don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Especially considering it should've been in the game to start with, I'm all for this. Super Sonic for bosses would be good too, although I'm not sure how the final boss would work.

EDIT:

And this. BBHood and I have already worked out a control scheme that would allow this.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Just make activating Super Sonic by Y on the GC controller. Shouldn't that work?

Also make the quick step activated by L and R on the GC controller

3. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    And for those of us who don't have a GC controller?

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ... I wouldn't know haha sorry

5. Quick step should totally be motion-controlled by the nunchuk for the remote & nunchuk setup.

The only type of control for this game that doesn't have plenty of buttons to spare seems to be the Wii remote alone.

6. Kyuu

Kyuu

Memory Access Violation Member
    As I just found out Spike can be used on invisible walls.

Not fun dying from that while trying to get more red rings. :(

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Whoever designed the homing attack in this game needs to be shot.

8. If you're talking Classic Controller, the Z buttons would be perfect for quick step since they do nothing. This would be especially good for the Classic Controller Pro, which I still think is a flaw to have the Zs in the back, but whatever.

Otherwise, what HarrisonJ said would be cool, but I don't know if this would be possible since it would require analog input to be mapped to buttons. It may work though.

9. corneliab

corneliab

The homing attack works better in this game than any other Sonic game before it.

10. MrCoconuts

MrCoconuts

Mercilessly tortured by Robotnik Member
    Mobius
    waiting for approval
    Sorry, but I wouldn't be so sure about that.. Many homing attack scenarios in Colors result in things such as hitting the wrong enemy and falling into a god damned pit or something like that. It's really just the same as Unleashed's homing attack...

11. glem3

glem3

I don't know if it's just me, but the homing attack feels incredibly... laggy. It's like you need to wait for sonic to finish his little animation in the air to move onto the next target, and it never responds and I end up getting hurt. Unleashed had a similar issue but it didn't feel as bad.

12. It's more fun to not use it. I'd rather boost into enemies or bounce on 15 of them in a row in one jump.

13. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    It was even worse in Sonic '06. And all the 3D games have had variations of that homing attack ever since.

14. corneliab

corneliab

That excuse doesn't fly anymore since the homing attack no longer shares a spot with the airboost/air dash. You can just hammer the button if you can't get used to the timing (which you should be able to get anyway- it's so flippin' easy).

15. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Arrgh Im getting tired of that Aquarium Park level, where the middle red ring is hidden somewhere. I don't remember was it 3rd or 6th act, but there is that place, where you use green wisp to hover and go along the rings and then You have to hover the next places. BUT under there is that red ring on the roof and there are platforms. BUT I HAVE NO idea how the fuck to get there. I have gone through like whole level and I cannot find way to get there. Someone help me how to get it.

16. Felik

Felik

17. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Cheers mate. I found the location of the 3rd ring, damn I never thought to go up there as I thought there is a ceiling. What a bitch place to put it lol. At least I have now 3 rings to go :).

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

You have to wait a long time between each hit, the range is annoyingly long yet you can't lock-on to anything that's off screen and it allows for too much upwards movement. It's like a more refined version of the Unleashed Wii one but it's still terrible.

19. glem3

glem3

You don't seem to understand, I mean that if I'm close enough to the ground, even if I MASH the button, sonic won't lock on because his animation is still happening until he reaches the ground. Try using the homing attack in an area like aquatic park act 3 or whatever one it was with the room where you need to defeat the enemies. If enemies are really close to each other instead of going for the next target sonic will just fall onto the next one, even if I rapidly tap the button. That's why I said "I don't know if it's just me".

20. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    No, you're right. The homing attack is wonky in that aspect. It's not very good at locking on in reverse, even if you try to "point" Sonic in the general direction of the enemy. The homing attack could use some tightening in that area.

One thing I'd be interested in seeing, I don't know about you, but putting a timing on the homing attack that if you hit the button on a specific frame, it cancels the trick animation and allows the homing attack to blitz at about the same clip as the SA1 homing attack. Missing the timing gives a timing similar to Sonic Unleashed and here.

It probably over complicates the attack, but it'd add an interesting dynamic to the attack, IMO.

(EDIT: And no, I don't mean mashing the A button like a maniac. That would lock out getting a faster homing attack for the default length one.)