don't click here

Sonic: An Angel of Life

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by CloverCC, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Are you planning on using all the levels from the original trilogy? That'd be awesome. Combining Sonic 1 and Sonic 3 and Knuckles levels only? That'd be weird.

If you are making it so that the plots connect yet the levels are the same as in the original, Sonic 1 doesn't fit with anything due to it doesn't have anything to do with the Death Egg. But if that's not the purpose of your next project then it doesn't matter, although the styles are really different.

2. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Your hack seems to have come a long way, I remember your first roms.
    Your bad habits of monochrome palettes have disappeared. They are much better. Great work.

3. CloverCC

CloverCC

4. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Didn't you once have this really awesome Hill Top palette which you since changed? (Which, to me, was a step backwards)

Nonetheless, any thoughts about new level art for Your Next Thing? Heh, I might be verging into asshole territory with my constantly insisting upon this, but there's only so much that can be done with recolours.

5. CloverCC

CloverCC

Which Hill top pallet? :P

And yes, I have a few ideas about maybe "transforming" a few levels to be purely biome-themed, but that's about all I've taken into consideration. I'm still much in work of completing SAL right now, And I really don't want to shift my mind any further on my next hack, until I get this one completed. Right now, it's got very little plans so far, using Sonic 1 and S3k levels, will be split into two parts, and is something I know I can accomplish, though I'd probably spend another 5 years on it.

6. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    The original screenshots look fantasic. You're making good progress and a real solid effort here. Keep up the good work!

7. CloverCC

CloverCC

Thanks, it's what I intend to do. :P

I've also posted a few new pictures above for updates, including Graveyard Garden's new colors (Which I think looks more "graveyard" to me.)

8. I agree, they look...how should I say this..

Beautiful?

Anyway, it looks really nice.

9. CloverCC

CloverCC

Thanks. :P Been a long time since I've mentioned anything in here, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to give a few updates:
    All 3 acts of Cineral crater are finally complete, now starting Rocket Runway's layouts.
    Few minor color changes
    Planning to make each act have it's own background variation.. just something to make it seem more diverse.

10. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    I really didn't want to bump this yesterday. Now it has been bumped.

This really is good work, keep it up. By any chance, are you needing beta testers?

11. CloverCC

CloverCC

I might look into that. I havn't spoken to JcFerggy in a while, so yeah..

12. GHNeko

GHNeko

sega stockholm syndrome Member
    Why does it seem like this game would go great with some Cut scenes and level transitions. >_>

I kinda like the palette that is being used, though yea. Its all to dark. x_x

I'm looking forward to a release of thing. ^^

13. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Ya, sorry about that, Its hard to talk to someone on a regular basis when they don't have a msn.

14. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    I like it lots, a lot of nice level editing, but its slightly dark. Unique color choices though, which I like a lot, just wish there were slightly more bright colors.

And :) on CT.

15. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    [​IMG]
    That pallet is Godly, it's like a realistic Sunrise =P

16. CloverCC

CloverCC

Again, one of the changes that was for the better. Thank you :D Now, hopefully I can get the foreground to look a little more well-fitting to the background (A few shining/reflections spots, etc.)

And again, I do apologize for the lack of updates, as Cineral crater left me very stressed around the first quarter of act 3's layout (Doing a 3-act s3k level was a bit more challenging than I though, mainly because at times I forgot that each act from s3k pretty much used it's own tileset to where me using Hydrocity Act 1's tiles, I forgot about there being no waterslides, or anything else from the 2nd act, yet ironically, the 3rd act of metropolis is the one level in sonic 2 that uses its' own tileset that differs from the previous 2 acts, so any tiles I created in the first/2nd metropolis acts wouldn't be in the 3rd), but eventually got it all done without any areas that may seem slacking/rushed or whatever.

Anyways, working on Rocket Runway now, I can pretty much say that it's perhaps the most fun I've had while doing a layout as of yet. The curves, the little pipe-loops, everything. Then after this, only a few more levels until I do the object layouts, then after that, I'll do all the final touches for perfection, then after that, the release will come.

17. BtCE

BtCE

Improving the colors aside (and to be honest, my only problem is variety - individually they all look intresting), this is quite intresting as well as impressive. I do think it would be a shame to allow those three stages you eliminated which you nearly finished to go to waste - perhaps you should consider putting them back in as "secret stages" or something along those lines? Selectable only from the stage select or something more creative than that (and I imagine, harder to implement). I don't know how possible it is from a technical level, but if it is possible, I would love to see them become playable - if you put your time into making them, why scrap them? You clearly have some concern for work quality. Eh, but that just my opinion, anyways. All of that aside, great job, and I look forward to the release.

18. CloverCC

CloverCC

<!--quoteo(post=184431:date=Mar 18 2008, 04:35 PM:name=Lassic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lassic @ Mar 18 2008, 04:35 PM) [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Also, [​IMG]

19. Since this hack has such a dark mood, have you ever thought of making it based off SatAM? I would love to see a hack based off that show. The only things that would need changing would be Robotniks sprites and a few other things.

20. CloverCC

CloverCC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.