wisp power.

7. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    My bad, I somehow didn't hear it as "Charged", but rather "Charge".

In that case, they might have wanted to use it for when the Final Color Blaster is ready (before you actually use it), but decided not to use it at all.

8. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    And because no-one doesn't own a Wii.

9. phoenixwright7

phoenixwright7

Cry, and my whip will accommodate! Member
    So... Had a friend over for a couple of days who doesn't generally like sonic games (He did like the adventures, I think... ) and we played colors off and on while he was here...

Not only did he like Colors, but he more or less beat the game (He got stuck on Terminal Velocity act 1 and beat the final boss and terminal velocity act 2 on my file ). Now, that may not sound like much, but he rarely ever beats a game. Just to give you an idea, outside of the Ace Attorney games and Pokémon, he's only beaten (That I know of ), Super Smash Bros Melee, Brawl, The World Ends With You, a couple of Yugioh games, StarFox 64, New Super Mario Bros. and New Super Mario Bros Wii. I think that's it, and he's been gaming since the late 16 bit era, so... Wait, He just beat a game the other day too (Can't remember the name of it, some kind of puzzle platformer on the DS ) Anyways, it says a lot about a game if he beats it since he's so bad about beating games in general. The fact that it was a Sonic game that he beat surprised us both XD

10. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Sonic games aren't exactly notorious for their difficulty.

11. Maxd

Maxd

Alabama
    Mixin'
    Fixed.

12. Runner

Runner

Didn't you played Eggmanland at Sonic Unleashed (PS360), did you?

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Besides the Game Gear titles and Labyrinth Zone, I don't remember the Sonic series being particularly challenging, at least while looking back. It took me a long time to beat Sonic 2, but that's in part thanks to the final boss's extremely small hit box

14. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Hell, Eggmanland? I'm having trouble in Adabat.

15. Runner

Runner

The actual Sonic games can be childish, but certainly are not easy for children. To be honest, aren't either easy for the oldies.

16. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    No...Sonic games aren't easy in general.

Also I beat Eggmanland on my first try in like...under 30 minutes. The hotdog missions were thus a joke to me.

17. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    It's not the time limit that's problematic in Eggmanland, but the doing it without dying once.

Which you would know, if you'd ACTUALLY done the hotdog missions.

:ssh:

18. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    First time I did Eggmanland it took me an hour and 20...so much deaths in the bloody lava pits...yet I still got an S. So shrug XD

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Took me 45 minutes the first time I played it, although I've shaved that time down to like 13 or so

20. Runner

Runner

Yes, he did 1000/1000G in Sonic Unleashed.
    (You'll need a Live ID to see)

Damn, I hate you JaxTH. :colbert: