Sonic Boom TV Show Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by JaxTH, Nov 8, 2014.

1. SystemsReady

SystemsReady

I Have No Idea What I'm Doing At Any Given Moment Member
    The Twin Cities
    trying to not fall asleep while writing Selenium tests
    Can we also bring up the fact that the show and the games seemed to have absolutely nothing to do with one another outside the setting and characters? Where does Lyric fit into any of that? There's time travel, does that factor into the show at all?

They sunk what seemed to be a decent and funny show by tying it to a terrible game that didn't factor at all into it...

2. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Chopped Liver Champion Member
    The first two Boom games were supposed to be prequels to the show. There isn't a ton of carry-over though, aside from the crew arriving on the island from the show and meeting Sticks in RoL, and the gadget Eggman obtains at the end. As far as canon goes, I guess Shattered Crystal comes after RoL since they already know Sticks, and Lyric is just sorta there.

3. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    Don't forget about Fire and Ice, and the episode with the character of said game, Defect.

But yeah, the sub series is dead; the only thing it had was Stick the Paranoid Badger, and she was designed by Sonic Team themselves.

4. Beltway

Beltway

Temptive Bongwater, Sealed in Can Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    college courses / anime trash crusader
    Sonic Boom. Rise from your grave....so I can tell you to get back inside. (Link directs to a Sonic Stadium article with sources.)

Ivo Gersovich (Sonic series Chief Brand Manager in the Americas): "We plan to keep Sonic Boom airing and selling games, but at the moment there are no plans for a new Sonic Boom specific TV series or game."

Bill Freiberger (former executive producer on the Boom animated show): "Well, those of you who have been asking about season three of the Sonic Boom TV series finally have an official answer from Sega -- There will be no season three. Sonic Boom is done."

Writing was on the wall since 2017 at the earliest (S2 finished airing with no word on S3; main series was back in focus with Mania and Forces), but we now have some official closure I guess.

Hopefully with the success of Mania, Sega can refocus their efforts towards concentrating on the two brands of Sonic they already have (Genesis/Classic, and Millennium [Adventure/Modern])...which IMO, is what they should had been doing in the first place. There's very little about Sonic Boom that could had been done without Sega going out of their way to create an entirely new label of Sonic.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  5. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    Good, it's official that the series is over. Can we now get a Sonic Boom Complete Series DVD/Blu-Ray?

6. segamaniac

segamaniac

Oh chili dogs! Member
    NCircle is releasing DVDs of the show on volumes though. The whole first season is on the two volumes of it. Don't forget that it's still on Hulu, yeah they didn't remove it even though they said so.