don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Awful or not, Lazy Town looks a lot less boring than the shit I had to endure at the babysitter's house when I was still in my single-digit years. :colbert:

EDIT: Oh, and it turns out I was mixing up Happy Tree Friends (which I'd never seen before) with Lazy Town (which I'd actually caught random bits and pieces of during discussion of these very writers).

Also, I'd forgotten these guys worked on ReBoot. Unfortunately, I've also forgotten what I liked about that show in the first place, so I really have no comment on that. >_>

2. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Screw lazy town, kids and adults need more Pocoyo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLvg95o4Cr4

But anyway yeah, I don't think I could handle supersonic in colours, they might aswell just throw sonic 4 in the bin if they did that

3. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    Nintendo Power has released the teaser pics for it's new upcoming issue which has a Sonic Colors article in it, and the two pages shown in the teaser has some new information.

* The Purple Wisp transforms Sonic into a “berserker that chomps through anything in its path”
    * Asteroid Coaster Zone is revealed, with the following description. “Run on a Saturn-like planet's rings, deal with reversed gravity and toxic green goo.”
    * The Wii version contains six Acts per zone, some short and some long and one boss, while the DS version contains 2 lengthy Acts per zone and one boss.
    * Aswell as the previously revealed Sonic Simulator, where you can play co-op with a friend, you can also “challenge every level in sequence via the Egg Shuttle”. Does this mean every stage in the game you can do a competitive race mode?
    * The DS version has a Time Attack mode and also allows you to compete against friends locally or over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

[​IMG]

Also 63 stage minimum confirmed (likely 70 stage minimum though), with seven bosses minimum also (though likely also a seventh stage at this point, and at least one more boss. Might be like Unleashed and the final zone has multiple missions like the Wii version as well as the final boss).

4. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    So I see that since Colors is actually funny they think it's cringeworthy. Wow, really?

5. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

>Implying you've seen a single cutscene.

The small in-level clips of Eggman we can hear are funny but the cutscenes might actually be "POWER OF TEAMWORK YEAAAAAAAAAH!"

6. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Eh true, but I don't remember critics saying Heroes' storywriting was dreadful and look at that. Either these people have warped senses of good and bad (this IS Nintendo Power, after all), or it is even worse than Heroes, so much that even THEY had to admit it.

7. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Asteriod Coaster Zone...nice.

And also, slightly alternate DS story de-confirmed? It says they're the same, unless it's talking over-all.

8. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Somehow I feel more inclined to believe Dreadknux than Nintendo Power on the story front, although that may be because I find it extremely fucking hard to imagine something being more cringeworthy than Heroes.

EDIT: And the complaint was cringe-inducing jokes. We have examples of the jokes this game tells. So I think it's safe to say those of us who enjoyed those jokes will likely find the rest of the writing enjoyable as well.

9. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    We don't know that for certain yet, though, do we now? And at any rate, my point remains, water hasn't been done since Adventure 2. The fact that they're bringing it back now (along with all the other nods to the classics like badniks) makes you wonder what else they've got up their sleeve.

Also I'm a little reluctant to believe that the writers of Madworld made a cringe-inducing joke. Not that it's an issue at all, or anything.

And gravity switching in a level? Hell yes, we gettin' Crazy Gadget up in dis bitch.

10. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

In another addition of Iizuka says, he says Sonic Colors is one of the best Sonic games ever:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/...le.php?id=20044

So saying it's at least on par with Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and maybe one of the best Sonic games ever? I am not inclined to disbelieve him but I just hope he doesn't let it all get to his head. The game legitimately looks good in my opinion though I reserve judgments until I play it.

11. Shadix

Shadix

Oldbie
    Part of what made Sonic Adventure 2 as great as it was was its extra offerings, not the core gameplay. He's going to need to back that statement up with quite a bit to say something that bold haha.

12. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    I don't think Sonic Adventure 2 was that good. I already know Sonic Colours is going to blow it out of the water, but it's a question of by how much.

13. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

To be fair, they have a lot of extra stuff going on.

So far in content we know we have AT LEAST 6 stages with 6 acts and a boss each though only 2 acts necessary I believe. Then we have the sonic Simulator, which besides being 2-player co-op also has 7 new worlds with 3 acts each and the stages are based off of old Genesis and Advance Sonic stages.

Then each stage is playable in 2-player Race Mode. Then likely also a seventh stage which may also have 6 acts and a finale boss and it could have even more secrets beyond that.

And then the stages have multiple paths... Yes, a lot of content even though we don't know unlockables yet.

14. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Ugh, that's why I stopped reading gaming magazines. Its almost as if they're biased towards games below the T rating when it comes to their writing - if an E rated game tries to be funny, what's the one word they turn to? "Cringeworthy". Fuck Nintendo Power, Game Informer, whatever. They only good gaming magazine was EGM and they stopped publishing for LOLHERPADERP WE'Z EVOLVIN' TO THAR INTERWEBS. Pah.

Anyway. Sonic Colors is, hopefully, going to make all the newfags shutthefuckup about Sonic Adventure 2 being the greatest Sonic game ever. I've yet to hear or read a piece of news about Sonic Colors that I've disliked.

15. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    EGM's been back... they started publishing again a few months ago.

16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Pocoyo wins for Steven Fry, but as for your other point.....

[​IMG]

Yeah.

EDIT: Or do you mean including Super Sonic in Sonic Colours? I'm confused, I've been ill all day =P

17. Namo

Namo

Ah, good. Now I can read a video game magazine with sense again.

18. glem3

glem3

Uh... no. You can play through each stage in order by using the eggman shuttle. Nothing about multiplayer mentioned there.

I've never thought this game to be a ripoff of galaxy but that's pushing it. In fact that whole level seems to be pushing it a bit, but it sounds really fun. That picture of aquariam park is also kinda pushing it in terms of taking things from unleashed. I mean, now it has things just like dragon pathways, that thing at the end of the level that chases you, chinese architecture, running on water (not exclusive to chun nan but still), and hell, the crabmeat badniks are now just reskins of the missile launchers from unleashed.

And lastly, if they found the script cringeworthy... it makes me a bit worried. Of course, all the little one liners were funny, but we haven't seen how the cutscense play out. Of course, this doesn't really matter, and it's not a big deal. Still, I was kind of hoping with a new writing staff and whatnot this wouldn't be the case. I shouldn't take everything they say as fact, but it does irk me.

19. Namo

Namo

You've nothing to worry about, most likely. It was just the magazine trying to be cool, and failing at it.

20. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Yeah, because Mario Galaxy was totally the first game to use materialising pathways. Sonic's done it a few times before in the past anyway.