don't click here

Sonic 2 SMTP

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by SMTP, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's the sprite table not the SST :P

Though I think a better way of fixing it would be modifying BuildSprites to limit the number of sprites that can be drawn internally, especially considering I don't think Sonic 2 has another free $80 bytes of contiguous free RAM lying around unless you modify the game in some way to make more RAM available.

2. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    I get a Illegal Instruction as Knuckles and Tails in Green Greens boss.

3. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Are you using a non-Gens emulator? SMTP said that this isn't compatible with Kega, or Regen.
    I just played on Gens+ & I didn't get an illegal instruction.

4. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    This is hot stuff. I hope you will give us a v6 in the forseeable future.

5. FraGag

FraGag

Tech Member
    With Gens, in the Green Greens Zone boss, some of the tiles get corrupted too. This is probably related to the error Kega and Regen give.

6. BlueLemonade

BlueLemonade

A few things.

In Green Greens, whenever the water sound effect was playing I couldn't hear the spindash charge or release sounds. If I'm the only one having this problem, it may just be my emulator, since I'm using Generator for Mac.

Also, at Green Greens' boss, the moment Eggman started driving the drill-tank (whatever it's called) the game froze because of an invalid instruction.

7. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Strange.
    This was said before, you'll need to use Gens to play this game, unfortunately I don't know if there's a Gens for Mac, sorry.

8. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    Notice: Pressing C a few times will take away the crash :P

9. BlueLemonade

BlueLemonade

The emulator terminates when the illegal instruction occurs, making it impossible to do anything :P

10. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    This is not a problem with GenesisPlus.

This is a problem, however. The game froze without so much as an error message, the moment Eggman's pod entered the 'drill-tank' and no amount of mashing the C-button helped me out of it. Ah well, I have the option of copying the ROM to my Windows laptop and playing it on Gens :)

11. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I remember I had the same bug in my hack with the EHZ boss. I think it had something to do with the S1 sound driver or something...

12. Dan Lioneye

Dan Lioneye

UK
    just now I played this for the first time, all options default apart from changing to sonic alone and I got to ice cap (only act 2, is this right?), completed the act, then I was sent back to green greens act 1 with score, lives the same.
    I used gens plus, has anyone else experienced anything like this?
    I really like this hack, excellent work ;)

edit: still got my first chaos emerald I picked up from green greens the first time round, just went through the big ring at the end of the act again into special stage 2

13. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Yes, this version loops the levels after ICZ2. That way there is a chance to get all the chaos emeralds instead of just going to title screen or something.

14. KingKombat

KingKombat

Wow, when I played this I was really impressed at how much effort was put int this. I especially like the fact that you can actually change the sprite style from Sonic 3 to Sonic 1 and vice versa. Oh, and I was dying to see tails follow knuckles :D.

15. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    I'm going to be releasing a bugfix version of this real soon, within the next month assuming everything gets done. Basicly gonna fix the few things I over looked. It'd be nice if some people could report some bugs that are not listed here yet too.

Also there will be a new act added to CPZ as this pic shows:

[​IMG]

:P

16. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    That palette looks badass. ;)
    Gonna play it once you release the fix.
    Keep it up.

17. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
  18. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I said it before, and I'll say it again—that layout is absolutely fantastic! It gives a great sense of speed, but at the same time requires quick thinking and has some very creative sections to it. I hope to see an act 2 in the same general style. :v:

Great stuff!

19. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Oh forgot to add:

Special Thanks to Radkip/Thunderspeed and Jenna for creating the layout! Considering the current situation, I dunno if they are gonna be able to make an act 2. (unless im not up to date on the situation)

20. jman2050

jman2050

Teh Sonik Haker Tech Member
    Looks a bit too much on auto-pilot for my tastes, but only a little.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.