don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Trust me, this is mild compared to how it used to go down if someone came to the conclusion both were the same. At least now we have a straight answer.

2. True, but again, that was a special and not a long storyline like this. SLW writing was questionable, and I see no reason why Flynn would have tried to make the writing for the special any better than the games.

3. Donnie Paradox

Donnie Paradox

Some Gai Member
    Not to mention that the Lost World adaptation wasn't as fleshed out as the crossover will be. The former was done only to serve as a prelude to the events of the game. The latter will be a multiple parter with plenty of dialogue. I also wonder if the team has more creative freedom for this than they did for the adaptation.

I guess we'll see.

4. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    They goddamn better. I don't see what kind of executive order SoJ could have on Flynn writing Zavok other than "make him evil." Unless they want Zavok to literally be a cookie-cutter villain, which would be the dumbest thing ever when you have a writer like Flynn on board, I can see this working.

That said, Rafa's Worlds Unite cover looks pretty slick, though I'm wondering if there's a reason X is front in center other than [inlinespoiler]Xander (presumably) being the reason this is happening in the first place[/inlinespoiler]. And HELL YEAH Spaz is back with the covers. Always love his stuff.

Being that this is also just a 12 parter, I think it'll just try to be Worlds Collide but with more awesome. I'm in the boat with a lot of you thinking Collide was kind of perfect in that it was exactly as much geekyness as we could have asked for, not pushing it too much at ALL, and at the same time was just good fun. Really, I couldn't think of anywhere else to go with it. Unite might try to recapture the magic and strike out if it isn't careful, but... There's a good chance it'll work out. Let's hope. Yay now we have the X universe people, but there's not much Sonic stuff to pull from that we'd all really enjoy methinks, unless they pull even more AoSTH / SatAM / classic Archie and SEGA references.

5. Cyberguy

Cyberguy

I am the Chancellor of Clown Cars! Member
    Axl! Hooray! I've always thought Axl had the same problem a lot of Sonic characters had, a cool idea horribly marred by executive decisions and bad writing.

I'm still kinda iffy on needing another crossover so soon, but at least it'll be shorter, due to having more books to go through, and maybe it'll build enough interest in an X spinoff for it to happen!

6. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Zor is basically looking straight-up Frieza with hair there. Creepy.

7. RenyNoise

RenyNoise

Literally Swimming in Privilege Banned
    Me and you are pals!

8. Donnie Paradox

Donnie Paradox

Some Gai Member
    So more covers and solicitation texts have been shown off. I can't get over the one with Amy and Zero. It's too priceless. It seems the Deadly Six will serve a bigger role for the crossover than I initially thought as well which is nice as long as they're well written in my opinion. I'm very curious to see how this will all turn out now, especially just how much of the Boom universe will get tied up in this.

9. Cyberguy

Cyberguy

I am the Chancellor of Clown Cars! Member
    Those are amazing! I'm loving the presence that Boom and X seem to be having. We haven't seem Alia or Signas in ages!

Also...
    Eggaman? Sonicman? Where are these stories going!? Color me ten times as intrigued!

10. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    M'Egga Man. Because puns.

11. Tylinos

Tylinos

Copying those solicits over here for easier viewing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Again I am not fond in the slightest of the Boom franchise being pulled into this, as I deem it unnecessary. I don't think it will ruin it in any way though. Will be very interested to see how this plays out.

13. RenyNoise

RenyNoise

Archie fucked up putting Alia's pre X8 design. She won't be as fun to look at anymore.

I want Bass to show up again, I want Zero to meet his older brother, the fanboy in me would squeal.

14. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    It's awesome seeing Tyson Hesse back on the comic. Love his cover on the Super Special!

15. Tylinos

Tylinos

Since I missed them last time, here are the remaining variants:

SONIC UNIVERSE 76:

[​IMG]

SONIC BOOM #8:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #273:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally, the Mosaic Variants so far, stitched together:

[​IMG]

16. RenyNoise

RenyNoise

The artists needs to stop making Axl look so badass.

17. Donnie Paradox

Donnie Paradox

Some Gai Member
    Thanks. Wasn't sure if it was okay to do that or not because of spoilers so I just linked to where they were at in case people were skimming through the thread. I'll gladly upload the covers and text solicitations here next time.

18. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    That last image looks pretty awesome... I'm thinking in change my wallpaper...

19. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    So is Sticks the only Boom character getting involved in the crossover? I've only ever seen her in the promo art, no Boom!Sonics interacting with Archie!Sonic...

20. Come to think of it I just noticed that. If that's the case then this won't bug me at all. Even though I hate Sticks with a passion.