Sonic Boom TV Show Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by JaxTH, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Great episode. Ending made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Are there any more coming up or are we due for another hiatus? 12 episodes in a month seems like a lot.

2. For now, we're still getting new episodes every Saturday. I hope there will be no more hiatus. There are still 14 episodes to go and if they keep airing regularly from now on, we should be done with all the episodes by November 14th.

3. Donnie Paradox

Donnie Paradox

Some Gai Member
    Breakdancing Eggman. Now I've seen everything.

Also really great episode.

4. Retroman

Retroman

Someone should hack this into Sonic 2 as a boss. Eggman in a break-dancing robot.

5. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Knuckles the Groundhog confirmed new original character.

Also is it me or despite the show having a lot of really funny moments (Amy's stance on halloween, "nope, glowing energy ball" etc), the shows just really cringy?

I enjoy how much fun the cast has with their lines and how they can and should just cut loose, but some of these jokes.. they just don't feel like they need to be there. At all.

also inevitably of modern 3D cartoons, when theres multiple characters on screen the animation becomes ass-tier.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I think the majority of the cringe comes from Sticks, who is still completely unnecessary. Knuckles could have been the one with the conspiracy theories. But honestly I think most of the point of the show is just stupid jokes, which can often cross into cringe territory easily.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The show makes me laugh for more often than it makes me cringe. And like you say, Dark Sonic, it's usually Sticks. Knuckles is actually funny much of the time, but Sticks is just hugely annoying and feels so superfluous. I'd much rather she wasn't a character at all.

8. Donnie Paradox

Donnie Paradox

Some Gai Member
    The only time I've truly laughed at Sticks was her tantrum in Mayor Knuckles. Otherwise she's just...there. Eggman and Knuckles have given me the majority of the laughs and I love how expressive Sonic is.

9. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    I don't think Sticks should have episodes focused on her, but when she's just there to fill the character quota and says a few lines to not be wasted, I think she's funny. It's that non-sequitur "what is going on in your head" appeal.

10. JRokujuushi

JRokujuushi

J64 Member
    Speaking of filling the character quota, am I the only one wondering why they haven't brought back more characters from the game? A few were brought back, like the Mayor and Fastidious Beaver, but others like Cliff and Q-N-C seem to have completely disappeared.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm guessing the two things started off as separate projects and were told by Sega to combine them, or they both had their ideas for what to do with Sonic Boom and then Sega wanted Big Red Button to throw in more TV show elements. Beyond the character designs, the TV show and the game don't really appear to be all that similar, and I'm guessing the Mayor, Fastidious Beaver, and parts of the Unnamed Village were added to the game later on.

12. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Is it me or was the animation TOO fluid? It was unnerving.

Also I'm sure they were just saying Justin Bieber for most of the episode. I did like that song before the rock song though. :v:

13. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    You know, when Amy's a competent character, I forget she's supposed to be 12. Is that still the case in Boom? The episode makes sense with that in mind, and she gets her obsessive personality back, even without the violent part. And I'm disappointed Team Sonic didn't go with Sonic Underground for their band name, which also explains why Sonic knows how to play guitar.

Hey, we were talking about game characters appearing in the show, there's Perci. She's not doing anything, but they've got a model.

14. MartiusR

MartiusR

According to this source (basing on Sonic Wiki) yes, she's the same age:
    https://twitter.com/frostman007/status/529764543983919104

Aaand I'm quite surprised too. Characters in Sonic Boom are rather (for me) some "late teenagers" (I don't know, about 15-17). On the other hand - almost none of these (in any Sonic universe) earlier wasn't even 18, so it seems that "human age" doesn't have too much translation into these humanoid animal - freaks ;)

Excactly the same impression. I had after watching nausea :/

15. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    What is it with you all and trying to make sense of something that doesn't try to make sense? The writers even admitted to being lazy this episode by having Knuckles literally say that their writing is lazy.

For what it's worth, the episode was about every single female character who hears the music becoming obsessive with it.

Also, lol re-using models:
    [​IMG]

16. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

lol, I came in here especially to mention the reusing of models. They didn't even try to hide it.
    [​IMG]

But otherwise, it was a really good episode. Really enjoyed seeing the chemistry between Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. And it actually did have me laughing throughout because of all the leaning on the fourth wall. Good stuff really. And no Eggman either. Was this the first time Perci made an appearance by the way? She was just an extra. Same for Salty. I done recall seeing him before either.

Is this show still doing relatively well in the ratings? I know it was doing well before. Not setting the world on fire or anything, but it was certainly seemed like it was doing more than adequately. Cause I genuinely think it's actually pretty decent for what it is. I don't watch any other cartoons though and haven't done for many years, so I can't really comment on how it compare.

17. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    It's getting a second season if that's any indication.

18. Donnie Paradox

Donnie Paradox

Some Gai Member
    The last ratings we had were during those July daily premieres where it got a new ratings high of around 1,550,000 adult viewers. Judging by what we got I'd say the show got anywhere between 1.3-1.5 million adult viewers. I'd still like to know the ratings for children but I guess they're holding back on that.

Either way the show's still doing a great job in the ratings and it does even better when Cartoon Network actually promotes the damn thing.

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I think that was reported in error actually. It was just referring to the show coming back after hiatus.

20. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I'm doubting that since CN has taken to showing it's shows, then a little break, and then a blowout of said show before Sonic Boom even started airing. Plus the second season thing came from CN themselves.