don't click here

Sonic 2 BETA ROM

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 3588897, Jul 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    I was voiced. I keep an Fsere with like, a beta of Sonic Advance 3 on it. No one seems to want to download it, so I just get priority.

The guy "ROMz" was the only person who even had that ISO, and either voices don't get priority for his Fserve, or all 160 queues ahead of me me voiced.

MEANWHILE IN PRISON:
    3588897: Really officer, I didn't know I was doing anything wrong!
    Cop: Shat ap an' git in tha cell! Say hi to your new ass-mate. I mean uhh, room-mate.
    Bubbu: Hello there little boy. "Supple" doesn't even begin to describe you.
    3588897: NOOOO!

2. :P

Bubbu: I killed someone.
    Bubbu: So what are you in for?
    3588897: I downloaded the Sonic 2 bet...err...I mean I killed someone too...heh.

3. 3588897

Pending Member
    Sonic 2 Redone
    I'm here sitting at the computer growing fatter just like normal looking for a proxy. And so far the day has gone by like normal. Besides I haven't heard any sirens just like normal.

4. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    I thought I was paranoid.

A proxy is not necessary. Nobody is going to sue you, and nobody is going to arrest you. You'll have problems finding a (free) proxy that will let you download ROMs, anyway.

5. Xian

Xian

Give the DS what it wants. Member
    Seriously, NO ONE IS GOING TO CALL YOU ON IT! The chances of anyone calling the cops ARE LITERALY ZERO. Z-E-R-O. If someone browsed this site, and sued all illegal ROM users, there would be no site. Nobody cares. PERIOD. Go ahead and download your ROMs, enjoy yourself.

6. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    LOLOLOLOL.

That is all.

7. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    In other news, the incidence of black helicopter sightings has increased sharply. Officials are reported to have increased the flouride levels in local water supplies due to recent research, which they have refused to cite. And the highest concentration of Freemasons ever recorded is expected to be seen at tommorrow's gathering.

8. Knux13

Knux13

Member since May 19, 2002 Banned
  9. You should read this, but if you do, you will be even more afraid of downloading ROMs. http://www.cris.com/~Twist/atari800win/legal.shtml

Here are some quotes...

We knew that already.

This IS true, their copyrights are still active.

I think that means if they don't go after you knowing you have it, they lose the right to protect it. However...

They can argue that they didn't know this was going on, and still keep their rights. But in the case of our beta, they DO know we have it, and they did nothing. So, I'm sure they have no right to arrest you. But as for other ROMs...

Well, I have a magnet, a microwave, and an alibi, so I'm good to go. :)

10. sonichalloween

sonichalloween

Pending Member
    I just download it without ever worrying :)

11. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    If sega wanted to go after someone, they would go after ROM sites, not people who downloaded ROMs.

Yet, notices how genesis ROM sites tend to stay up? This is because Sega does not care about such old games.

12. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    From what I've seen, Sega are very reasonable with legal action anyway... in most cases if there is a problem they will send a C&D letter before actually going ahead with any kind of lawsuit. So really, in the 0.001% chance that they decide that a random dude downloading Sonic 2 beta is worth persuing, you'd be told to get rid of it.

13. 3588897

Pending Member
    Sonic 2 Redone
    Yes I agree with rika chou here. Besides I haven't even heard a single siren today which is sort of unusual because normally they come down here 100 times a week to arrest a speeder. And then one of my friends on MSN keeps on saying that its perfectly fine to download a prototype game such as sonic 2 beta.

14. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    If you're so paranoid about this whole piracy terrain, may I ask how you are working on "Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Uncut"?

15. 3588897

Pending Member
    Sonic 2 Redone
    I feel perfectly safe now. Besides its the prototype I'm working on. I'm editing the levels so that they are finished. This is every sonic 2 betas player hope to play an almost uncut sonic 2 final. Just wish ese 2 did what I want it to.

16. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    This idea has been done already. Try playing either "Sonic 2 Delta" or "Sonic 2 Long Version".

17. Knux13

Knux13

Member since May 19, 2002 Banned
    *applauds*

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you :P

18. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    OH GOD!! GET RID OF THAT BETA ROM NOW! The police have chased me to the local library and I have to hide here because they are trying to shoot me! YAAAAARGH.

19. 3588897

Pending Member
    Sonic 2 Redone
    Are you searious or are you just pulling my leg? Because if this is a joke its not very funny.

20. Don't worry, Fiz is just messing with you. You have nothing to worry about. I'm still here aren't I? I don't think they have internet access in jail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.