don't click here

Sonic 1 and 2 getting the Sonic CD treatment by Taxman and Stealth

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Machenstein

Machenstein

I really wish I could get BlueStacks to work so I can play these on my laptop. It gets stuck on the loading screen each time I try to open it. Has anyone here got pass this problem or is it just compatibility issues?

2. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I've noticed a small error in the looping of Green Hill Zone. Unless I'm mistaken, the loop point should be at 635062 instead of 635970.

3. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    In the set I sent you I've set it to 635050, I think.

4. Skyler

Skyler

Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    It is, but in the actual game the music jumps ahead that little bit.

5. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Yeah, I've fixed it now so thanks guys. We'll be rolling out some updates soon now that we're back to work.

6. Skyler

Skyler

Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Good to know. :thumbsup:

7. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Will Sonic 1 get any of the improvements Sonic 2 got?

Like achievements, a level select for completed savefiles and so on.

8. Baby Ghost

Baby Ghost

Put Tails in every game! Member
    While you're doing that, might you also add cloud save support? That way I don't have to play through the game again just to mess around on the tablet.

9. I cant seem to get this updated for some reason the last time I could update was when version 3.0.2 was 1st released, its it because the updates have not been released yet?

I ask this because the 'last updated' dates have changed since the first release of 3.0.2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I only currently have the option to install or uninstall

10. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    lol Play Store.

Any reason you can't just uninstall the game and then reinstall it? Should ensure you've got the latest available version, regardless of what you had before.

11. Yeah, but would that keep my save games or erase it?

12. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    It wouldn't, you can back them up however.

13. Un-installing and reinstalling does erase the save data and even with this version I installed from google play a few days ago I still cant update to the 13/01/14 which was just done yesterday

14. Graxer

Graxer

I have exactly the same problem. Although the version on the Play Store is dated the 13th it isn't offering me the opportunity to update my copy.

15. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    The game hasn't been updated since December, no matter what the Play Store tells you. 3.0.2 is the latest version.

16. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    I've reviewed the game:

17. Apologies for the bump, but is mulitplayer desyncing and disconnecting before the mode even starts a known/common issue? I've got an Nvidia Shield and a samsung exhibit 2 and neither of them will go online when I use my other google+ account. I even bought Sonic 2 for both of my accounts. It's making me sad face, and when using my main account, after one good online match I just get kicked to the main menu with the message "2P VS mode has been disconnected."

And then there's the screeching sound when the score counts at the end of a stage...

18. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    I'm hoping that sfx corruption issue randomly occuring on some devices (conveniently never on my own :v: ) has been squashed in the yet to be released update, and synch has been improved a bit on 2PVS. That said, Android is such a mixed bag I'm not sure it's possible to get 100% perfect compatibility on every device out there. Considering how lightweight the Graphics rendering system in the Retro Engine is, it's alway crazy seeing the odd Android device run it like molasses due to bad OpenGL drivers.

19. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    This is what Google gets for not establishing a standard with Google devices and allowing any manufacturer to stick in whatever garbage bloatware they can manage.

20. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Just thought I'd relay this here too:

Sonic CD and Sonic 1 updates are live on iOS. Sonic CD adds iOS 7 + iCade controller support.

Sonic 1 also adds iOS 7 controller support, fixes audio over HDMI out, Green Hill audio loop point and adds completed saves.