don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Wait so the whole "Nagus bringing back the Ixis order" plotline got effectively torpedoed since anything Ixis is off limits?

I'm not sure how to salvage that.

2. Tylinos

Tylinos

That's a funny way of saying "Karl Bollers".

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya idk why but for some reason I have just grown to love Ian's interpretation of him. Orbot and Cubot are all well and good but they're different. I liked the Genesis interpretation they had of him

4. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Issue 53 he introduces himself as Ixis Naugus, written by Ken Penders.

5. Tylinos

Tylinos

Issue 53 had two stories. The first was Ken. The second was Karl. Naugus was in the second.

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Everything from #1-251 (minus the crossovers) got carpetbombed storyline, character, and universe-wise. basically, we just got plopped in the middle of a different but similar looking arc now within a fused universe. whatever comes back storyline, character, and universe-wise Ian wanted/was allowed to keep it anything that doesn't well LAWL GENRARSIS WAEV KILL'D IT THERE EXPLAINED.

7. Preview for SU #55:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So Blaze remembers everything too, makes sense considering shes like a female Sonic. that makes 3 characters so far that remember the old universe.

9. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Maybe having the Genesis Wave go off a second time was always the intention. The crossover was last-minute it sounds like, so perhaps what we're seeing now was the original intended effect, that will eventually be undone. Otherwise, what's the point of having 3 characters remember the old universe as opposed to just wiping it out all together?

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    "Marine is right... I think"

Good god her constant Australian stereotype is still annoying, even outside SRA.

11. Tylinos

Tylinos

Holding the audience. It's surprising how much of a difference "There's a new universe, but some people remember the old one," makes to people compared to "There's a new universe, so it's basically a complete reboot." It certainly made a difference to me, at least. It gives returning readers a reason to care.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Characters who are exposed to chaos energy typically are the ones who remember the old universe in some way. I'm sure more will remember in time.

13. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    So...Since no one is talking about it.

In the letters to SU #55 they dropped a hint that they may be doing an adaption of a mobile phone game. The only thing I can think of is Sonic Jump.

14. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    No need for hinting, it's confirmed. One of the Sonic Super Special Magazines, methinks.

15. Sonic Lost World adaptation preview: http://www.halloweencomicfest.com/catalogimages/STK_IMAGES_PDF/STK620001-640000/STK621221.pdf

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    "Completely original terrain here for sure"

lol. I've seen better art from these guys though. I am disapoint.

17. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Can somebody extract those from the PDF? I have trouble viewing those.

Spoilers of #252, look at your own risk!

18. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Welp, it's finally happened. SatAM Robotnik has effectively been completely ret-conned out of existence. I know it's probably for the best, but even so, it's a little sad that the last element of his existence is over and done with after almost 20 years.

19. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

So basically they've converted from turning Sally and Max into Tails recolors to Marine recolors? Stunning. :P

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Called it. After 20 years or so though, it's somewhat sad seeing Conehead Robotnik finally put to rest (for those of you wondering, they did not redesign SatAM Robotnik in that scene to look more like Modern Eggman. That's his Ministry of War outfit used before the Coup *I AM A NERD*). But at the same time it's strange yet awesome seeing Genesis Robotnik used in flashbacks now. I really REALLY hope that they didn't use this reboot to stop calling him Robotnik occasionally though. Minor detail I know but they used both names well in the comic before, so why stop?

I wonder what else has changed, and I'm curious as to why some of these things changed in the first place. No Nanites, revitalizing King Acorn, giving Naugus a tail, and many other minor things that just never seemed like important details to begin with yet for some reason they decided to change em anyway. I'm especially curious as to why they derobotized Sally since both Sonic, Tails, and Eggman recall Sally being a robot in the Worlds Collide arc. I know Ian wanted to end that arc but why not just push that til the end of this one? In fact why end basically every side arc and just say "FUCK IT TAILS DOLL." I understand they had to make changes but some of this seems to have been executed rather lazily... Maybe once I read the issue I'll be filled in more.