don't click here

Project Needlemouse: old threads

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Aquaslash, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I really need to install Sonic Heroes in this machine then (installer refuses to work, though). Last time I played it was on my old computer and it ran at 10FPS with luck. As you can guess, the Special Stages had a lot of frameskip. But even then they seemed quite playable to me. Quirky, yes, but I had little trouble with them really.

2. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Yeah, I liked the Heroes Special Stages (big surprise!). They're a little difficult at first, but they are far from awful imo. I have little difficulty avoiding bombs, and when you do hit them, it's really not much of a setback unless you keep hitting them.

3. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Weird, I personally think the Sonic Heroes special stages were maybe a little glitchy, but still 80 times better than those godawful Sonic 2 Special Stages.

4. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    How exactly are the S2 special stages 'awful'?

5. Yeah, I liked Sonic 2's special stages, though "Blue Sphere" from 3 is my favorite. :P

6. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Y'know, the more I think about it, the more I want to see a game with sprites styled after Sonic the Screensaver (see Sik's avatar). That'd be so kickass.

I mean, it's not like "sprites drawn by an official anime company" isn't something that's been done before - just look at Wario Land: Shake It!, it worked wonders for that game (even if it wasn't the strongest WL game ever - though it definitely was a good game). A Sonic game of that ilk would be incredible, especially in HD.

7. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Awfully difficult, only did it once.
    I agree that Heroes' aren't so bad, and I really liked the half-pipe stages of Sonic 3D-

8. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    This. Exactly this.

9. synchronizer

synchronizer

I can't do it at all. You have to memorize where the rings are to win, and that is unfair to me. (or you have to react extremely quickly) I like the concept, but I like Sonic 3d Saturn's and maybe even Rush's version. (I have not played the first, but it looks awesome, and possibly the best out of all of the Sonic 2 styled special stages.

10. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    They're all incredibly easy minus the last one where the rings are just everywhere.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Not with Tails they aren't. They expect you to get more rings when in the end Tails might actually make you get less a lot of the time.

12. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    What sane person plays with Tails following you?

13. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Really? I find even that last one pretty easy, those rings aren't as hard to get as it seems. In any case the catch there is to not hit the bombs because there aren't many rings you can recover.

14. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    ... Then play Sonic Only mode? I woulda' thought that the novelty of playing 2-Player Co-Op would have worn off by now... Still, I disgress, I have played Sonic 2 since I was 6 and I still havn't got all 7 chaos emeralds without using a emulator with savestates. That game made it TOO hard to get all 7. I managed to get all the emeralds in the version of Sonic 1 on the freaking iPod!

Blue spheres is my favorite.

EDIT: 2 people have already posted before me >_>

15. SonarDragon

SonarDragon

I think having Tails helps, his ring count isn't the same as Sonic's. I don't see how him losing rings makes it any worse.

16. RevFirst

RevFirst

I personally think Sonic Rush has the best special stage. Sonic Rush Adventure's... not so much. And I find it amazing how people here struggle with Sonic 2's special stage. And Labyrinth Zone. And Scrap Brain Zone. :psyduck:

Back to Needlemouse: The more level gimmicks, the better.

17. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Because when you're playing as both, the game requires you to get more rings. Thereby, since you can't rely on Tails not losing what he gets, it's basically the same as Sonic/Tails alone but harder.

18. ColaPop

ColaPop

Dallas
    Still Learning
    I loved the Sonic Heroes special stages. In fact, they were (almost) the only thing I liked about that game. The music in the bonus challenge stage is fantastic. It's hardly any fun switching to tails/knuckles as they slow it down quite a bit, but nonetheless there are still some interesting gameplay mechanics there.

19. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    I always switch to Big in the bonus stages with Team Rose. x3 width get!

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I just press start most of the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.