don't click here

Sonic ATS - Released!

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by LakeFeperd, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Chaud

Chaud

Why do you guys keep bumping this topic with awesome music? My god.
    Storm Station Act 3 is awesome, by the way. I cannot tell why I felt that, but I think that this music has some "Streets of Rage" vibes.

My heart can't take it anymore...
    [​IMG]

2. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    Title/URL changed.

https://soundcloud.com/funk-fiction/red-moon

3. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    The wait has been longer than expected, and I've realized it'll be difficult to release these tracks properly once the game is out, so here's another.
    Redhot Ride Zone Special Act.
    https://soundcloud.com/mr-lange/redhot-ride-zone-special-act

4. Patience is a virtue, and good things come to those who wait. I don't mind having to wait, a good product should never be rushed. Take all the time in the world, I am loving this track though and it helps the itching senses of curiosities and desire to play the game calm. Keep up the good work!

5. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    So what's the hold up? Still music to complete? Testing? Lake wanted to add something into the game? Personal stuff? Just curious as to what's going on when 98% complete means a month later. :v:

6. VizardJeffhog

VizardJeffhog

Sonic Stadium Staffer, Gamnesia Writer Member
    Ottawa
    Another reason would be the whole Sonic Lost World dealio going down. From the looks of it, Lake might be waiting 'til it's a bit more quiet so he can release this with enough fanfare to support it.

Seeing that I plan on covering the release of this thing on TSS, that'd be a wise move on his part. We are expecting more info on the new Nintendo title today as well, so we might not see anything about ATS for another few days down the line when nothing is happening.

7. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

Spark the electric jester
    There's only 2 tracks left.
    The thing is, falk is doing those 2 tracks... And because (insert real life thing here) he has no choice but to take things slowly.

Currently I'm only working on chrono adventure and ocasionally fixing glitches the beta testers found in ATS.

8. VizardJeffhog

VizardJeffhog

Sonic Stadium Staffer, Gamnesia Writer Member
    Ottawa
    Oh for Falk's sake. /badumTISH

To those wondering, the tunes that are left are the second acts to Cyan City and Dream Dance.

It's really cool of you to wait on Falk though, dude. You could've released this at the end of April like you said you would whether the OST was done or not, but you then changed your mind, keeping us anticipated for the game and the soundtrack itself. Kudos!

On that note, new track by KgZ! Cutscene - The Chase is On!

9. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

The Land of Waldos
    MORE LAVA POWERHOUSE!!! Because Howard Drossin is my hero.
    https://soundcloud.com/mr-lange/foliage-furnace-zone-special-1

10. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    Been working on a few things while I'm waiting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx154zsj3pM

11. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

The Land of Waldos
    Thank you for reinforcing the theory that Falk is better than every music person at Sega combined.

12. Ha! man the music from Sonic Before the Sequel music work so well in Sonic Generations sweet.

13. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    Sonic Generations? Please. BTS's soundtrack is perfect for SimCity 4. :eng101:

14. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    That's kinda what I did a while back for funzies. Except I was too lazy and just stuck the music to a vid I recorded. That right there fits like a glove.

Might as well upload it. Planet Wisp Act 2 with Foliage Furnace Act 1 and a sneaky transition to Act 2. FF always reminded me hard of Planet Wisp being the same sort of factory forest trope and sharing similar color pallets. I think it came out alright but it wasn't nearly as fitting as I hoped it would be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyy60BrEYTE

I really need to figure out a codec that doesn't look like shit when rendering from Vegas.

15. Blivsey

Blivsey

I'm working on porting as much of the soundtrack as I can. So far, I've imported World's Largest Unicycle, Ode to Shattered Illusions, Unstoppable (great for time eaters!), Flying High, and Over Worlds. I also have the Speed Shoes, Invincibility, clear music, and the title screen in. I'd have more if I wasn't busy.

Speaking of world's largest things:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR0O9Wz5nlE

edit: whoops unprivate'd

16. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Good luck with trying to get things to fit though. Some of the boss music can fit for rival fights I think. Worlds Largest Pogostick can work for Silver's fight being more lava themed and all. Stage specific can get tricky. It's a testament to the efforts of all involved with this soundtrack that their music can stand proudly aside many official works.

Missed opportunity not titling the vid "World's Largest Skewer" though. :v:

17. Blivsey

Blivsey

Cloudy Crowd as Sky Sanctuary aside, I have plans for Green Hill, Speed Highway and Seaside Hill. On the other hand, the speedup music doesn't play unless you're using one of the custom tracks, so...

Also, you nailed Silver right on the head. + - I tried to pretend you wouldn't guess, but it was no use!  

Damn. Got hung up on prefixes, missed the obvious joke.

Speaking of official works, though, maybe I should rerecord this one now that I have a way to play it that isn't laggy emulation. (Edit: No way to turn off music in SA2HD. Whoops.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXFeMjk8ezQ

18. KgZ

KgZ

Herp derp Member
    Sonic After the Sequel
    It's interesting to see how the mood of the game (and telling the story) can change when you replace the music. The Final Rush video has a different vibe as a "last level."

19. I gotta agree that made Final Rush feel like the last level of the game. Using I have to say my favorite song in the entire Sonic Before the Sequel soundtrack.