don't click here

Sonic: An Angel of Life

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by CloverCC, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloverCC

CloverCC

Well, the thing is, it's too much of a hassle trying to set everything up, having to call someone up and everything, and that alone takes forever.. And I'm not talking about 20 minutes, 40 minutes, I'm talking about 10-12 weeks. Yes, it's ridiculous, and I'd rather not wait that long, especially since by then I'll already have my new computer. It had internet before, but setting it up shouldn't be that ridiculous. Besides, I can just use my dad's computer until then, like I am right now. I hope that cleared up some confusion.

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Wait, why would it be "ridiculous"? What did they have to do before? Setting up internet on a computer that had it before is not difficult, nor should it be for any reason.

3. CloverCC

CloverCC

Exactly, It shouldn't be. Though last time I did a system recovery, I had to have two people sent down to do something with the wireless adapter, and I didn't even know there were going to be two of them ('How many monkeys does it take to screw in a lightbulb' is basically where I'm getting at). So anyways, nearly a month later, they finally come and I'm sitting in the other room, watching tv, for half an hour. So when I think they're finally done, and they leave, I try using internet explorer (as it's the only thing I have), and had the "Server cannot be found" page pop up. Looking at the little task-bar tray thing, the wireless connection icon says something like "Internet Connection: Excellent", yet can't get on. So I ask my mom what's going on, she calls the people up, and apperantly one of the guys fucked up somewhere, so I had to wait another month for them to send someone else down, and I pretty much got fed up with it. When I do system recovery, what it does is set the computer back to it's factory settings; whatever wasn't there at that time is gone, and whatever was there that may have been deleted will have been restored. It doesn't come with an internet connection (I'm pretty sure alot has changed since 2002). I had to buy a wireless adapter which pretty much came with the adapter, an installation disc, the wires (Har har fucking har), and the manuel, which at a certain point says I need something extra/wasn't included in order to proceed to the next step. Ridiculous.

4. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    So it sounds like all you need is the driver for the wireless card or something. That shouldn't be too hard to figure out, provided you know the model of wireless card you have...

5. CloverCC

CloverCC

Unfortunatly, I do not. Anyways, none of this really matters to me right now, because as soon as I get my new computer, I will be throwing away my old one away completley. And if it isn't too much trouble, May I have the posts from the one I made april 1st to this one split from this topic? I originally posted that thinking I would need more time than needed to get back to the state of progress/work the build before the computer crash was in.

6. CloverCC

CloverCC

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

So yeah, I guess it turned out I'd be gone until near june. Well anyways, I'm obviously back now, happily posting more images/updates. :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'll hopefully get into details later, but right now, I have to go to school now.

7. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    OO la la, gorgeous palettes. You really have the hang of it now.
    Goodbye monochrome shit. :D

8. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Gawd, this is prickteasing. Any ideas when this'll be done? I want it! :)

9. CloverCC

CloverCC

I originally was going for july, But I think this may be finished/released around mid-june, being I've been putting more time into it than I used to. I should be finished with the level layouts around june 2nd, so a few more weeks of object layouts and final touches should be all I need.

And yeah, thanks. :P Like I said, I still have some of my older versions, and as I look back at the colors I used that I once thought looked great, I think to my self, "wtf was I thinking lol".

10. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    Holy *insert thing here*, that looks amazing! I'm technically speechless!

11. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    How about donating it to Chaos Hedgie? =P

12. SephyUK

SephyUK

WHY SO CURIOUS? Member
    Qatar
    Some Freakishly Long Anime
    The one thing that amazes me more than anything else about this hack, is the fact that you used SonEd 1 and not 2, meaning you didn't use a disassembly.

I'm in awe at the moment. That art and those pallets. Jesus.

13. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Yeah, this is most definately amazing!
    I love the whole "Divine Doomsday" thing you got going on there, especially how you put the Eggman face on a machine instead =P
    Great stuff, I eagarly await to this.

14. CloverCC

CloverCC

Heh, thanks. :D And yeah, I don't really mind when people say Soned 2 is superior over Soned 1 or whatever, I'm just happy with using Soned 1, as it's got me this far. When I want art of 2 levels in one level, I open up 2 soneds, and hand-duplicate the art from the desired level into some extra/unused 8x8/16x16 pieces of the level I want the art in. If I want to try to make loops for a level in which does not have loops, I duplicate a few 128x128 tiles (Most of the times, It's going to be a 'curvey corner'), take the duplicated tile and add the high/low 8-bit-containing 16 bit pieces in the designated/required areas, change solidity, and than go through multiple trial-by-error processes using various solidity plane switchers, and testing it out in Gens +. It can become tiring at times, of crouse, but usually I'm eager to see how everything would then turn out.

15. SephyUK

SephyUK

WHY SO CURIOUS? Member
    Qatar
    Some Freakishly Long Anime
    Wait, so your saying you didn't use any kind of porting tool, and did that all by hand?

You are a genius!
    And have way too much time on your hands.

16. CloverCC

CloverCC

No no no no nooooooo. :P I do use ESE 2, but only for the purpose for porting levels entirely. What I meant by doing it by hand was like how, for example, I got the Death Egg wind-tunnel bits into Rocket Runway.. Though, perhaps I should give that a try, though. I'd have less risk of objects being garbled and stuff.

17. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Well, you should convert your work to a split disassembly in the future, restoring the lost levels is easier plus you can do various stuff such as use the Sonic 1 sound driver, etc.
    Great work on this hack by the way, keep it up.

18. CloverCC

CloverCC

On my next hack, yes. :P

Anyways, there's been something I've been looking for for a long, long time that I one day accidently deleted,and I've had not the slightest bit of luck ever finding it since. It's an updated object definitions list for SonED 1. I am petty sure I got it from sonicresearch before the shut down. Please, If anybody has it, and wouldn't mind uploading it, I'd really appreciate it.

19. Do you mean this?

20. Delusphere

Delusphere

UK
    Hey! I take it I can't download this and test it out yet, no?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.