don't click here

Sonic Classic 2

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Do it, sans the boss key thing. Make any Challenge Acts, if you plan on doing anything of the sort, a side thing.

Things are looking great so far, Hez. It's been a while since I've played Sonic Classic...thinking maybe I should grab the latest build sometime soon. I never really finished it because I downloaded one of the first builds and got stuck near the end.

2. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    You jump to destroy them as soon as the yellow/silver band across the middle of the UFO appears. Easy as piss!

3. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    The special stage I designed really isn't hard at all. I think watching footage makes it look worse than it actually is.

4. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Just add shadows. Helps me judge where things are anyway, if that is a complaint. :/

5. Flare

Flare

[​IMG]

Would be interesting approach... definitely the best hub/level select/map I've seen in a Sonic game.

6. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Of what sort? Like the kind in Chaotix? The kind in Sonic Heroes? The kind in Sonic Colors (DS)?

7. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    As far as the special stages go, I liked the Game Gear styled first one from Classic 1. Perhaps take that, and add obstacles, make rings harder to get, and add a ring amount requirement for the Emerald, a la Sonic 2.

8. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    So I'm considering removing the challenges from this game. I felt like there were far too many in the first and well, they were more of a pain in the ass than anything. Instead I'm revamping the save menu hard core. There will be an option you can pick that will show you what things you can potentially find in the stage. For example, in the first level you can obviously find the ring to unlock Hazel Hills. The save menu also lets you replay previous levels and levels you've earned. Any objections?

9. Derf

Derf

*Insert witty member title here* Member
    Yonder, Hither.
    Sonic ExoGenesis
    Not at all, I think it's a good plan. Will you be able to replay stages the minute you beat them or once you beat the game?

10. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    The minute you beat them. Ill probably just use the reverse level as an in game gimmick, so it won't go to waste. Super Sonic Challenge was kind of gay...and I hated collecting all rings and badniks and shit, so yeah, out the door.

11. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    Wait.. That's how to do it? Granted, I've not played CD much but.. Well shit, now I really can't wait for the newest SCD release to try it out.

12. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    So kind of a poll question....since I've ran out of ideas here. What kind of unlockable items would you like to see? I'm even open to modern sonic sprites and homing attack, since they're a choice and unlockable. As of right now you have your normal Sonic Classic 1 unlockables. This time you achieve them by finding them in levels as shown in the previous video.

+ - Knuckles, Tails, Fang, and others are playable, so you can quit bitching about it being a sonic only game :specialed:  

13. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    Unlock the gold shield from 3D Blast? Maybe unlock the double jump from Sonic Colors?

Oh, I can only imagine what would happen if you combined the gold shield with the elemental shields: I suppose the gold shield could have the combined shield inside it, then when you jumped you would first do the homing dash and then the second jump would be the shield dash.

Perhaps you could also make it a combo of the two dashes: gold/fire = homing-forward, gold/water = homing-downward, gold/lightning = homing-upward. Whatever works best. =P

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I still would like to see my Metal Sonic playable.

But double jump, homing attack, elemental shields ala Generations powerups, skateboard, Sonic 1 sprites, Sonic 2 sprites, Sonic 3 sprites, Sonic Classic 1 sprites.

The possibilities are never ending *shot

15. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Same here. All of those sprites of different characters were in-game last time around, I'd love for unlockable skins like Metal Sonic, Nack, your Hez, heck, those Shadow sprites seemed fine too.

Also, I'd love to be able to be able to play as the real Tails and Knuckles after you beat the game. All of these things are completely cosmetic, but I'm fickle that way.

Also, a cleverly hidden super hard, super long 1 Act zone of pain and agony just for the heck of it, with some sort of awesome reward at the end. I'm being vague, but I think it would be so awesome to find a secret entrance in one of the zones to another zone and be met with an insanely difficult and long challenge.

16. DinnerSonic

DinnerSonic

Never Posting Since 2004! Member
    I like the idea of putting in homing attack as the 3D Blast Gold Shield and having a Generations style anytime item(in this case shield) button unlockable, meaning you can take homing attack anywhere and it can be overpowered for 2D gameplay since it's part of an unlockable/item/however you choose, but you have to not get hit lest you lose it for the level/until the next item box.

Actually, given the shield combo system I like the idea of a single unlockable shield in general, as it would encourage you to look around the levels and find out how it reacts to the other ones, sort of giving you several new shield in one go even if they're just variations of existing ones.

17. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    The skateboard from Generations? :D
    Maybe you could bring it out/put it away with a certain button/combination.

18. What about an unlockable item/ability (Like the Gold Shield mentioned earlier), but you can use the item/ability to find more hidden things in the game. Like if you had an unlockable Tails/Knuckles, their unique abilities would allow you to fly/climb to new areas where more unlockables are hidden.

Other than that, I guess what most other people are saying, mainly being able to play as Metal Sonic. Doesn't seem too hard, the sprites from Sonic CD look like they would be the right size/hitbox, and if you didn't want it to be just a reskin, you could give him a glide ability like Knuckles. Although, now that I think about it more, using that glowing charge attack he used in Sonic CD as the Spin Dash sprites would look pretty awesome as well.

You could add a music selector, like in Generations, allowing us to pick what music to play in each level.

I've been wanting to see Hyper Sonic in action again for years, maybe an extra/extended hidden stage. Like how, when you have all the Chaos Emeralds, you go to the true final level, and then if you have all the Super Emeralds, then when it's over, you go to the true TRUE final level or something.

Having a Time Attack option that generates a password containing your best time on the Act, that you can put online for others to enter into their game and have your record on the leaderboard would be a useful alternative to online leaderboards, if online play isn't an option. If it could generate a video (like a TAS, where the "video" is simply pre-recorded button presses), then it could act as affirmation that it wasn't a hacked password, and you could use it as ghost data to race against. (Like a two-player mode, and the pre-recorded button "video" is acting as Player 2)

19. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Quite simply I'd love to see the Classic 1 sprites unlockable.

20. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I could do homing attack, but it would mean all the shield abilities would be disabled. WHICH means that alternate paths (notice how I said ALTERNATE) would not be accessible. Now what I COULD do is make the shield powers usable by granting the B button the ability to activate the powers too. This would only mean that you cannot use shield powers while transformed into tails or knuckles while having the homing attack unlocked and active. Comments on that?

Gold shield I really don't understand. Wasn't it basically a homing attack anyways?

And now to clear some things up. Hyper Sonic skin was available in Classic 1 as an unlockable, as well as Metal Sonic.

EDIT: Now that you mentioned it, he didn't act like Hyper sonic though, it was only a skin.