don't click here

Sonic Anniversary Symphony going worldwide

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by grantpa, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Got a ticket for the Boston concert, I can't wait!

2. TheCleanerDragon

TheCleanerDragon

Squad Leader Member
    Got my ticket for Kansas City, very excited!

3. Kyro

Kyro

Got my tickets for the Atlanta Show, can't wait!

4. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Got my ticket for Chicago! Was awkward buying it on my phone but I managed.

5. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I got my ticket for Kansas City! I was going to go to the Chicago concert, but Kansas City is a little closer to where I live. Plus it gives me enough time to save up for a hotel room too, plus I never been to Kansas City before. I do wish it was coming to St. Louis though instead, but hey I'm just happy I'm able to go!

6. NoNameAtAll

NoNameAtAll

MY HAT'S ON FIRE. HALP! Moderator
    I got myself a Chicago ticket a couple days ago. Fun stuff.

7. Huh, a few of you all are heading to the KC show and it's just a few hours drive from where I live... I think I might head to that one. It's been almost a decade since I was in Kansas City for Rockfest back in 2014, I'm overdue to head back that way.

8. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Yeah there are apparently several of us going to the KC show. If you guys were interested we could organize a get-together maybe get dinner before the show.

9. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    Got my tickets for Chicago. It's shortly after my birthday, so I'll consider this a gift to myself. I'm also bringing my mom because she LOVES live music, despite her not knowing what a Sonic and/or The Hedgehog is.

10. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    I'm thinking about going to the Atlanta show.

EDIT: Bought tickets.

...It's not black tie, is it?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
  11. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Don't think so. I've been to other concerts at that venue (Symphony of the Goddesses was excellent) and everyone was just wearing whatever.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    Even still, it would feel very weird for me to be in that classy of a venue and not at least be dressed business casual, or somewhere above casual dress. So I'll probably go business casual.

13. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I never really dressed up for my local symphony hall, back in 2018 I went to the Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions in a Pokemon t-shirt and basketball shorts. xD Hardly anyone was dressed up in formal attire.

14. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Still debating on if I should just wear whatever Sonic shirt I bring and jeans or dress up more nice-like. It'd be easier for me to go casual but... I rarely get to dress up super nice...

I'm mainly curious if we'll be allowed to record during the show. The Chicago Auditorium has a no filming rule but maybe they'll allow it for this one? If not, I won't be too worried; means I can carry a smaller purse, haha.

15. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    I've been curious about the dress code since the original concert. I'm a little shocked it hasn't been brought up at any point.

16. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

So as someone who... Used to frequent the 'theatre' allow me to answer a few of the previous questions.

Dress Code:

Regardless as to where you go in the world, this will almost certainly be 'Family Friendly'. E.g. They're not expecting black tie and tails (LOLZ I'M HILARIOUS!), Nor will they expect you to be dressed as you would for the office or job interview. You're seeing the Sonic the Hedgehog concert, they're not expecting you to dress for the Opera in which the Royal Family is attending.

What you normally wear should be fine....*

* There will be some exceptions to that.

1: Anything too revealing, remember, this is a family friendly event, not for you to plug your only fans account.
    2: Anything offensive, I once saw a guy turned away from a theatre because his shirt had a guy giving the finger on it.
    3: You decide to wear a stupidly oversized hat, this is basically, 'does my outfit jeopardise the viewing of another audience member?' These are 'sit down' symphony orchestra concerts, not rock concerts.

Basically, you wanna wear something casual that doesn't have holes in it and you should be fine.

Filming Policy:
    I am 99% sure filming will be 'forbidden' or at the very least 'RESTRICTED'.

For example.

You will not be able to pull out a video camera and film the whole thing.
    Nor will you be allowed to pull out your phone and film the whole thing*

* They may.... allow you to cheekily do the odd 'video/picture' however I would be very surprised if the Front of House staff don't come and tell you to stop if you take flash photography, or if they see you filming for extended periods of time or if you are jeopardising someone else's enjoyment, or the big one, putting the performers at risk (flashing lights etc).

Plus don't forget, most of these venues will have a 'turn off mobile phones' policy.

"But videogames live lets you do it"

Yes... But technically they shouldn't, at least in the UK, not sure about the rest of the world. There's tons of copyright issues around filming stage shows of any kind, and it's not as straight forward as to think since you need approval from everyone involved with the show to record video of a stage event unless it's agreed prior to production starting.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I found a recording of the Brazil Game Show symphony from last October I thought I would share:

It sounds like there may be some differences between the Frontiers medley that was performed there and the one that Sega uploaded to the Sonic YouTube channel, though that may be due to the audio recording quality.

18. Does anyone have a spare ticket for the original LA showtime they're not going to use? I'd pay for it of course, seems like they're all being resold above cost right now.
    Might go to the new 330pm show but my flight would work out easier with the 8pm show

19. Absolutely fuck everything about the merchandise for the London event. Imagine selling only one date, selling it out, and then putting on an overflow event earlier on that date; to then sell out of all the dates allocated merchandise on that first showing.

Those that booked early, and incentivised the early booking, are left with nothing merchandise wise. Crazy.

Edit: heated opinions and thoughts prior, obvs. Gig was great, this community (albeit me sneaking into a few last minute pictures), is great too. =P

Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
  20. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I really hope they add that + - Superstars track   to streaming services, along with last year's Frontiers medley and other bonus tracks they may do in the tour. Sounded great even on a shitty camera recording, so I'd love to hear it properly.