don't click here

(OLD - ARCHIVE PURPOSE) Items, Menus, Title Cards & Misc Art

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by Hitaxas, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I don't think he's supposed to have made them... Except for those that aim for a set of spikes, of course. =|

About the base, it's a bit bigger than usual, isn't it? Might be because the coils in this one seem to be slightly taller.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Also, some of the volume of the original base is still not present in the HD.

That shine they put in the middle almost makes the base seen octogonal (or decagonal?) instead of round, by the way. What do you think?

2. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2HD - Project Leader & Chara Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    Adjusted the shade more on the center.

[​IMG]
    I think the sides could be more darkened and smaller, and I'll do my best to complete it by tomorrow.

Oh, and E-12, means is the #12 Example produced by me! No Eggman involved!

P.s. Ok I should be sleeping now, it' 4.00 A.M. :D

EDIT: Update!

#17 come forth!
    [​IMG]

3. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    I'm thinking that the shine shouldn't be perfectly in the middle, but offset just a bit, without going against the original sprite. An offset of 6-10 pixels should do it.

4. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    No it's fine in the middle. What I am more concerned about is the shading of the springs themselves no longer match the light source of the red platform.

5. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    [​IMG]

Sorry for being away so long, I thought I should at least check up on the project.
    Vincent, the spring looks good but the white shine on the top of the spring isn't all white. Now, even if is gets a bit darker to the edges of the spring, the shine needs to be even on both sides (maybe a tiny bit thicker too). :objection:

6. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
  7. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Still, considering the huge shine IN THE MIDDLE of the spring, it seems unnatural that the border shine isn't balanced.

8. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Jesus, didn't realise I hadn't uploaded the uber version of the monitors I created a while back to the database - I know I posted about it on here, but looks like I completely forgot to upload the source file. Have now rectified this - it hasn't been modified since I last posted in November since I was lazy last year and have now been tied up with freelance work since this year began. Hopefully it'll be useful to anyone wanting to do the remaining icons. Here's a refresher image for anyone who can't be bothered to click the database link:

[​IMG]

AFAIK my speed shoes icon that's included wasn't approved, so ignore that - actually, looking at it the monitors are no longer on the approved list; dunno if that's just due to me never uploading the uber version or if someone came along and made better ones - hopefully the former! = S Was leaving the life / Robotnik icons for someone who could better mimic the character art style that's being used for the project. The ring I never got around to starting, and the invincibility was a pain - could never get the stars looking the right shape, so I gave up on it. Might have a crack at it again if I get any free time soon.

Hope this is useful to you lot, anyways! Any C&C's are welcome, though it hasn't changed since I last posted it. =P Bear in mind I am rather tied up ATM though, so any changes might take a while - don't be afraid to download the source file and edit it yourself instead! Just please excuse how messy and botched together it all is. = S Done entirely with Flash's line and fill tools, since I haven't yet had a chance to learn Illustrator.

9. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2 HD
    The former, McAleeCh!

And thanks to you also this art gets "Approved" and rightfully uploaded on the DB!
    Less work S2HD Staff to do, the faster we'll complete the next release! :)

Now about items, only the rings needs to be done and they are pretty tricky. Anyone up to this have a crack on it! ^^

[​IMG]

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
  11. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Who CARES?! Lol Kidding =P

They are from Chaotix, we are trying to use the extra frames and they can help us! =P

12. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2 HD
    It's the S2 ones + 2 added frames from chaotix.

Smoothing animation reasons of course. :)

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Oh ok, I was only wondering if you guys had noticed it...

14. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    I've been working on making the ring in Maya. I still need to get the lighting right, but I'm getting close.

15. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Somthing I've noticed about the springs is the white shine in the middle (only the north, south, east and west ones). On the side where the shading is most spread out, the gradient at the edge is just about dead sharp (there is about 3 pixels in it), and on the side which the shading is most compact, the edge of the white is very smooth (about 10/13 pixels). I guess they should be equal. Just pointing out small details. :v:

[​IMG]

16. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Metal cylinders use to have non symetric shines:

[​IMG]

Off-topic: That cylinder/clock looks cool! xD

17. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Its not meant to be metal.

18. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I think it is, like the red cars...

19. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

S2HD Project Manager Member
    Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
    Have to agree with ME here Sonica. The springs have always been more metallic in my mind than anything else. With the current shading applied it seems even more apparent.

20. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Ah, well, I will just have to live with thinking they look odd.
    (even shading in plastic (and I have always thought the top was plastic =S) seems more apparent... to me... but we all have an oppinion)

Anyhow, I am making the uber Capsule, no images yet but keep your eyes peeled!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.