don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    So that site everyone hates is reporting that we might get a first glimpse at Sonic 4 Ep. 2 in action tomorrow night at CES:
    Here's a link to NVIDIA's keynote:
    http://cnettv.cnet.com/

2. Lord Kanti

Lord Kanti

This method is usually concluded by a huge let down. Look at Episode 1.

3. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    True, however since Colours and Generations happened, I'm much more excited for Sonic 4 Episode II. Even if Dimps is still taking a large/significant part of the development process/team, I just have a feeling that the next episode will be of generally better quality.

I'm already somewhat hyped to the sound of a "new physics engine" and "new graphics engine", but I'm also very curious of the music direction, especially since apparently it will be using proper 16 bit sounds....

Additionally, the Sonic 4 SEGA Forum got a new Episode II skin recently, so perhaps (and hopefully) we will see some gameplay media soon to follow?

4. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Sniveling apologies if this has already been mentioned, but look at the forum banner on the official Sonic 4 forums over at Sega, and then look at this...

[​IMG]

Thoughts?

5. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    This? Yup, way ahead of ya.

So assuming marketing didn't just grab the first Metal Sonic image/Tails model could find, and Sega actually gave them a hint as to what the game looked like, this could go either way.

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Moreover, the tails in the logo aren't just from Classic Tails, they're C&P'd from that exact render. It's not really something you can look into much.

7. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Perhaps it's meant to be a hybrid Tails? A younger Tails with a modern twist to fit the decor of Sonic 4. Tails is meant to be significantly younger looking before Adventure, so that would fit.

That or just a simple error.

8. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Considering this is likely from the same studio that plastered Simon Wai beta sprites in one of the Episode I trailers, I honestly wouldn't look into it too much. They likely just grabbed the Generations artwork posted, cropped out everything but the tails, and went for it. It's definitely an exciting thought, but best to take that with a heavy dose of salt.

9. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Thinking back on the classic silhouette on the needlemouse trailer you're probably right. This wouldn't be the first time they pulled a bait and switch on us. Cunts.

10. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Mykonos is right we can't look into this too much. I'm sure they just used whatever they had or was given to them.

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    They could also be trying to build up any possible hype with false clues, seeing how that seemed to work with the Sonic 1 silhouette... And also because there's not much hype for it around here.

12. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    So, the conference is going on now: http://cnettv.cnet.com/#

Not on a good connection so I can't watch. Take screenshots and capture footage, guys.

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    There's an Nvidia press conference going on right now, so I guess SEGA's is over already...

14. DinnerSonic

DinnerSonic

Never Posting Since 2004! Member
    It was said that NVidia might show off Sonic 4 Episode 2 as part of showing off the Tegra 3 mobile processor since there's an edition build to work with it, so this is where it would appear if it did, I'd think.

15. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Conference over, no Episode 2.

16. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Nothing at all about Sonic 4 Episode 2.
    KEN BALOOOOOOOOOOOUGH!!!!!! :argh:

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

18. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Oh wow, looks considerably nicer than the Episode I logo, nice.

Only gripe I have with it is Tails' mouth. I mean, is he in a constant state of awe or something?

19. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    That's marginally better than concept art.

20. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    Damn besides sonics mouth, that's exactly what I was hoping it would be!!! Just like sonic 2's logo. I'm excited now.