don't click here

Sonic 2 SMTP

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by SMTP, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    I would suggest putting it in the bottom right corner, about 16x pixels away from the edge of the screen. Also, it's nice to see you're still working on this. I still like to fire up that private beta you gave me every now and then. :D

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I second the motion to move where the counter is placed on-screen, though I don't think it'd look too bad directly above the lives counter, either. Try moving it into both positions and posting pictures for comparison—that should make it easier to decide which one to pick. :v:

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Actually, this is what I was thinking. Keeps the layout nice with the rest of the HUD.

4. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    [​IMG]

Cant seem to put it on the bottom right, SonMapED hates me...

5. Master3k

Master3k

That seems a bit busy, IMO. I suggest keeping it just right of the life counter if you can't move to the bottom right of screen.

6. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    So any opinions on which is better?

7. ShadowsofYesterday

ShadowsofYesterday

I have no idea what's going on. Member
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sonic and the Magic Hat
    Keeping it above the life counter.

8. DTX

DTX

A fellow w/a name fit for nary a man save himself Member
    I think it looks better above the lives counter. Perhaps you could even make 1-5 pixels higher, but that would be up to you (and it doesn't need to be perfect anyway [especially since so far only I have asserted the opinion of its being put higher would be an improvement, so who's to say that constitutes that which makes it "perfect"?]). But it looks more than good enough the way it is. :)

9. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    Well it looks fine in that position, maybe a bit of tweaking wouldn't hurt though. One thing I think is missing, text, just so it fits with the "SONIC" text below it.

10. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    I'd add text if there was any Vram to spare...

11. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    Well in that case, would you mind losing the "SONIC" text, I just think, in my opinion that it will look a tiny bit neater. That's all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.