Sonic 4 Genesis Edition

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by StephenUK, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
  2. Rathe

Rathe

Do you want slumber? Kay-o. Member
    Something that will inevitably be canceled.

They don't exactly capture the classic feel very well.

3. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I second the use of Rathes. He could whip these out like a factory, and then I'd tell him to do it again if something isn't right. They also seem to be on model the most with the Sonic design. The Mod-gens are ok, but every other sprite has Sonic off model in some way. Sorry Shibs, yours is 'cute,' but the proportions are way off. Especially the eyes.

4. Matwek

Matwek

[​IMG]

5. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I prefer the new to the old =P.

6. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    :(

I like yours better, but the problem is they don't match to Sonic 2s mappings. Not sure if Stephen would attempt to tackle editing those for a spring or not.

7. Matwek

Matwek

Yeah I did think that might be a problem. I'll have to see if I can get it thinner like yours but still retain the roundness.
    I prefer your blue part though, might be worth having a go at combining the too.

8. You know Cylent Nite usually does good but those don't seem to good in my opinion... Seems a bit TOO modern, only short legs and arms, plus too deep of blue. Plus the other sprites are leagues better, especially Rathes.

9. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    My vote would be for a completely new project-exclusive Sonic sprite set that combines elements of the old sprites and the ones seen in Sonic 4 (For lack of a better example, imagine the walking animation in Trunk's sig applied to the older Sonic design).

Of course, problem being somebody'd have to make it.

10. Matwek

Matwek

[​IMG]

11. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I made a version of the using dithering:

[​IMG]

12. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    [​IMG]

These, definitely these!

13. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Seconded.

14. Thirded.

If not these, then what about Project Retros old sprites?

15. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    They [Project: Sonic Retro old sprites] are Chimpo's aren't they? I think he's using them on his current project.

16. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    The rounded spring looks awesome, but the top part is 9 pixels high, as opposed to the original 8 pixels high. that would mean I'd need another 4 tiles in VRAM just to put the extra row of pixels on. I could probably take a row of pixels off myself and put it in, but if you want to refine it a bit and keep the proportions the same as the S2 then that would be great. I'm just trying to keep VRAM usage to a minimum so I have more space for level art and badnik art.

17. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    It's 10 actually, I tryied making them 8... They look less awesome than Spark's springs using 8 pixels.

18. Zycor

Zycor

Unlike Sonic, I don't chuckle. Member
    Beats me.
    [​IMG]
    I had a go at trying to mix the classic and modern Sonic walking from Trunks' profile thing.

19. Matwek

Matwek

[​IMG]
    I think thats the right size.

20. Could you not have just moved the red base down a pixel? Would have barely been noticeable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.