don't click here

Music Remastered

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by Athelstone, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    I agree. The songs do sound better, but most of them still sound like the belong on NES<->Saturn. I'm not looking for a miracle and I'm certainly not saying it's bad, but if the music is going to sound like this I say just say remaster it with better quality instruments.

2. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    The latest rendition of Mystic Cave is Amazing!
    It's a perfectly fitting HQ version of the original =P

3. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Meh, as long as I bothered to change it a little I may as well put it up here.
    Added a bit more bass boost and echo and slowed it down a tad, but the failings of my patch set are quite obvious in comparison to the version above this.

http://www.box.net/shared/dubk6zk00w

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    It's not too much time spent, simply because it would be different people making them...

And that applies to art as well.

5. Ok, I've been listening to some of the songs and played a few over the game, here's up to now what I think fits the most...
    Chemical Plant - Blaze (Perfect)
    Hill Top - Blaze (Perfect, although could sound better)
    Mystic Cave - Hunter Bridges (Up the tempo so it matches the speed of the originals)
    Oil Ocean - Tweakers (Perfect)
    Metropolis - Tweakers (Perfect)
    Hidden Palace - Tweakers (Needs toning down, match the intro drums to the original so it doesn't sound like the start of a rave song)

6. Modified my CPZ a bit.

And I'm assuming for the songs used that a version with a faster tempo will need to be made for the Speed Shoes?

7. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Said people could be doing something useful instead of working on little bonuses. I don't think you realize just how much work there actually is to be done here. It's certainly way too much to expect to be able to do multiple graphics-packs and multiple music packs.

8. I did a double take when I heard those drums and thought I was about to be Rickrolled. :P

9. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Hrm, I think the extra supporting chords that you added (they're wider now), kind of bring down the feel of the song. In addition, when you changing the falling chords as part of the first measure to sort of bop up instead of down, it took out some of the "creepy" feel that the original song had.

Overall, I don't know, it doesn't have a feel that I can honestly say fits the zone well. I do like the drums, though.

Much better! Though, it does sound a bit "pitchy" now.

10. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2HD - Project Leader & Chara Member
    Sonic 2 HD

I'd like to hear this music version with the exact same notes as the original, thus I really believe it's a superb contribution.
    Nice work!

11. Bibin

Bibin

DON'T LET THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU. Member
    New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    Here's a WIP of a CPZ I made the other night. I need help with this, since it's pretty ugly sounding.

Chemical Plant Zone WIP

12. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Since no-one else's commented on this, then I will - I *love it!* This is definitely more like the feel of the MCZ alright, great job! ;) The very first bit could do with a little more 'oomph' perhaps still

13. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Eh... not so much. The production quality is quite low, and the feel isn't really striking me as appealing. We haven't hit the right sound yet—but danny B is working on a version of Mystic Cave that should prove to be very interesting.

14. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Of all the music, I think I'm most looking forward to an updated version of the end-of-level boss battle - now THAT has to have 'oomph' to it!

Just to make sure, I presume anything from project Hedgehog Heaven is a nono for Sonic 2 HD?

15. I'm sure most of you know this, but Galbadia Hotel has pretty much the entire Sonic soundtrack collection (along with like every other game) so if you arn't sure about the correct speeds, you could head over there and pick the track you're working on just to make sure the tempo and speed are the same in your version.

16. I honestly liked your Aquatic Ruin rendition better. There are two things in particular that stick out to me. The first is the high-pitched lead; while it adds character, it seems to me too synthy. The second is the low brass patch that I must admit adds a very unique color to the song, but I'm just not sure that it's the right color...

Just my two cents.

Is it supposed to sound a bit distorted in my headphones (meaning did you purposefully add the distortion effect) or is it just clipping?

17. Bibin

Bibin

DON'T LET THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU. Member
    New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    This is beautiful; that's going straight to my collection. The lead instrument is a bit unfitting, though.

18. Flare

Flare

I know it was mentioned back about the changing of some parts for ARZ but I liked the song more because of it. Not only does it sound great but it sounds as if it was a guy playing it off by heart and adding his own flare to it.

I like it very much and it matches the zone nicely.

19. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Yeah, I added some distortion to it, mainly to emphasize things like the growl at the start of the song.

Of course as Tweaker noted, production is rather low on the rendered midi (hence I posted the midi raw elsewhere).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.