don't click here

SMC PEOPLE GET IN HERE NOW!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by LOst, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Just post the info here would you?

2. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I found the topic. Koji Chao had the movie, but the link is dead. :)

3. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    I remember that, I seem to remember downloading it back when she released them. I also seem to remember it being in WMV format (although I'm not sure). Unfortunately, I don't remember if that was before I got my laptop or not. If I can find it, I can set up a private FTP account on my Linux box, for one person (who has much better hosting) to acquire it from. I only have 32Kbit/sec upload, though, so I'm not letting anyone hammer my connection. This is also assuming that I can find it on my laptop.

I also have the SMC NGC ISO split across two CD-R's. I might take a stab at converting and encoding the video myself. Is it progressive?

Edit: Now that I think about it, it may not have been WMV. Still, I'm looking for it.

Edit2: Found them! They're AVI, one for the opening and one for the ending. I think it's the first version that got released, with WAV audio. Before I do anything with them, I'll make it 256kbps CBR MP3.

4. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    I've never seen that either. All I have are the SCD intro and ending, Sonic Advance 2 preview, SA2:B trailer, and History of Sonic video.

5. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    The SCD ending on SMC is the complete video and includes the footage of R2. I have SMC for XBOX and GC, but my computer doesn't possess the ability to record video, just sound and the GC is at my brothers work.

6. LocalH

LocalH

I currently have the AVIs that Koji distributed, with the WAV audio compressed to MP3. I need to find someone who's wiling to host 54.5MB (57,217,024 bytes), so post if you've got the space and want to host it. I've gotta run out and get something real quick, and when I get back I'll begin setting up the private FTP account on my Linux box, and then I'll pick someone to host it and send them the account info.

7. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    I think this is really great to hear LocalH. You have made my dream come true in just 24 hours.

It's not everyday I post a thread with CAPS LOCK on.

I don't have that much space on my server. Can you ask Alexbt at SClassic if he can put the movie somewhere. I know he has access to McTails' servers? If you just choose to have it for download a cupple of hours, I will get the movies and I think that's what counts. But I think many more want the movies now.

8. FMSonic

FMSonic

Didn't Beta used to host those on his server?

9. LocalH

LocalH

That's why I was hoping someone here had some space that they could upload it to, because there's no way I'm letting everyone hammer my 32Kbit upstream, but I do indeed want to spread the movies far and wide. That's why I was only going to have one person download them from me, so that they could then get it to their server any way they see fit.

If I can't find anyone to host it by the time I go to bed tonight (it's currently 10:15pm for me, and I usually don't go to bed until 3 or 4am, so that'll be about 5 or 6 hours from now), then I'll let you download them directly.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they originally came from Beta's server, but is it even still up? I know that the link in the original thread was to Beta's, but I also know that link doesn't work anymore.

10. voice

voice

45mins west of Chicago
    I'm pretty sure I have the space(on digibase) to handle it.

11. LocalH

LocalH

Ok. I've got to reboot my modem real quick, then I'll transfer the files over, set up the account, and PM you. Unless someone with a faster server offers, that is =P

Edit: voice is now downloading the files. Hopefully it won't take too long (just to help it along, I'll refrain from using the Internet after I post this, until it's done).

12. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    DAMNIT! I am on a slow modem right now. my power went done and so did the broadband >.<;;

LocalH, this may take a few hours before I can start download. Once I can download with braodabend it will take 15-20 minutes.

13. voice

voice

45mins west of Chicago
    Well I'm on dialup, but I'm used to long waits, like the 4 day download marathon for the 700mb Knoppix CD ISO. But at the moment I posted this, I was 49% complete with the end file at 4.5kb/s with 57mins to go. The bitch will be uploading to Digibase, 1.2kb/s has been the average, QJimbo got 7kb/s avg on Digibase and hes on broadband.

14. Gamerguy

Gamerguy

SHHHHHHH Member
    How funny, I just got back from Circuit City - I bought the ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0. I'm uploading the rip right now.

Edit: Here's the first mirror. It's on my home server, so I'm aware that it's pretty slow. Better than nothing though:
    http://www.d-padnetwork.com/smc-sonicboom.rar

Faster mirror coming on SW's server as soon as it's done uploading.

15. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
  16. Gamerguy

Gamerguy

SHHHHHHH Member
    That one is just the intro. The ending is still uploading, but will be here:
    Edit: Finished uploading:
    http://www.d-padnetwork.com/ending.rar

If you want to wait for the faster server (about 20 minutes for the intro, 45 minutes for the ending), it'll be online through tomorrow night. These things kill bandwidth!

Here's an example of the resolution I captured direct. It was the best quality I could get:
    [​IMG]

17. voice

voice

45mins west of Chicago
    soniccd_end_mp3.avi downloaded.
    Now downloading soniccd_op_mp3.avi.

EDIT:

I will upload the files during the day tomarrow, since Im not blessed with the broadband it will take 4-7hrs to upload the files. I will put them into the RSN Video Archives, just so you know.

18. Gamerguy

Gamerguy

SHHHHHHH Member
  19. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member
    And now we have an ass shot of Sonic to go with the Sonic Advance 3 introduction of Tails. :P

20. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    So you captured it? Wow. Looks okay!

But some people have the original AVI for the Disc right? Hope so. Well yours will work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.