don't click here

Sonic ATS - Released!

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by LakeFeperd, Jan 5, 2012.

1. VizardJeffhog

VizardJeffhog

Sonic Stadium Staffer, Gamnesia Writer Member
    Ottawa
    Ooooookay... The tracklist post borked. o_e; That's weird.

2. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    I noticed that. Also, "Turquoise Planet"... close lol.

3. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    For shits and giggles I was playing through Planet Wisp in both Colors and Generations with he new Act 1 and Act 2 music of Foliage Furnace. It fits pretty damn well.

4. VizardJeffhog

VizardJeffhog

Ottawa
    Fixed... about as much as I could. ^^;

Odd thing is that all the urls are still there when I hit the edit button... Maybe I put in one link more than the forum allows?

EDIT: Hot n' Cold now moved to Horizon Heights Special Act!

5. Chaud

Chaud

I'm loving all the new songs of the game, great job, guys! :thumbsup:

But to be honest ... I prefer the 'beta' version of Foliage Furnace. Don't get me wrong, the new version is also amazing. But... I don't know if I can express myself well here, but I fell that the original version had a certain "charm in its simplicity". The new version has an infinitely more complex composition, which is great, since it also has a much wider variation of sounds and instruments.

I cannot tell the exact reason, but the first one causes me a greater feeling of nostalgia. It's one of my favorite songs of all time right now (at least speaking of fangames and hacks of Sonic).

6. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    Kudos for the music so far, team! I'm enjoying every bit of it, and I can't wait for the album release.

*cough* Speaking of which, I worked most of the night on a tribute track of sorts that I hope is enjoyed- it's Starlight Carnival in Sonic After the Sequel's Special Stage style! (or my best effort at it... ;~; )

...huh? I'm forgetting something?

OH, the game looks awesome too! Good job, Lake!

7. VizardJeffhog

VizardJeffhog

Ottawa
    WELL, the original Beta of Foliage Furnace Act 1 is being retooled and extended for the zone's Special Act, so if it's anything like Sugar Splash's Special Act (which started off the same way), it should be included... c:

Although, I'm not sure what'll go down with that Lava Powerhouse mix of the Act 2 beta (which is the boopinest remix of Lava Powerhouse and boopinest rendition of Foliage Furnace)... I know the old Act 3 has been scrapped (IT'S SO GORGEOUS THOUGH - right from the start it's just beautiful! ;A; Please add to the OST as a bonus PLEASE), but I had no idea that there are two Special Acts in a zone... For this one, I hope there is, 'cause it is a well pulled track! If not... another bonus track? I dunno, just wanna get all these tunes in my hard drive asap in one shot without leaving a single one out. XD;

Also, Neko, great job on that Starlight Carnival bit!

EDIT: Weirdest thing, I always imagine the two Seuss characters Lange has in his avatar dancing/bopping to the Act 2 Beta. Always, always, always, right with the intro hook. Just... kicking their feet and nodding their heads to the rhythm and everythinIDON'TKNOWWHY.

8. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

The Land of Waldos
    Well then, I bet you guys will happy about this.
    https://soundcloud.com/mr-lange/foliage-furnace-zone-special

9. Oh so very happy about this new track.

10. Thousand Pancake

Thousand Pancake

Being a food you put milk on and then eat in the m Member
    Just one question: When the standalone soundtrack gets released, will you be offering it in better quality than 128kbps MP3? I was slightly disappointed with the sound quality of the first game's soundtrack release; It basically sounded like a bunch of direct rips from the Soundcloud pages.

11. VizardJeffhog

VizardJeffhog

Ottawa
    What I'm hoping to see is a Bandcamp release for the soundtrack (free download unless you decide on where the money goes? I'unno), maybe for BtS'12's OST as well. That way, folks can choose to download AtS's OST in whatever quality they want, right? :o

ALSO LANGE

SCREAMING IN DELIGHT RIGHT NOW

EDIT: Download limit you have got to be kidding me.

12. Falk

Falk

It was VBR -q 4. Unless you're listening on a home theater system I really have no idea what to tell you. There also was FLAC for DIY encode-it-however-the-hell-you-want.

13. Thousand Pancake

Thousand Pancake

Being a food you put milk on and then eat in the m Member
    Oh. Where was this posted? I'd like a refresher.

14. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

The Land of Waldos
    More special stage!
    https://soundcloud.com/mr-lange/special-stage-5-hill-top

15. I love it, heh, the near whole day silence made me anxious for more, and I am pleased, very pleased!

16. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Theres a game that goes with this soundtrack? I wouldn't have guessed. :v:

Anyways, with all these recent additions, whats the % on the soundtrack completion? gotta be somewhere in the 90s now.

17. VizardJeffhog

VizardJeffhog

Ottawa
    Tracklist post is fixed! Silly me forgot to add a slash at one of the url bits.

Along with the 5th Special Stage theme unveiled last night, Funk Fiction presents the 6th!

Titled Night Island, it's a remix of Angel Island from Sonic the Hedgehog 3! And it's is so JUICY! Featuring violinist Andy Studer!

EDIT: It does remind me of Stardust Speedway a little...

18. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

The Land of Waldos
    Hi. Here's another song.
    https://soundcloud.com/mr-lange/cyan-city-zone-special-act

This may be the last track I release publicly until the game is out.

19. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

Spark the electric jester
    Finally, all the special levels are done and there is only 1 special stage left.

I don't know if this is going to happen since we need to do some more beta testing in the final build of the game first and, probably, the soundtrack too but I think the game is probably going come out this week.
    But if it doesn't, don't worry, there's always next week.

@VizardJeffhog
    Breakfast Time is actually now being used for the second phase of HHZ's boss along with a new song for phase one. And they are both done.
    For PPZ's special level we are still using the original Neon Paradise.

20. VizardJeffhog

VizardJeffhog

Ottawa
    You know that feeling when it somehow feels good to have your jimmies rustled?

Dude, I needed to hear this! Excellent job there, Lange! It just makes me curl up into an unbridled ball of glee from merely listening to it!

Hello bossman! Tracklist has been edited to your specifications and I am pleased to hear about both tunes getting in there. <3

And thank you for sharing the release window! Looking forward to the game (or a Mac port that someone'll cook up) when it's out!

I'll be replaying the hell out of that soundtrack on SS:R, just you wait!