don't click here

Is this possible?

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by DDRKhat, Feb 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mustapha

Mustapha

A+ Oldbie
    A+
    A PLUS
    I personaly think its that hack that Hivebrain worked on. I am sure you did not do all of that yourself. If you did, could you please P.M me a copy of the rom. I don't care if the loops are fucked. I just need the rom in it's current state.

2. Mustapha

Mustapha

A+ Oldbie
    A+
    A PLUS
    Sorry for the Double Post.

Congratulations, your an idiot for stealing work and making it look like your own.
    Excuses like, "im just having Green hill for the first two zones" are not valid. It's like stealing Esrael's S1 hack with Spindash and completely editing the level layouts and and palletes and saying you added Spin Dash.

It's too late now to use excuses like that, you should've said in the beginning, that "I am trying to edit Hivebrain's hack with GHZ and I have a problem with the loop, could you fix it?." After you Pmed or talked to HB and have asked for permission.

3. Ben2k9

Ben2k9

We stand to Fight Oldbie
    Manchester, UK
    none at the mo
    sorry foamy, but I agree, it doesn't go down too well if you steal someone elses work and not give them credit.

4. RoboticParanoia

RoboticParanoia

Yes, these are flower men. Oldbie
    A Brisk Walk Through Time/Getigo Engine
    He's innocent till proven guilty, you know.

Unless he did something and he deleted his post... <_<

5. Mustapha

Mustapha

A+ Oldbie
    A+
    A PLUS
    Kezo Nightshade (52 Days left!) says:
    no I cant give you the rom in its current state

and for the record its not just a copy

im just having Green hill for the first two zones

MMM-HMM. Shame on you.

After he read my post, he called me a slag and blocked me.

You are inmature and an idiot. A key word is CREDIT! One of the golden rules is to give Credit when due. The GHZ in S2 was not your concept and work.

6. Ben2k9

Ben2k9

We stand to Fight Oldbie
    Manchester, UK
    none at the mo
    I hope foamy/kezo isn't catching the dreaded 'turd flu' as he is a cool member here and it would be a shame to see him banned.

7. RoboticParanoia

RoboticParanoia

Yes, these are flower men. Oldbie
    A Brisk Walk Through Time/Getigo Engine
    Yeah, then he did copy if he gave you the rom...

Plagarizing fucker... <_<

8. Ben2k9

Ben2k9

We stand to Fight Oldbie
    Manchester, UK
    none at the mo
    no need to flame him, im sure when he gets approved he'll apologise, if you wernt such a blind dumbass you would see hes used up his 20 posts so he cant do anything. its not nice to call people behind their backs.

edit: typos

9. Mustapha

Mustapha

A+ Oldbie
    A+
    A PLUS
    I agree. He was a well-respected member, but alot of that respect has dried up today.

10. Mustapha

Mustapha

A+ Oldbie
    A+
    A PLUS
    Im sorry for flaming him. I know he used up his 20 posts. I did not mean to be a dumbass.

Edit: Sorry again for the double posting. Ill try not to in the future.

11. Ben2k9

Ben2k9

We stand to Fight Oldbie
    Manchester, UK
    none at the mo
    that was actually directed to RoboticParanoia :P

12. Bleeding Cut

Bleeding Cut

Dr. Knuckles Member
    Oh my God Kezo! :shocked:

How could you? Do you know how much work Hive put into that hack? The time? The energy? And then you go and steal it? For what? Fame? C`mon now. I know that you know better than that. And not only steal it, but then take credit for it? I`m ashamed of you, I really am. Doing this, you`ve now broken my trust. Ya know, trust takes years to built, yet seconds to break. How can anyone trust you if you`ve just did this? I hope you feel bad about what you`ve done, because I`m sure that you wouldn`t want this to happen to you. Think about it, how would you feel if Hive stole it from you (not that he would though)? Albet you`d be mad, upset, wanting some action to be taking place as punishment, no? Well, let this be a life lesson to you: do unto others as would would them.

13. Simon

Simon

Oldbie
    You mean... if he gets approved.

14. SupperTails66

SupperTails66

Tech Member
    All right, Foamy told me to say this (don't flame me if you don't like it; it's just what he told me to say!):

15. The Wanderer

The Wanderer

Never really posted Member
    Flash Animations
    ...Despite the fact that he did say he was going to give credit where it was due, did he ever ask for the use of the level tiles? Had he asked Hivebrain before he used the tiles, things would have gone a lot smoother, and accusations wouldn't be flying around.

As for the actual topic, if this is Sonic 2, you require two (actually three to reset the plane) objects: the one that sets the loop, and one that sets the plane so that the loop works. As you are using SonED, all of these objects fall under the 03 XX 00 locations in the editor, (I believe its 03 12 00 for the one that sets the plane Sonic is on, and I can't remember the actual loop object right now. I'd have to check ESE/SonED.) However, it appears you already have the actual object for the loop there, but from what you are saying it causes a glitch much like it wasn't there. That I can't exactly explain.

...I may be wrong about this though, so I am incorrect, please correct me. I'm not exactly a Tech Member so I have been known to ramble on about stuff that I have completely wrong. (And if so, point out what I'm doing wrong so I don't look like a fool again. :P )

16. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    *shrug* You know more than I do. I haven't gone into loops in excessive detail. That's for when I get to level design.

17. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    He could have done it himself, porting the tiles and level layout it shit easy. But porting the collision, rotating pallet, level deformation effects, and animated patterns isn't. From those shots we cannot tell if that hack contains anything but the tiles and level layout. so, I think we should save the judgment until we get the ROM and it would be extremely easy to tell if he stole anything.

18. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    WTF, I could understand this if he was using custom tiles, but to have to ask HIVEBRAIN, of all people, to use standard GHZ tiles? BULL-FUCKING-SHIT. They're SEGA's tiles, if anyone should be asked, it should be them.

Guys, quit being such dicks. Don't start assuming the hack is 'stolen' just because it happens to be Tails in GHZ. If I made a hack like that, would I suddenly be a thief and a lamer too?

Respect drying up, indeed...

19. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    That's true, they are Sega's tiles (although me and Rikachou edited them to get certain things to work correctly), and had he asked me first if he could use the tiles, I would've probably said yes. But it looks like he's simply downloaded a copy of my hack and is claiming it as his own without modifying it in any way. On closer inspection, I can see the object layout, palletes, background deformation, and collision data are all from my hack.

20. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Well, if that's the case, then it's different.

My point was, people were ASSUMING that it was stolen, simply because it was Tails in GHZ. That's wrong, no matter what the facts are. Wait for more proof one way or the other, THEN make your decision, don't scream 'THIEF! LAMER! ASSHOLE!' without any information to back it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.