don't click here

Sonic Boom (Games) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    Nintendo has already brought back the original formats for Mario, Kirby, and Donkey Kong updated with modern graphics and sound for consoles, and those did fantastically. If Sega is so hot on following in Nintendo's footsteps, why haven't they followed suit with Sonic? And you know what, even if they used the modern designs, I would still be happy if they made a quality 2d platformer with at least Sonic Advance quality physics and mechanics, Sonic and at least Tails and Knuckles playable in similar form like Sonic 2 and 3, good creative varied levels with good graphics, and a good soundtrack (and there's little doubt when it comes to their soundtracks anyway). If they gave that game the kind of budget and care they give their other major games and made it a full on console, main series title, they'd have a good, winning game. Why is that so much to hope for?

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    What if you're like me who likes Sonic 06 because of how much it can be broken.

3. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I'm ten minutes into the game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6oVMY4E9KA

4. Some peoples are masochists, it's not for everybody. :v:

I, uh, didn't pick up what happened there. Was it the sound?

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    So since the cartoon and games are suppose to happen around each other do you think Lyric might show up in the show? Or is he dealt with in the 3DS game?

6. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    So Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal has a special unlockable if you get all the badges. It's not Super Sonic... but it sure is something.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJNgZymZX_M

Also:
    [​IMG]

7. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    I really wanted to think we'd moved past such a childish argument, but sure enough, the moment I went to look up the cartoon...

[​IMG]

Seriously...

8. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    Yeah, unfortunately. YouTube is YouTube and it honestly doesn't seem like it's going to get any better. At the end of the day the fanbase is more younger people, especially around those parts. At least over here we can have a conversation without that happening.

9. Wow. This is simply amazing.

10. Xilla

Xilla

I got the "you're not a true Sonic fan" shite on Facebook a few days ago because I said I would just enjoy Boom (the show) for what it is, since I don't take Sonic as seriously as certain other people do!

11. S0LV0

S0LV0

Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    guys

guys

http://youtu.be/D8V0vM_ra6M

it's not a bug, it's a feature

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Well, that's not game breaking at all.

And such is the life when you implement a life system without lives or game overs. Gotta test this stuff out, guys. Even battles that shouldn't be lost by the player, you have to test this out.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh my, to it's credit at least 06 let you, well, beat the game. This is Robotnik's traps taken to the next level.

Lyric's traps perhaps?

14. S0LV0

S0LV0

Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    Lyric's traps? Well as long as they warn you about it in the manual, I guess it's fine.

15. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    I am so glad I wasn't following this game. The incompetance on display here is staggering.

16. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Just watching this game unravel the last 24 hours or so is amusing. This game is an embarrassment. I would say we could be seeing a patch update coming out soon, but how long does it take to clean a mess THIS big?

17. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Wow.

Well, it certainly has the testing standards of a real Sonic game.

18. Machenstein

Machenstein

Compared to Sonic 06, the recent games were relatively glitch-free from Unleashed to Lost World. Bug-testing hasn't been an issue with the "real" Sonic games but instead deliberate design choices.

19. So now everyone starts hating Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric because it has glitches? Well, guess what, fans. Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Generations had those too. Don't believe me? Boom! There you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Lq_lbl5mk#t=110

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ2kIjbqwJQ#t=540

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I don't think anyones denying the glitches of the boost era, I think we're just saying that these glitches just are more fuel for the fire here. This game was garbage enough without the glitches, but with them it's just funny.

Glitches can be fun sometimes