don't click here

Sonic Boom TV Show Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by JaxTH, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh good I've been kind of liking that show.

2. Hey, that's awesome!

3. At least something good came out of this monotony and will strive further. This is great.

4. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    Considering how I can't think of any cartoon that didn't improve for Season 2 (except maybe Korra, and that was due to external circumstances), another season of Sonic Boom would help the show a lot.

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Okay not to spoil the excitement but how does this confirm a season 2 exactly?

6. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Because they're hiring new people for the production of the show? I mean, it'd be weird if they're doing that and aren't producing new episodes.

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So were sure that the previous Director of TV Series Production and Distributions didn't just leave and they are looking for somebody to fill the void while the series runs its course?

I don't know it doesn't really 100% confirm it for me but its very hopeful.

8. Retroman

Retroman

I'm so glad they finally made the characters not suck like the Sonic Games prior to Sonic Unleashed. It had to be said.

Yes, the cheezy, bland, terrible portrayal of characters always being serious is long gone, and I'm so glad it's improved from before Sonic Unleashed to now.
    Knuckles being kind of an idiot is natural, since in Sonic 3 he trusted Eggman despite not having any common sense.

In the TV Series, Eggman has a Gardening Hobby using evil soil, likes to watch TV, go out to the beach with Orbot and Cubot, and can make the best tomato soup.

How's that for a character? And these ones here are easy to write because their characters are defined in a basic way, and aren't in a series mode. Sonic games work best in a slapstick comedy environment.

Amy: The creative one. Likes Sonic, drawing, and a hammer warrior for close-combat.
    Sticks: The caring paranoid type. She can hit targets accurately from the sky with her boomerang.
    Tails: The smart kid type. Sometimes too smart for his own good, and over-confident. Goofs up, but is there to give the team some technical help. Uses his Tornado and engineering skills.
    Knuckles: Not the smartest tool in the shed, but is loyal and strong. He can lift a huge bolder, and do some damage, but he's not invincible.
    Sonic: The speedster. His speed is the biggest tool for the team.

9. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    https://twitter.com/BillFreiberger/status/591463376775065603

Bill Freiberger is one of the showrunners and the voice of Comedy Chimp.

10. "Try this video game! You run, roll, and collect rings as fast as you can!"
    "Aw, that sounds terrible!"

11. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Another mediocre episode, really. Especially the "16-bit" part, which was just the CG models made pixelated, which just looks incredibly ugly. The jokes that were nothing more than references rather than actual jokes didn't help either.

I'd say that it's okay cause it's a kids show, and if I was a kid I'd normally enjoy the show as well. But then I'm also not sure that most kids will get references to 20 year old games.

12. Felik

Felik

So the virus guys is a virus... or... a guy?
    I feel I'm getting stupid trying to make sense of this cartoon.

13. It's basically a modern AoStH. Don't read too much into this.

14. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    I'd forgive it a lot more if Fight Fighters didn't exist, because that is the de facto example on how to make a video game episode of a show.

15. Cyberguy

Cyberguy

I am the Chancellor of Clown Cars! Member
    Yeah, Gravity Falls spoiled me when it comes to real pixel art in cartoons. Another thing that ground my gears was Orbot calling the Motobug by name, but then they made up random crap for the Buzz Bomber and the Crabmeat.

Still, I liked Orbot and Cubot's "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?" moment. "But what if the princess is in another castle?"

I'd watch a show that was just Eggman, Orbot and Cubot trying to take over the world and failing.

16. Would Evil Con Carne be a good substitute for ya?

17. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

This episode had a nice idea, but felt underplayed for bad jokes and references. The villain could have been a cool addition if he was remotely developed. The ending was funny though.

I tend to find most second seasons have a 'step forward, step back' mentality. Usually it's the point they have a clearer idea of how they want to take the cast and story, but as a result make it more limited and formula driven than the more experimental first season. Satam is a good example of this. A stronger continuity based story, but more limited Flanderized characters and repetitive premises.

Usually Season Three is the make or break point since it's when they try developing on the established formula.

18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I kinda liked this episode.

First half was absolute trash but near the end it got good (when Sonic had to fix the wheel). Everything after that was great, especially the end when Eggman basically dive bombed the library while shouting "CHILI DOG!".

19. Donnie Paradox

Donnie Paradox

Some Gai Member
    Nice episode. That stare Sonic gave Sticks was the highlight for me. I think that was where Sonic reached the point where he felt like enough was enough. lol

20. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    "Oh, you're SONIC THE HEDGEHOG, you DESERVE to go first!"

Wonderfully petty reason to unleash an attack this week.