don't click here

Possibly they still do it, even today?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Bleeding Cut, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bleeding Cut

Bleeding Cut

Dr. Knuckles Member
    I think SEGA still prints up their manuals while they`re making the game. Proof? Check your Sonic Heroes manual. Go to the first page where they explain about the 2P Modes. Several "beta" screenshots are there. As soon as I find the scanner`s CD-ROM, I`ll scan some pics. But, for now, you can deal with checking your own manual. :P

The first "beta" screenshot is of the selection of the Teams. They display Team Sonic and Team Dark, but they`re farther apart than they are in the actual game.

I have to look up the other "beta" shots I noticed (see, people still read the manuals!). I don`t want to post false information, but the one I mentioned I remember very clearly.

So, does this mean there is Sonic Heroes "beta?" Only God in Heaven can probably tell us that.

2. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    ....they typically do. It's a LOT easier for ANY game company to make the manual a couple months ahead of time. No biggie.

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I'm not exactly god in heaven, but I can tell you that some people already have a copy of a Sonic Heroes prototype. And I don't mean just the E3 Demo everybody has already.

4. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Yeah, I forget the website that has it, but they have Sonic Heroes Alpha.

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I don't think the alpha was ever posted in any site, or else it would have been announced at Sonic CulT.

6. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    Beta screenshots? I haven't seen a single difference from the final game. But I DO remember this screen I've seen a few months ago, where Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles were SWIMMING in the Ocean Palace Zone. Or maybe that was a hoax.

7. The one on page 24. You can't see team blast behind the team blast meter.

Also, The ones showing the GC theater and the Audio room. I'n not sure about the differences, though. ALL the pictures are beta pictures.

8. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

New Castle, Delaware
    In the Sonic 2 manual, the title screen from Sonic 2 Beta was shown, but it had the 1 Player and 2 Player options at the bottom like in the final. So that's probably a later beta than the one we all currently have.

9. what site is that anyone know?

10. ...not only is that common knowledge, but it's also on the site.

11. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

New Castle, Delaware
    I know, but that just come to mind at the moment.

12. heh.. I'm actually starting to forget stuff about s2b. Better go check the site!

13. I'm almost positive it was Sonic Cult. That's where they got most of their Heroes spoilers.

14. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    Cult took down all Heroes downloads though.

15. Ben2k9

Ben2k9

We stand to Fight Oldbie
    Manchester, UK
    none at the mo
    they took down their whole Heroes page (I really like the metal sonic they had on the front page!)

16. Bleeding Cut

Bleeding Cut

Dr. Knuckles Member
    Well, I didn`t know that betas could be found so easily now. I`m sorry. ;)

17. RoboticParanoia

RoboticParanoia

Yes, these are flower men. Oldbie
    A Brisk Walk Through Time/Getigo Engine
    They actually can be. Some don't have manuals though.

18. Bleeding Cut

Bleeding Cut

Dr. Knuckles Member
    Well, I checked out the manual again, and now I can list the other oddball in it:

Whenever they show a pic of the save files, the one that is selected is number 00.....but there cannot be a 00 save file; it doesn`t exist in the "final." Also, if you look closely, you can see that the time is 0:00....but how can you play a save file for 0:00? The pic of the Team is Sonic, so I am confoozled about this.

Also, if there isn`t a "non-cheating" way of getting level select (you know, a "cheating" way would be using Action Replay to activate level select), then how does SEGA test the levels? We know that a level select code was developed for the older Sonic games, but what about the GameCube ones? :huh:

19. Icy Guy

Icy Guy

Hedgehog. Sonic the Hedgehog. Member
    California
    GoldenEye 007 level hack
    They probably have a "debug copy" of sorts that will allow them to do whatever - move the camera while the action's frozen, level select, music select, kill characters, disable/enable graphic effects, etc. The versions at the office likely have a debug menu enabled that will allow them to do this, but, of course, that menu is disabled/removed/not displayed in the public/final release. :)

20. Bleeding Cut

Bleeding Cut

Dr. Knuckles Member
    Ah, thanks. But that`s not fair! :) I was wondering about that since Sonic Adventure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.