don't click here

Project Needlemouse: old threads

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Aquaslash, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    Another possibility?

2. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    I secretly want to believe that the reason the Sonic logo is blacked out is because they don't want to reveal the big 4 on the right side of the banner.

3. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    This game will be finished before the S2HD staff finishes a Title Card sequence.

Believe it.

4. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    And the reason they don't show any levels or anything would be that they're trying to keep the CANADIAN ZONE a secret? :3

5. Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Children, Children, don't be scared. Member
    Toledo, OH
    Level Concepts
    Sweet Christ, that made me laugh so hard.

6. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Just as I wouldn't want a fan project to bear this name, I don't think it'd be any better if this game adopted the title. The original Sonic Team is gone; any attempt at trying to live up to their legacy is not only unlikely, but pretentious. I severely doubt anyone employed by present-day Sonic Team can accomplish a project that the name "Sonic 4" connotates; it's better if they don't try, if you ask me.

Despite how COOL SWEET & EDGY it is to bash S2HD, can we please drop it? It's cluttering up the thread and is bound to cause an off-topic tangent of everyone trying to be cool by calling the project shit.

7. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Probably grasping at straws, but the lighting provides a subtle hint at that SONIC 4 thing.

[​IMG]

Also, EH?, SOOPAR SAWNIK, etc.

8. Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Children, Children, don't be scared. Member
    Toledo, OH
    Level Concepts
    Out of curiosity, did the original design team work on MegaMan 9, and was it anywhere near as good as its predecessors?

And I agree, that would be pretentious. I guess I'm not asking for Sonic 4 in title, but I really am asking for it in spirit.

EDIT: Go ahead an smack my wrists for even mentioning S2HD. That was my honest thoughts, no bashing intended. /S2HD on this thread.... X\

9. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    All I know is that I want an epic battle before the final level where Sonic and Metal Sonic are racing up to catch the Death Egg or some similar contraption of Eggman's as it is taking off. Basically the demon love child between the battle against Speedy in Tails Adventures, and the rock jumping stage in Shinobi III.

And there's debris falling from the Death Egg you have to dodge and Metal Sonic's firing lasers from his belly occasionally to trip you up, and maybe there are even a few wall-jumping bits here and there too.

(I guess a cross between the Tower of Puppet stage in Headdy and the Sonic CD opening is accurate as well, then.)

10. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

I disagree. I'd love to see AM2 tackle a Sonic game. Their quality has never waivered, and despite my undying love for Sonic, AM2 has been more important to Sega than any other team.

The original team indeed reassembled, and yes, Megaman 9 was stellar. I'd say it's the 2nd best Megaman game, only behind Megaman 2.

11. Roybertito

Roybertito

Still alive, apparently. Member
    The question is who's developing this.

It could be Dimps. It could be the same Dimps that did Sonic Rush. If so, then we've got a good Sonic game on our hands - they just need to understand the concept of underwater maze levels.

And with Megaman 9, it wasn't developed by the original team, rather being developed by Inti Creates, known for their work on the Mega Man Zero and ZX series of games (good games, mind you). They did have some of the original team on their side, though.

It'd be cool if Dimps did it, if it's good Dimps not Sonic Advance 2/Sonic Rush Adventure Dimps. It'd be cool if they got some of the original team.

You know what frightens me the most? The music. Music quality is sliding in recent Sonic games, and nothing can live up to the originals - unless, that is, they bring back Naganuma. I found the SR soundtrack to be one of, if not the best, among all modern Sonic soundtracks. Naganuma is an in-house Sega employee, all they have to do is ask.

12. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    Also, considering how many people read the interview(I'm guessing), how many times have they referred to the first four games as 'Sonic Legacy'? Because I find that to be a very fitting and actually cool sounding name to bunch them up into. Plus I just loved the fact they were talking about a bunch of things from the past I thought no one at Sega even cared about, like Sonic Chaos(even though it was a negative comment) and even Bark the Polar Bear - even though it was just one guy who wasn't important in the company, as far as I know.

Actually, I found the interview to be more entertaining then the article. I'm just wondering how big this game will be - I'm fully expecting just some Arcade game, but if they actually go for a full fledged game, this is something that I would save up for, instead of just spend the cash whenever I fall into the right cash(Usually during the birthday.. days.).

13. Jayextee

Jayextee

Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.

CAUTION: SPECULATION IN THIS POST

If the original team (most, if not all are no longer part of Sonic Team) reassembled, it wouldn't actually be a Sonic Team game, would it? And the Sonic Team logo is nowhere in sight.

You see where I'm going here. Like I say, just speculating. Pay no real mind. =P

14. corneliab

corneliab

He was referring to Megaman 9, idiot.

15. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

I doubt the original Sonic Team reassembled. They all work at different companies. If they DID reassemble to make Sonic 4, it'd be one of the greatest joint projects in gaming history. You'd have several all-star companies lending out their leading talent to make a mascot game.

16. Jayextee

Jayextee

Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Did I not clearly hint that I was speculating about the reforming of the original Sonic team as a maybe, and inform you not to pay it any real attention? I think I did.

Idiot.

Agreed. It's purely wishful thinking at this juncture, but it would be sweet. :)

17. Roybertito

Roybertito

Guys. Guys.

What if Prope develops? After all, Naka did say they've been working on a Sonic-like action game. Maybe Sega saw it and told them to redo it as a full-on Sonic title.

Which would be really, really sweet.

18. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

If we're gonna dream...

19. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Yasuhara works for Namco now.

If you want to embed the trailer in the news post, I stuck it on Youtube.

20. Roybertito

Roybertito

So Sonic can get even more unnecessarily dark? No thanks.

I love Naughty Dog, sure, but... the more I look at what they did to the Jak franchise, the more I :argh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.