don't click here

Sonic Anniversary Symphony going worldwide

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by grantpa, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    ...You know there's, like, a lot of Sonic games right? And a lot of music to go with them. Just because they didn't represent one particular game in one particular instance doesn't mean they're suddenly erasing that game from all of existence. I think if Knuckles Chaotix gets the occasional reference (sans actual rerelease), pretty much anything in the games is fair play. They just can't realistically represent everything.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Dek Rollins

Dek Rollins

size of a tangerine Member
    US
    What does Seaside Hill have to do with Sonic 4?

3. To be fair, we got a medley / remix for Splash Hill on the official YouTube channel by Jun Senoue and Tee Lopes, and it is fucking amazing:

But yeah, it would be nice to have some Sonic 4, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic Advance and Sonic Rush love on Symphony Anniversary. But... I can't complain, we got Tails' Adventure and Sonic Jam representation on Symphony.

4. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Yeah I was surprised they even did a Sonic 3 medley, but disappointed that it was only like 2 tracks.. I would have killed to hear an orchestral version of Hydro City or Flying Battery

5. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    LoL, you know I meant Splash Hill. I’m old and tired.

Btw, I expected something from Sonic 4 since it’s technically part of the “main” series originals. The Jun/Tee mix is great, but considering we have endless versions of Green Hill, it’s not out of the ordinary to have multiple remixes for other songs.

6. _Sidle

_Sidle

None of the Dimps games were featured anywhere.
    I'm less surprised that 4 was omitted, and moreso that Advance and Rush (the far more mainline-feeling games) were.

7. karlafalves

karlafalves

Gaia Gate Guard Member
    Brazil
    When I watched the live stream last year, I wondered how wonderful it would be to watch it live. Dreams come true (no pun intended :D) and they're going to go on tour! And even better, with the first confirmed stop to be here in Brazil. I'm not crying, I've just chopped some onions :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  8. RainyRoses

RainyRoses

See You Next Post Member
    DUUUDE this June Sonic Central got me excited for the Symphony tour! Especially if i can see Crush 40 IN CONCERT!!! <3 <3 <3

9. Snowbound

Snowbound

• Informative Informative x 6
    • List
  10. karlafalves

karlafalves

Gaia Gate Guard Member
    Brazil
    Great. This I-am-not-aware-of-it mess made me think that all that SEGA is going to show us during the world tour is the Sonic 30th Anniversary Symphony on a big movie screen at each stop :S

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Linkabel

Linkabel

To be honest I did expect the bands to only be on video with the orchestra being live, with perhaps only select cities featuring them like L.A., Tokyo and London for example.

12. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Well that's... slightly concerning. Hopefully it all works out and we get the dates soon. I am so taking a vacation week from work to go to one of these.

13. So like, maybe I just wasn't paying close enough attention, but I left the livestream yesterday with the belief that this so-called "live tour" is merely a re-airing of the Anniversary event on local silver screens. Not very hype-inducing.

14. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Well shoot, I'd pay to see the concert in a movie theater with a big ass bucket of popcorn. Of course it'd be better live, but sign me up either way. If it comes down my way it'd most likely be in or around Atlanta, which luckily is only a couple hours away. I hope it's not super long until they reveal the dates, though it sounds like they still have a lot of planning to do and might have jumped the gun announcing the tour.

15. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    It's a lot less interesting if it IS just a video replay. Surely that can't be it.

16. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Especially since the video is free on Youtube

17. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    The orchestra wouldn't survive all the hits from the Metallic Madness JP track.

18. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Remember that they said this would have a few surprises thrown in. I wonder if that means extra music or stuff like an exclusive Frontiers trailer in the interval.

19. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    Oh man, if they beef up the Sonic 3 & Knuckles portion of the symphony with an orchestra performance of prototype Carnival Night Zone: Act 2 I'd be incredibly ecstatic. Happy doesn't even begin to describe how I'd feel.

Also, a rockin' Crush 40 performance of Flying Battery Zone: Act 2 would be fuckin' fire. If they could then conclude with one of those orchestra and Crush 40 combos by doing a truly epic collaborative performance of Big Arm(s), boy would I be in heaven.

One can dream...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
  20. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • List