don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Sounds good to me.

2. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    No, actually Tiranno's pretty spot-on. I noticed the same thing when the hat was announced. That still doesn't say anything about how awesome the game looks or what aspects of Unleashed it improves upon: additional control and freedom in 3D, larger 2D platforming sections, extensive co-op action, collecting red medals that aren't necessary for progression, and extended exploration/action platforming/replayability via discovering the Wisp powerups. Also we get more lovely delicious CG cutscenes.

If it still doesn't float your boat because it's too Unleashed, though, that's cool. I felt the same way about Colors at first, and somewhat still do. I just expect the changes made upon the basic formula to be worthwhile and allay my suspicions about disappointment from the Unleashed factor. I was disappointed by the PS2 version, but I'd be lying if I said I had no fun or didn't like Chip.

3. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    [​IMG]

I mean, I don't even want the damned hat but I have to admit calling people 'puppets' because they want that thing is just silly. Bipolar fanbase or not.

Sounds like someone's mad. You'll get that part one day, bro!

Haven't you been paying attention? How is replacing almost all of your voice actors and scrapping all the other gameplay elements that didn't work not revamping? It's widely accepted that the daytime portions of Unleashed worked quite well. And now they're taking that and improving on the formula. If you don't like that, that's fine, dude. I can understand where you're coming from. But don't sit there and yell "REVAMP" when they're already in the proccess of doing just that.

Me? I'd give this a rent, at the very least. But hey, if you wanna be stuck on the voice actor thing, that's fine too.

4. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Also, knowing the raging quality this game seems to be producing, there'll probably be a JP voice option too, so thats almost a nonfactor

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    *checks first 10 pages of this thread*
    Most people here were okay with this at the beginning.

6. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Same here. At least they kept the part of Unleashed that most of the fanbase liked, which were the 3D/2D segments, and stuck power-ups on this game. It could've been worse, they could've kept the Werehog-style levels. And I really didn't pre-order Sonic Colors for the hat, I did it because I generally pre-order games when I have the money at that point, but aren't sure if I'll have it when it comes out.

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    The hell you talking about? Go back about 5 or so pages before the hat was even said and you'll see people liking the game back then.

But hey, sounds like this place isn't for you. I hear X-CulT is always welcoming scorned former sonic fans.

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  9. Penguin

Penguin

I think the problem here is that SEGA didn't scre up, so Sonic fans, sticklers to the cycle, are forced to get mad about literally nothing.

10. Roybertito

Roybertito

Still alive, apparently. Member
    I think it's the fact that this whole "decent video game" thing is so foreign to Sonic fans now. They're not used to being able to be happy about games.

We as fans think that we're supposed to get angry about things. Generally, that isn't the case.

11. Mainman

Mainman

Dancing to some sort of Apocalyptic Rave Member
    Scotland
    'Sonic the Comic' research & documentation
  12. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Uh-oh... something is not right... and I fear where this discussion is headed.

And by that, I mean that the article has completly relevance with the game, if you know what I mean.

Also:
    If by technically he means that the game was so bad in the technical aspects that it's validity should not even be considered, then yes. ArchangelUK is completly right.

13. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I think he meant that at the end Sonic and Elise mess with the timeline to make it so the events in the game literally never happened. I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or not there, but if so, my bad.

And the way it was laid out in that article, I can honestly say that I can kind of see that being a natural progression of the character. I'm not a fan of the not fond of adventure thing, but the fact that he's not being a "puppy" anymore I feel is somewhat acceptable.

14. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Actually, that article makes Tails's character portrayal in Colors seem kinda good.

15. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    I was joking, yeah.

Indeed. But it seems almost as if I already knew what is going to happen in Colors...

16. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    I think he's talking about us.

As for the article itself, it makes a fair bit of sense, actually. I honestly hadn't thought of it from that angle. Makes me more receptive of the new characterization.

17. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
  18. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    There was never anything wrong with the characterization beyond the execution being bland. At least they didn't up and forget Tails's SA1 character resolution like they did for Amy from the very next game onward.

19. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

It's just I thought part of his endearing aspect was that he WAS a puppy. He was the bubbly hyperactive kid of the team. Being labotomized into an infant that can't lift a finger without Sonic isn't the same as being a 'puppy', nor is it on par with being Sonic's friend (repeat 'friend' not 'security blanket' or 'generic associate'). I just want him to have some plausible child like aspects and flaws to foil his positive traits and help him relate to his 'big brother' more. As said he was perfectly capable of being a smart AND childish little brat in the OVA and he was more complex because of it in comparison to the super sensible and down to earth straight man he is the games and Sonic X.

*gasp for air* I admit I'm digging this far too much into the ground. I kinda regret driveling on about it so much. I don't really know about Colors to suggest they are or not screwing him up though what has been hinted suggests he will at least SOMETHING more than his previous depiction.