don't click here

Return to Little Planet II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by RGamer2009, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iceguy

Iceguy

グー! Member
    Hell. It's in my head.
    Internal system recovery
    That Angel Island looks impressive, though I haven't heard of this yet. Care to provide a link to the first one?

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    This is pretty horrible.

3. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    You have got to be fist fucking me...bahaha

4. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    Dreadful

5. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    ...and that, folks, is why Sonic will never have a live-action movie; THANK THE SEVEN CHAOS! Anything animated tends to come out shitty when put through the conversion to live-action.

The Floating Isle is very impressive, however.

6. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
  7. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Your wit is clearly beyond measure! I mean, TV Tropes? I've never seen anyone use that before in an argument to poorly generalize a group of people! Hats off to you, man; real top notch stuff here.

We're complaining because this is not good. It's some guy with a $50 video camera, Windows Movie Maker (or whatever the fuck he used), horrible dialogue and acting, and human characters. This presents a problem when the entire franchise you're making an adaption of's cast is made up of anthropomorphic animals. I'm pretty sure that guy is not a hedgehog or even remotely resembling one, nor is his extremely constipated friend playing the role of Knuckles. Half of the film before the very poor bits of speaking were nothing but running and performing everyday tasks—working out, swimming, eating—with poorly inserted Sonic music from various sources, and the only mildly interesting content is in the form of an Angel Island render available in a teaser image. And even that is nothing but some random girl—who I'm assuming is supposed to be either Tails or Amy, fuck knows—looking at the ocean. It's like it's trying to be some sort of profound abstract piece of art when it's just a contrived, uninteresting pile of fucking trash.

So sorry, no. Take your TV Tropes article and your generalizations and shove them up your ass. We—or at least I—will be pleased by legitimate quality, whether from this fanbase or right from the source. Effort or not, this is a horrible concept and even worse execution. It. Is. Shit.

8. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    RELEVANT: My (edited to remove extraneous drivel) commentary of Part 1 follows:

VERDICT: Dribbly toss

9. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Well, sheesh, I was merely making the point that this fanbase is indeed unpleasable and Retro is just about the best place to prove that.

You don't need to get so butthurt over that, y'know, Mr. Tweaker? Fan-expression never was a bad thing. You guys make it out to be that, however, for various reasons that are not entirely comprehensible to me. So what, it's not a high budget thing, who cares? Oh, right, you do, apparently.

Sheesh. Can't people here EVER get along? … orite.

10. I think what Tweaker is (understandably) flipping about is the fact that, by linking to an article about "unpleaseable" fanbases (which was pretentious), you're implying that we SHOULD be pleased by this fan film. Which, as Tweaker and Blanche explained, is undebatably shit. "It's not high budget" isn't an excuse. The fact is, the very CONCEPT is ridiculous and unenjoyable - no amount of money would make it better.

11. RevFirst

RevFirst

Sonic + Acted Out By Humans + Serious = What?
    3:57 had me laughing though (but probably for the wrong reason).

12. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    It's got nothing to do with the budget. I've seen seven year olds who can act better.

The "project" (for lack of a better term) is, quite simply, devoid of effort

13. Lord Kanti

Lord Kanti

I can't even comprehend what the hell it's suppose to be about. The intro was plain gibberish.

They need better writing.

14. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Except it's not, in both cases. However, it does seem to be a good place to prove that you're a pretentious ass!

First TV Tropes, and now 4chan memes? Damn, dude—you're on fire! I don't think I can take all the heat! Too bad I'm too busy roasting your ass to get out of the kitchen.

Sure isn't! However, bad things are bad things. And this is a bad thing.

I don't know why it's suddenly become acceptable to throw quality and standards to the wind just because we're dealing with fan works here. Should I believe that this film is good simply because the author but effort into it and is a fan of the Sonic series? I don't see how that makes sense. It is poorly produced, is full of uninteresting content—both in concept and execution—and is, quite frankly, embarrassing to look at. And I'm going to express myself as such, since I'm pretty sure that's what this topic is for.

I used to do video editing and shooting for my old school morning show. By all means, we had no budget whatsoever and only a limited amount of equipment; in fact, we were lucky to have a studio! However, I made use of our resources as best as possible—respectable camera work, clever editing, and a standard of quality in what we aired—to make what the media teachers in my school had claimed "the best the show had ever been." And this is with no prior media experience, mind you—I picked it up in a day!

It is not what your budget or what your equipment is that determines quality insomuch as a good concept and an acceptable execution of that concept. This fanwank had neither of those things.

They sure can! This is generally accomplished by showing respect to other members and their viewpoints, making rational decisions and conclusions, and not being a pretentious douche. You have not adhered to any of these three general bullet points. This may be your problem!

15. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    It's a Sonic movie with a human cast.

That's all you need to know right there to know that it sucks.

16. Reaction

Part 1:
    I uh... wow. Honestly pretty awful in terms of execution, acting and writing was pretty off, but as far as concept, as much as I'd like to crap all over it, for some, really inexplicable reason, I kind of enjoyed it. Now, the video was awful, but the idea. There's almost something there.

17. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    This is absolutely awful. Live human actors? Really?

18. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

That movie was awful. Will not watch again, will not pass go, will not collect time refund.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.