don't click here

SMC PEOPLE GET IN HERE NOW!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by LOst, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infiniti

Infiniti

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Member
    UK
    Guy's help! I installed the latest DivX AND XviD codecs*, and still no movie...Sound works fine though. What am I not doing right?

*The one Voice posted was 'borked'! Can anyone get me a working copy?

2. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    XviD or ffdshow.

Also, just a footnote, Koji didn't actually create the files, Psxphile did. Koji just spread them to the Sonic scene back in 2004 (basically, she did the same thing I did, minus compressing the audio). So I recommend changing the credits to this:

3. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    Wha? :blink: It worked fine on my system and that's the same ZIP QJimbo gave me...maybe I messed up somewhere in the instructions, I'll ask Q.

4. LocalH

LocalH

Check the post above yours, there's a link to the official XviD site, as well as to ffdshow (which can also decode XviD). Either one of those should suffice.

5. voice

voice

45mins west of Chicago
    It'll be fixed when I get back.

EDIT: Done.

6. Infiniti

Infiniti

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Member
    UK
    Well I got the same result....no video. But I DID get them to play when I opened it in 'Thumbsplus'.
    The quality was great, though it made a slight jump in the video as Sonic was spinning down the mountain towards the end of the intro, but that may of been beacuse of thumbsplus, I can't really say.
    Also noticing (for the first time ?_?), the ending of Sonic CD features a small clip of 'Action' from each zone....where's Tidal Tempest? Why show us R2 footage (IF it was what R2 would have looked like*).

*Why I did not pick up on this back in 97 on Sonic jam?*

7. Gamerguy

Gamerguy

SHHHHHHH Member
    So...can I remove the lower quality rips from my site now? If you still want them, I can keep them up, but I only have 100 GB of bandwidth available on the "fast" server every month.

8. LocalH

LocalH

It's up to you, since voice has my copies available.

9. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Yea, you can do that. And thanks for your work!

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I remember reading that even the Japanese version had the US music, so no. =\

11. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    The R2 footage, assuming that's what it is, was from the pencil test of the original Sonic CD, viewable from the Visual Mode menu. In SMC, it's added to the ending sequence in full color and with actual scenery. Why there is no Tidal Tempest footage is a mystery to me as well. Maybe our "mystery footage" is supposed to be Tidal Tempest.
    Also of note is that in SMC's Sonic CD Ending video, footage from the good (Little Planet disappearing in a shower of sparks) and bad (Sonic throwing a rock at Robotnik) endings are combined, and the very end (massive numbers of flowers) is only seen after the good ending.

12. voice

voice

45mins west of Chicago
    I'm bumping this because some people were having viewing problems(the whole music but no video thing even after downloading the XviD pack I uploaded):

I found a site to download the XviD codec installer here. It is a 620KB installer and will give you the ability to tweak the codec for better performance. I also suggest if your on a low end machine like me, you download BSPlayer(look towards the bottom of the page), according to DivXMovies.com, BSPlayer was designed for DivX and XviD encoded files and uses very little cpu power.

So just a little bump for people who still can't get the videos to work(expect video skippage if you on a 450mhz or less machine, I myself am on a 450mhz box).

Technical crap:

These videos are encoded with MPEG4, which is a CPU hog in itself which is why there is skipping on 450- boxes, to give you an example, I ran the SonicCD ending avi and then a mpg I had on my computer then using prntscr got you this graph showing how much CPU mp4 wants:
    [​IMG]

edit: wording + visuals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.